• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you say these games are worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTypeStarter

I played Pokemon Diamond several years ago. I enjoyed it quite well. What would you say about the remakes? Do they add anything new or have anything that makes them worth it for those who played the original?

Jeppo

It's basically the same games, but with improved graphics, although in a somewhat weird style.

I'm buying the game, because I haven't played Gen 4 before and most think it's the best Gen, so I'm curious to see what the fuss is about.

I guess they add a little bit new things or what is the meaning of remakes
The game will be again quite better from the original version now
Bcoz all are waiting for it
And everyone is interested in these games
And the name sounds brilliant though
Overall the game feels good

treatyofversigh

I’d say they’re worth buying. I’m only past the first gym but I’m loving the art style and QoL improvements to the originals. I do still own the originals but I play my switch way more than I play my DS, and having easy access to updated versions of DP is really nice. There’s nothing new in terms of story or anything so far, but the free mythicals are awesome.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
If ur not short on money then I would recommend playing it.
Its like the original DP, but with better graphics.
Im enjoying it more than Swsh tbh

silv3rsolstic3

Pokemon Manga Lover
Personally, I'd recommend as something to pass the time until Arceus. The game is a lot better than people give it credit for because they forget pokemon games are made for children when it comes down to it and are just too critical. If you've got the money to spend and if you were interested in the trailers, I'd say go for it!

Leonhart

Imagineer
I personally don't think so. My expectations for these remakes were already quite low, but after seeing all the confirmed information, these games really are just D/P repackaged with better graphics. What little new content there is isn't as impressive as I would've liked: I'll wait until some DLC gets added before I bother to actually purchase these games.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
The answer to this question differs greatly from person to person. For someone who is craving a modern Pokemon experience, no, they should wait for Legends Arceus. For others who have major nostalgia for old school Pokemon games, then yeah they are worth it. Especially if they no longer have the original DS games or do not like playing something in 144p these days.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Worth emulating? Yes.
Worthy buying? No.
I don't think we should be encouraging people to pirate brand new games.

As to answer the original question:
I've read reviews that have said that these are the types of games worth buying if you were looking forward to play them.
I should add that if you felt dissuaded by the "faithful remake" approach, then I don't think there is much to change your mind.

Vini310

Being negative about people buying a game you dislike isn't a mature reaction.
Also, baming GAME FREAK for a game that they never made, it's ILCA who created BDSP.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Well, it is true that these games are not perfect and that they are not AMAZINGGGGG remakes like Oras and HGSS. Imo atleast.
But I still enjoy it very much. I love the Sinnoh games and Ive played them 10000 times in the recent years.
So how can I not like playing them on the Switch ? <3

aliciarune

why the hell GF don't make a better game?
Lazy bastards!
Not sure you know, but GF did not work on this game. It's by a new studio. Don't know how I feel about that. Still, I get why you're upset to a degree and wish the Pokemon games were better. At the same time, I don't see this as a crappy game. Just almost identical from the originals, which is both a good and bad thing.

Chill man. The games are fine as is. Really don't get what people are getting worked up about.

Plus, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Simples.
I agree. These games are fine. I'll be honest, these are the first games I decently enjoyed since X and Y.

Being negative about people buying a game you dislike isn't a mature reaction.
Also, baming GAME FREAK for a game that they never made, it's ILCA who created BDSP.
But we can blame GF to a degree. They fully decided not to take the time to make a unique remake of a generation people really wanted to play. While I like the game and think ILCA did a decent job, that doesn't mean I'll not criticize GF for doing this. If the TOA is good, I'll give them a pass. But for me GF has not done a really good job with Pokemon games since X and Y or maybe Sun and Moon. Still, I'm not against ILCA doing more pokemon games

As for the question, it honestly depends on what you're looking for. If you want a relaxing, simple game with upgraded graphics (if you like the graphics) then get it. If you're hoping for something new or expecting the remakes to be on the level of other remakes, then maybe pass.

I actually think these games are pretty good. Nothing amazing or exciting, but honestly when I play them I feel relaxed and good, a feeling which I haven't felt about Pokemon games for a while

Vini310

GF owns Pokemon do they not? They had a choice of making it themselves like SW before... why didn't they?
The Pokémon Company own Pokémon, they are the ones in charge.
When you take spin-offs into consideration, most Pokémon games aren't even developed by Game Freak.
They outsourced BDSP because they're busy developing Legends: Arceus.

Vini310

oh WOW... and people wonder why quality of pokemon decreases...
By this time people will buy it even if quality went back to Gen 1.
Gee, it's almost like people have different views on what a good Pokémon game is!
Case in point, my tier list: https://www.deviantart.com/vini310/art/Pokemon-Main-Series-Tier-List-2020-858115592

so they ignored fan's request for something else... why are people defending GF again?
Fan A: wants DP remakes
Fan B: wants a brand-new Pokémon game, with different gameplay and systems.
Game Freak is focusing on the latter, that's why they're developing Legends: Arceus, the game that's "A Bold New Direction" and will set the standard for future games. By comparison, BDSP is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.