• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would You See A Live-Action Pokemon Movie?

Would you see a live-action Pokemon movie?

• Yes

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 38 50.0%

• Total voters

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
I want Bill Nighy, the guy who did Davy Jones, to play a large part in POKEMON characters like maybe if they gave Mewtwo a large part...

HELL.

****ING.

YES.

lol I love Bill Nighy, he is awesome.

But to answer the thread question, probably not, because I would be afraid that it would blow. Big chunks.

Although saying that I am going to see the live-action Avatar: The Last Airbender film... then again it does actually look kinda good.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Maybe if they did a crossover like "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?". Have the trainers be live and the pokemon be animated.

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
First of all COMPLETELY NEW CHARACTER, that look real not a slightest hint of it looking like the actor is cosplaying. Also if they can get the pokéball effect right along with making the pokemon maybe realistic 3D models but still keeping its anime and game form, just a bit more realistic.

This is rather impossible tough (in our current time)

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I would.

Although, I kinda would prefer if it was made in Japan then dubbed...
I don't know why though.

rocky505

Those kind of movies get on my nerves, If they can make Appa from Last airbender and the lizards from last airbender look freaking real in the movie then I'm sure they could make a Pokemon movie.

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
Those kind of movies get on my nerves, If they can make Appa from Last airbender and the lizards from last airbender look freaking real in the movie then I'm sure they could make a Pokemon movie.

Apparently the dude who does the voice of Appa and Momo in the anime is doing the voices of them in the film. So at least one thing will be true to the anime XD

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
I would watch it.

But the only thing is the Pokemon themselves would have to be digital animation, but wouldn't the actors feel stupid saying "Pikachu use thundershock!" to thin air.

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
I would watch it.

But the only thing is the Pokemon themselves would have to be digital animation, but wouldn't the actors feel stupid saying "Pikachu use thundershock!" to thin air.

I guess there's been more embarassing moments for actors.... like sex scenes....

rocky505

Megan Fox is too hot to play Lyra and a little to old for it aswell. Megan Fox would be one of the female gym leaders (Jasmine or Flannery anyone)

frozenthrone101

BugBite Leader
It won't happen , it shouldn't happen , I really think they should just stick to the hour long animations

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Tom Cruise- Tucker from the battledome

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Megan Fox is too hot to play Lyra and a little to old for it aswell. Megan Fox would be one of the female gym leaders (Jasmine or Flannery anyone)

Well she is a bit older and I doubt she'd even consider doing anything that doesn't involve her being the main attraction. Also, I don't think Gym Leaders would have to be cast since I would think the movie would follow Ash and his main friends fighting off some new force that is threatening the Pokemon World. There's no point in getting older characters to appear especially if they only appeared once or twice in the anime.

Last edited:

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Well she is a bit older and I doubt she'd even consider doing anything that doesn't involve her being the main attraction. Also, I don't think Gym Leaders would have to be cast since I would think the movie would follow Ash and his main friends fighting off some new force that is threatening the Pokemon World. There's no point in getting older characters to appear especially if they only appeared once or twice in the anime.

yeah but it is so fun to point out random actors and think of who they could play. And I totally agree with you- She would only play something if she was the "main attraction," even though she has no acting skills.