• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you rather see Ash battle Iris or Drayden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollow Marowak

Ground Trainer
I think Iris is currently sort of "in-training" for the 8th gym leader. That would explain why exaclty she is on the journey currently, besides raising Axew. I think when they get to the 8th city(forgot name) Iris should battle Drayden for the title of Gym Leader, lose and then rechallange him and win. Then she becomes the new 8th Gym Leader and Ash fights her for the badge. That'd be a good way to showcase both Iris and Drayden and give them good gym battles.

yeminied

I like the idea of a double battle like Liza and Tate.

Please for the love of god writers, if you do this don't, I repeat DON'T pull a Thunder Armour.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
I like the idea of a double battle like Liza and Tate.

Please for the love of god writers, if you do this don't, I repeat DON'T pull a Thunder Armour.
What if Pikachu "Aims for the horn"?

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
My idea, just for fun : Ash & Trip VS Iris & Drayden :3

A nice way to include both Gym Leaders, and develop the rivalry between Ash & Trip. IMO ^^; I dont really want either of them left out.

Iris should be involved to show how far she has come. But I think that Drayden should be as well because he has more status and skill as Gym Leader.

Amazing idea, I'd definetly want that to happen, or if not Trip then Bianca.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Let's wait for Pokemon Grey cersion first. If there is a new 8th leader, I may consider him/her instead.

But other, I prefer Ash battling Iris.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
What if Pikachu "Aims for the horn"?

Or he can do like in Brawl and turn into a giant ball of electric energy that flies around and annihilates everything in its path.

I would prefer to see Iris as a conclusion to her development. But we need to see more development first.

I agree. "The Bloom is on Axew" did a good job in starting to develop her and talk about her background a little bit. I'd like to see that more than instead of like in the filler episodes where all she does is gather fruit and say, "You're such a kid!"

GaZsTiC

Alternating
The only good answer is both. Drayden asks Ash to battle Iris to see if both of them are worthy and then afterwards both Ash and Iris battle Drayden separately. Ash wins the Badge and Iris officially becomes a worth Dragon master, and then takes over the Gym after the League/filler arc.

Trapman

Bazinga!!
Drayden. I want Ash to battle a proper dragon master not a kid like Iris. Plus that if Ash defeats Iris she would probably run away and cry like Max did when Ash defeated Norman. But I could see Ash battling Iris before the real gym match cause Iris wants to prove herself worthy the dragon trainer title or whatever.

gliscor&yanmega

I rather it be Ash vs Drayden. Ash and Iris can battle any day they want I just want Ash to battle Drayden for the badge.

pokemon fan 132

Answer is both.Ash should first try to challenge and beat Drayden earning his badge.
As for Iris they could battle either way whether being at gym or outside of it.That way Iris could show how much she progressed as trainer during her traveling(probably having Haxorus by than) being good way to develop her and have final battle against Ash.

If their confrontation would take place at gym than only possible way is to have Iris first try to beat Drayden proving how she has what it takes to take over gym afterwards Ash battling her to pass last gym.

IN any case im sure their battle is going to be epic with Iris and her dragon pokemon being on one side and Ash and years of experuence and good pokemon on other.

Also from were people get idea that Drayden or Iris will become dragon master?So far only known dragon master is E4 like Lance who is miles away in skill compared to gym leaders.

Grey Wind

Iris, with her Fraxure evolving in the match. I remember Ash battling Misty, and that was interesting, so I'd like to see that again.

RickHoenn

Banned
Drayden! Iris could fight with him at the end of the saga. :p

Haunter ゴースト

I would prefer Ash to battle Iris than Drayden.

However I think the writers have got some sort of plot/story when they reach Opelucid city regarding the gym leader, it's hard to tell.

A.O.D.X WISE X KID

IM THE MOST WISE
Battling Iris realizing she's not as silly as thought of . it would also be funny if HAXorus powned every single pokemon he had if her fraxure evo'd

Squirtle_007

Unless Iris get's more than one dragon type it is unforeseeable. But I get it, people like making unsupported speculations.

Like saying Dawn will come back just because some "Daijobu" in the opening and Looker´s appearence and that DP Special that end sending her to Hoenn?

Sorry if I broke the rules, it was just ... an impulse, OK, back on topic.

That´s a really good question, I would like to see Ash vs. Iris in the last gym, for Iris´s development, ´til now we haven´t seen Iris´s real battle potential and that would be a great development for her, winning or losing

Status
Not open for further replies.