• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you prefer Pokemon Origins to supplant the regular Animé?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
While not necessarily Origins, I always wondered why they haven't decided to make an anime of the Pokemon Adventures/Special manga series. It follows more like the games, and is a bit more mature in content so it could be geared toward older audiences. Red, Blue, Green, and company all appear in it too.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
While not necessarily Origins, I always wondered why they haven't decided to make an anime of the Pokemon Adventures/Special manga series. It follows more like the games, and is a bit more mature in content so it could be geared toward older audiences. Red, Blue, Green, and company all appear in it too.

Because Special is awful and the Pokemon heads are too ashamed of it to admit it exists, obviously :D

But seriously, that manga is overrated and I never want to see it animated, ever.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
We don't even need to switch main protags to make it better just make Ash more serious and have make smart moves not losing to a.LV 1 Snivy :p.

Last edited:
Im almost certain that op and naruto are aimed at 13+ people, while the anime is aimed kids younger then that.
Regardless though, the anine can aim for something more mature, just a bit. I can admit it wouldnt kill it.
I like to believe that kanto and dp were aimed for older kids but now it focuses on little kids more

pokefreakceetje

What I heve seen in the spoilers it looks great because you see things from the original games like the save etc. But there are also new things that are reaaly cool like the art.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Pokemon Special doesn't exist as afar as the official Japanese site of Pokemon. For the japanesee site, they talk about all things of the franchise (GF games, side games, main anime/movie, side-program of Pokemon, pokemon cards, merchandising, all type of events related to Pokemon. Except he Pokemon managa. And even in the manga, thge "pokemon manga" has popularity on Japan given it's published by the main CoroCoro as opposed to CoroCoro Ichiban (who has a LOT less popularity) and Pokemon Fan (which is a magazine for heavy Pokemon fans). I think that more people in Japan have seen this:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/590368377.jpg?1338522865

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/606318415.jpg?1340773915

than Pokemon Special.

And I think that in 2011 Pokemon Reburst (target audience NOT being children) was more popualr than Special.

And for the magazine, I think that 80% of Pokemon audience in CoroCoro Ichiban read Special. In pooikemon Fan I give it a 30% ofr lectors that view the magazine. But in Pokemon Ichiban Pokemon is one of the franchises (in Pokemon Fan Pokemon is in technically 100% of viewers.

However, I think that we are going to get something related to

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
To be honest, yes, I would. Like, I thought the special had a some flaws, but overall it was better than the main anime in my opinion. I'd prefer watching more episodes that follow Red's journey than the current anime since the special seemed very faithful to the games and it was consistently good. The latter is what I've always wanted in the main anime.

Last edited:

Hercule

average shiny hunter
Pokemon Special doesn't exist as afar as the official Japanese site of Pokemon. For the japanesee site, they talk about all things of the franchise (GF games, side games, main anime/movie, side-program of Pokemon, pokemon cards, merchandising, all type of events related to Pokemon. Except he Pokemon managa. And even in the manga, thge "pokemon manga" has popularity on Japan given it's published by the main CoroCoro as opposed to CoroCoro Ichiban (who has a LOT less popularity) and Pokemon Fan (which is a magazine for heavy Pokemon fans). I think that more people in Japan have seen this:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/590368377.jpg?1338522865

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/thumb/606318415.jpg?1340773915

than Pokemon Special.

And I think that in 2011 Pokemon Reburst (target audience NOT being children) was more popualr than Special.

And for the magazine, I think that 80% of Pokemon audience in CoroCoro Ichiban read Special. In pooikemon Fan I give it a 30% ofr lectors that view the magazine. But in Pokemon Ichiban Pokemon is one of the franchises (in Pokemon Fan Pokemon is in technically 100% of viewers.

However, I think that we are going to get something related to
This is all speculation, good luck finding proof for those numbers.....

Japan has different standards. Stuff like Dragonball Z, Naruto ect are still aimed at kids, though all ages generally enjoy them. The main Pokemon anime is just super careful about anything mature, I dunno why, maybe it's the Porygon incident.
Indeed. Even the more mature shonen; Death Note is aimed at children.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
No, but I would like to see Origin specials for the Johto and Hoenn games. They should use Kenta/Marina and Brendan/May for their respective specials too.

Maybe in the Hoenn one we'd see a Groudon/Kyorge arc actually done right.

aloasa

The sound of drums
Would I like to see more of Origins? Yes, it was a cool episode.
BUT I don't want to replace the current anume, people have grown and most still love Ash and the gang, yes he has suffer mayor changes but it still good to watch, the art style has improve and most of all, it accomplises it's goal in spades, it introduces kids into the fandom, so at the end, I think that in that perspective they are doing a good job, they just need to step up the writing and modified the characthers a little so that an older audience can also enjoy them, besides, why have an anime so closely based on the games when you can, I don't know, PLAY THE GAME!

Shiny pokemon lower

To bad the Pokemon Orgins were so short, but I should knew it. :/ It would been good whith an alternative anime like that for us older fans. The orginal anime is ok and probably in the way the kids want it but a bit to unserious, repetive and stale for me.

I liked how Red battled the Gym leaders and won the badges the ondinary way, caught many different pokemon including the legendarys. The only drawback I saw from the episode Pictures were all the skipping. They should given the Pokemon Orgins some more episodes!

Rohanator

No, but I would like to see Origin specials for the Johto and Hoenn games. They should use Kenta/Marina and Brendan/May for their respective specials too.

Maybe in the Hoenn one we'd see a Groudon/Kyorge arc actually done right.

Seeing as gen 1 games have by far the simplest story line and The Origins was still rushed, they would probably need to do at least two specials for every following region.

Sephora

yes I'm back
No. I don't like the style all that much and gen 1 should be left to rest for a while.

Exactly.
The style for the origins, in my opinion, was terrible compared to the regular pokemon anime (maybe because I am used to it so much? :p) and the battles were harsh and violent. I mean those poor pokemon and the sounds they were making! Makes me want to stop the battle :'(

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Exactly.
The style for the origins, in my opinion, was terrible compared to the regular pokemon anime (maybe because I am used to it so much? :p) and the battles were harsh and violent. I mean those poor pokemon and the sounds they were making! Makes me want to stop the battle :'(

That's what made the special so unique, though.

CRIES OF PAIN!

VIOLENCE!

BLOOD!

THE FEELS!

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Exactly.

But that makes it better since battling no longer looks like a joke!

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
I like the current anime tons more than Origins, even though the current one has some problems.

Doesn't mean I object to more Origins-style specials in the future, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.