• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you purchase this totally hypothetical home console Pokémon game?

Would you purchase a HOME CONSOLE, MMORPG, open world Pokémon game?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you purchase this totally hypothetical home console Pokémon game?

http://goo.gl/DJjXDn

Pretty simple guys.

Would you or wouldn't you purchase an open world, MMORPG, Pokémon Bank compatible, beautiful (think Unreal Engine 4) HOME CONSOLE Pokémon game?

Head to the link and vote there too if you can!

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Yes, regardless of what it is, its a pokemon game, so I'd buy it.

Bahmo

I'm enthusiastic about everything mentioned there except the bit about being a MMORPG. I don't have much experience with them beyond DC Universe Online and some demos of others, but based on a very comprehensive trilogy of articles, the gripes I had there are widespread throughout the genre.

I'm a pretty hardcore skeptic of "Subscription Model" based media; designed to be prolonged at the expense of quality, and the shallow worldbuilding and deference to microgransactions and grinding over actual skilled play present in MMORPGs are among the most noxious examples of it. What alienates me about Pokemon is how repetitive and easy it's gotten, so no; "MMORPG" is not a selling point to make me think it's moved on from that.

Maybe someday, a game will come that sets MMORPGs to rights and makes them legitimate to people who feel games should be about skill and their plots should feel real, but I say let that be attempted by a developer who's better at online play; until then Pokemon shouldn't tangle with that beast.

Last edited:
I'm enthusiastic about everything mentioned there except the bit about being a MMORPG. I don't have much experience with them beyond DC Universe Online and some demos of others, but based on a very comprehensive trilogy of articles, the gripes I had there are widespread throughout the genre.

I'm a pretty hardcore skeptic of "Subscription Model" based media; designed to be prolonged at the expense of quality, and the shallow worldbuilding and deference to microgransactions and grinding over actual skilled play present in MMORPGs are among the most noxious examples of it. What alienates me about Pokemon is how repetitive it's gotten, so no; "MMORPG" is not a selling point to make me think it's moved on from that. Maybe someday, a game will come that sets MMORPGs to rights, but I say let that be a developer who's better at online play; until then Pokemon shouldn't tangle with that beast.

I didn't quite mean it in the traditional subscription sense (probably should have detailed that more). Somewhat similar to The Division where you can play with other characters in the region, not pay-to-play (I hate it too), and it would be especially bad if Nintendo jump onto that for the NX's player support system.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
While I would love the idea of an open world Pokemon game on a console, especially one with live-time, anime-esque battles, I'm not a fan of MMORPGs for the most part. I would want the game to be about me, rather than the group of millions playing the game.

KillerDraco

Unfortunately, there is a no advertising rule. Even for hypothetical constructs; if it's linking off-site, it's a no-no.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.