• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you still date a girl/guy if they suddenly put on a lot of weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraNight

The sky is the limit
I have been discussing this with friends and the answers were pretty mixed.
So, dear forum members, what are your thoughts? Personally, if anyone I dated put on a lot of weight suddenly, I would think something might be wrong and I would try to talk about it.

Personally no. I would do exercise with them I would say 'Um heyyy let's go exercise! I bought you fifteen pound weights' & I only date guys who are sporty like jocks and all hot x33

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I try not to be superficial when it comes to dating in the first place, and I've never really liked all this antipathy towards the overweight, so I'd like to think I would. I just hope my impulses wouldn't make me start to act less nice due to the lowered attraction. This would be assuming that I actually would stop being attracted to my partner though. Sometimes if you really like someone, you're attracted to them no matter what they look like.

But I certainly wouldn't be straight up about it. I can't do that. I pretty much am incapable of calling anyone fat.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I don't think this question makes much sense. Supposedly if you're still in the dating stages, you won't have put on so much weight that it would be quite noticeable. And if you're not attracted to 'thin-deprived' people, you would just not date them in the first place. HOWEVER, if asking the same thing but relating it to a longer lasting relationship, I would say that I would not be bothered by weight gain. At that point you should like your partner for who they are and not be quite so shallow. Though providing some encouragement to lose weight wouldn't be so bad.

I wouldn't be mean I would just like invite him out to skate or do any sports together But that has never happened to me dating a overweighed guy XP Right now i'm currently dating a french guy XDDD But we always do sports together like sporty couples, ya know? So I check on him since we're in the same swim team. SPORTY = HAPPY HEALTHY LIFE! :) I would just do sports..It's like a natural thing x3333

I'm not trying to be mean or anything! If this sounds all bleh and mean excuse me x33. In short words 'Exercise for a better life' xPp

Doux

I'm attracted to bigger guys in the first place, so weight-gain wouldn't bother me. :)
I would only get concerned if their health was declining because of it.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Considering most of you are social rejects, I doubt you have the luxury to be nitpicky about someone who wants to date you lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.