• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would You See A Live-Action Pokemon Movie?

Would you see a live-action Pokemon movie?

• Yes

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 38 50.0%

• Total voters

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
As bad as it would be, hell yes I would see it.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Drunken Squirrel
That's a big "**** no" from me.

Well, they'd really have to molest the plot into something...totally different from the anime. None of this "I'M 10 AND I HAS A POKEMON TO BECOME THE MASTER OF LEGALIZED **** FIGHTING"

Team Rocket would have to be a THREAT. The pokemon would have to be realistic in how they act with each other and with humans. That big ol snake? Yeah, he should be biting people and eating their frozen corpses.

CGI would need to be well done or the whole movie would just be eye-rape.

Honestly, I can't see this working well. At all.

And when was the last video game/anime movie you saw good? The last video game/anime live action movie?

#Gecko#

The Essential One
No, thanks. Some things are just meant to stay as an anime. Dragonball tried it and it was terrible. Besides, it would be hard to make all Pokemon accurate.

Well, they'd really have to molest the plot into something...totally different from the anime. None of this "I'M 10 AND I HAS A POKEMON TO BECOME THE MASTER OF LEGALIZED **** FIGHTING"

All they need to do is stress what they've always stressed. Pokemon battling is a competitive sport that both Pokemon and trainers enjoy. Pokemon battling is like wrestling, only not fake. It's a test of skill, and the bond of trainers and Pokemon.

I'd want the Pokemon to look like they do in PBR, and the trainers to only be cast to actors that actually can appreciate Pokemon and properly portray the role. If they're just doing it because it's their job, the character won't come out right.

EDIT:But no, I kinda don't want a live-action Pokemon movie. Release a Pokemon movie in theaters again. I miss the good old days. The Lucario movie would of done amazing in the US if they had released it in theaters.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I'm too old to go see it. A good movie? Every live-action movie based on an anime/manga has been a flunk (by the Americans). Movies based on video games however sometimes come out good. Pokemon, I doubt it.

Oh, this would be a good April Fool's joke for next year, like what they did with the Legend of Zelda movie.

Last edited:

rocky505

^ that is a ripoff trailer, The LoZ trailer actually looked real, IGN comes up with some good looking trailers.

Penguinist Trainer

If they ever made one, I would definitely go see it. Although I would be going to see it with extremely low expectations, I don't think I could pass up the opportunity if it presented itself.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
But no, I kinda don't want a live-action Pokemon movie. Release a Pokemon movie in theaters again. I miss the good old days. The Lucario movie would of done amazing in the US if they had released it in theaters.

I would definitely see a live-action movie if they made one but I wouldn't care if they didn't make one. It would be extremely tough to pull off. I agree that would be AMAZING if they started putting the anime movies in US theaters again. Sadly the anime isn't as popular in the US as it was in the 90s. I heard that they actually almost put the Darkrai movie in US theaters with a PG rating. Maybe one of these days...

rocky505

^ Make another Mewtwo movie and it'll be back in theaters for sure.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
with out a doubt I would see it but it would probably be bad, but I'd still see it anyways.

BCVM22

The Lucario movie would of done amazing in the US if they had released it in theaters.

^ Make another Mewtwo movie and it'll be back in theaters for sure.

Not in the slightest. If they felt the movies had a chance of producing a reasonably successful theatrical run in an international market, they'd do it. As it stands, it's a far better business model right now to expend the lesser costs of the home media release than it is to release them theatrically, simply because they'd make no money on theatrical releases. Pokémon is still a very, very strong property financially, but that does not mean theatrical releases would be successful. Learn it, know it, love it; they've been coming out on home media only since Movie 6 for a very good reason.

The LoZ trailer actually looked real.

For an April Fool's joke, perhaps. There was plenty that marked it as being nothing more than that.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Drunken Squirrel
All they need to do is stress what they've always stressed. Pokemon battling is a competitive sport that both Pokemon and trainers enjoy. Pokemon battling is like wrestling, only not fake. It's a test of skill, and the bond of trainers and Pokemon.
One person sits on the sidelines and orders around a small animal to fight.

No matter how they spin that, it wouldn't go over well outside of the video game setting in America.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Iy would be hard. If They did. But if it was a good one. but they would have to recraft most pokemon and change them to look more realistic.

Janovy

Banned
Yes. Even though it could turn out a disaster out of a film, I'd still watch it just because it is Pokemon.

Silver_Seoul

Obviously, Arnold Scwarzenneger would play Bruno. Silly monkey.

To answer the question, I would, but I wouldn't have any high expectations of it.

Just get Ashton Kutcher to play Ash, jeez, people. Use your brains. x)