• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would You See A Live-Action Pokemon Movie?

Would you see a live-action Pokemon movie?

• Yes

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 38 50.0%

• Total voters

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
lol they would f**k it upif they chose Justin Bieber to take a part. lol.

How accurate will they make it though? are they actually gonna make the main characters played by kids? correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't real life kids much, MUCH smaller than Ash is? Perhaps they will use some sort of editing like they did in LOTR?

Who can we see to play some characters?

Does Dakota Fanning still act?

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Dragonball was an abomination, and while we may hope for this:

http://www.oneinchpunch.net/wordpres...ve-pikachu.jpg

What we'll get is this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...3492RwYV_w.jpg

Haha these are funny pics!

sure! why not? my standards are low...I actually want to make one, but it'd probably end up flopping over and never even see the light of day

My expectations aren't too high either if someone makes one. Making a live-action Pokemon movie would be amazingly difficult to pull off. If they made one, I would like to see it out of curiosity. I made this thread because I wanted to see what other people would think.

Lol I would hate that but every tween girl in the country would go nuts. As for who they would get... I'll just throw names out there for fun: Vin Deisel as Giovanni, William H. Macy as Prof. Oak, Dwayne Johnson as Lt. Surge.

Last edited:

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3

hahahaha Justin Bieber would be a fail. (Seriously can he even act? Wait can he even sing?)

How accurate will they make it though? are they actually gonna make the main characters played by kids? correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't real life kids much, MUCH smaller than Ash is? Perhaps they will use some sort of editing like they did in LOTR?

If they ever (and they won't) made anything like this it would be totally inaccurate... It would be a trilogy of course. They wouldn't be played by actual kids. They would hire 20 year olds to play 15 year olds like always. If they made this kind of movie it would be too appeal to the kids who grew up in the 90s while also drawing in the youth of today. Just like transformers/G.I. Joe/other 80's remakes are remade today to appeal to the kids growing up when those were around and the youngsters of today.

Who can we see to play some characters?

Shia labeouf- Ash
Matthew McConaughey- Brawly
Russell Crowe (A.K.A. I'm a drunken sailor)- Mr. Briney
Clint Eastwood- Pryce
Chuck Norris- Chuck
John Trovolta- Giovanni
Antonio Banderas- Juan
Brad Pitt- Volkner

hahahaha I am being totally sarcastic

Does Dakota Fanning still act?
I hope not.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Miley Cyrus as May? That would make my day (no rhyme intended.)

Lol, just thinking about it gives me goosebumps (the good kind). It would certainly be an interesting cast if they tried going after the bigger actors, but it's something I don't see happening. The script would have to be pretty impressive and I doubt it would unless they had someone like Steven/James involved with the movie (which would never happen). I wonder if people would change their minds if the movie had a good director....

This is pokemon- not vampire-werewolf makeout session.

At this point, I don't see the difference

Nothing wrong with a little imagination. I'm just trying to get involved since the idea of a live-action movie is neat~

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Chuck Norris- Chuck
John Trovolta- Giovanni
Antonio Banderas- Juan

Agreed!

What about:

Jonny Depp for Maxie?
Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee: Bruno?
John C McGinely as maybe Cyrus? I would have seen Heath Ledger playing the part, had he not died (~R.I.P buddy~)

Last edited:

bel9

Agreed!

What about:

Jonny Depp for Maxie?
Jackie Chan/Bruce Lee: Bruno?
John C McGinely as maybe Cyrus? I would have seen Heath Ledger playing the part, had he not died (~R.I.P buddy~)
I always wondered the real name of Percival Cox from Scrubs.

Johnnt Depp would have to be some one extremely bizarre. And it is type casting but we all know he can look like Archie.
Harrison Ford- Professor Oak
Hurley, from Lost- Snorlax
LUCY LIU- Lucy, Pike Queen

someone before listed Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Lt. Surge- awesome

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I want Bill Nighy, the guy who did Davy Jones, to play a large part in POKEMON characters like maybe if they gave Mewtwo a large part...

Yes, out of sheer curiosity.

How long is this theoretical movie supposed to be? I've heard roles from Oak to Cyrus >_>

Robert Pattinson can play zubat. Every zubat.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
No TWIHARDS!

Kirsten Dunst can be Cynthia.

Anyone find it funny if they give Jim Carey the part of James? His laugh would be EPIC! lol jks or maybe Hank Azaria?

Last edited:
I'd rather there be a CGI movie. If it was made into live action though, it wouldn't hurt seeing it.

Profesco

gone gently
This is pokemon- not vampire-werewolf makeout session.

When did Jacob and Edward ever make out? If that happened, the Twilight fandom would be worse than what it is.

Clint Eastwood- Pryce

Antonio Banderas- Juan

Yes! Yes to a large degree! 8D

Oh my gosh, I know choosing actors to play Pokemon characters in this never-to-be movie is unhealthy and unsmart, but it's so addicting.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Someone's sarcasm meter is off. You might want to get that checked as well as that unfortunately placed stick.

I knew he was joking~

Anyway, remember how innacurate DBEvolution was? Master Roshi was suppose to live on an island, here he lived in NY, how off can they be?...

Who can we expect for Paul?

Zorkzedork

You can never underestimate the power of CGI...

By that I mean the thing they used to get Scooby in a movie.

Last edited:

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Who can we expect for Paul?

Josh Hutcherson

Anyone find it funny if they give Jim Carey the part of James?

If Jim Carrey plays James, you can get Tina Fey as Jessie.

bel9

When did Jacob and Edward ever make out? If that happened, the Twilight fandom would be worse than what it is.

They didn't. I'm sorry I just took the opportunity to slam twilight. I'm just so hostile towards it now- especially since "hi I'm a creepy/stalker vampire" robert pattinson is rumored chosen to play Kurt Cobain in a new movie. Part of me died.

Oh my gosh, I know choosing actors to play Pokemon characters in this never-to-be movie is unhealthy and unsmart, but it's so addicting.

I KNOW! So unhealthy- but so addicting O_O

Last edited:

rocky505

Chloe Grace Mortez is someone I could see playing one of the girls for some reason.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers

Haha can't argue with that. *cough* Michael Clarke Duncan as Crasher Wake *cough*. Okay sorry, I had to get that out of my system. I'm done now.