• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you support Marijuana legalization if it would become like alcohol?

Would you support marijuana legalization if it would become like alcohol

• Yes

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Dude......wait what??

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the people that i know that have smoked it, it has done them no good.

one smoke of MaryJ = getting severely drunk

and encase you didn't know, getting severely drunk = loss of a lot of brain cells.

I see no point in turning it legal. One of my friends was once the smartest kid in school, he was winning spelling bees and math contest; he was extraordinarily smart, until he smoke MaryJ. Now, he is a dumb *** and whenever you try to talk to him seriously, all he does is give a retarded laugh and go "huhuhuh.. what?" I can't stand anyone who does it. But its not just that, it's normal smoking and drinking that i hate too.

Seriously, pot heads, what good reason can you give me that legalization will be good? And "cuz it's awesome dude" isn't an answer.

Please stop being so uneducated, and then come back. It's not a debate though, so just leave?
Your comparison of alcohol and marijuana made me laugh really hard though. You sound so certain of it, it's cute.
If you really knew what you were talking about, you would know that being high off weed is definitely not like being drunk in any way. Especially 'one smoke' of weed is equal to being intoxicated? Whaaaat? Not even being high off your ass is even close to similarity of being drunk. Two TOTALLY different effects and feelings.

People assume weed is horrible because it's a drug that many people use. Learn the facts before you talk.

IT'S NOT A FREAKING DEBATE, STOP ME. actually, YOU STOP. I'm done. :)

O wait I smell debate :O

No. Don't worry, I listen to rules unlike other people! lol.

I just had to comment that post because it was fully wrong, and he obviously felt the need to start something because he's one of those who believe weed is a killer in every way, which is amusing.

Was it really that hard to say 'No.' ?

Mr Chili

In the trade market
No. Don't worry, I listen to rules unlike other people! lol.

I just had to comment that post because it was fully wrong, and he obviously felt the need to start something because he's one of those who believe weed is a killer in every way, which is amusing.

Was it really that hard to say 'No.' ?

Yea they will let anyone in here -_-

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I'd be in support. I used to do it (quit though a month ago), and I can tell you that any rumors that have been heard are completely thrown out of proportion.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Yeaaaaah!!!!

Just make it legal altogether, then I would be sooo happy...

Like for real man

yaaa

Weed does not kill brain cells. There was a test on monkeys a while back, but their loss of brain cells was due to lack of oxygen in the testing area.
Cigarettes do more damage to the lungs than weed does, also your body develops no physical addiction to marijuana.
Alcohol also does more damage to you, and has more drawbacks (hangovers, etc.)

Last edited:
Sorry but I do NOT support this even a simple drug like marijuana will adict people into using more and more drugs trust me I have a neighbor who uses drugs she started off with marijuana and now.....she goes off everywhere looking for drugs....

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Out of all the people that i know that have smoked it, it has done them no good.

one smoke of MaryJ = getting severely drunk

and encase you didn't know, getting severely drunk = loss of a lot of brain cells.

I see no point in turning it legal. One of my friends was once the smartest kid in school, he was winning spelling bees and math contest; he was extraordinarily smart, until he smoke MaryJ. Now, he is a dumb *** and whenever you try to talk to him seriously, all he does is give a retarded laugh and go "huhuhuh.. what?" I can't stand anyone who does it. But its not just that, it's normal smoking and drinking that i hate too.

Seriously, pot heads, what good reason can you give me that legalization will be good? And "cuz it's awesome dude" isn't an answer.

That's because your friend is an idiot. I smoke weed and I was in the top 12% of my high school class and I got a 28 on my ACT. The reason that he probably became a burnout is because he got high all the time and it screwed with his studies.

And I can give 5 reasons why it should be legal.

1. If taxed, sales can improve the economy.
2. We won't need to fill up prisons with people guilty of weed related crimes.
3. It can be used for medicinal purposes.
4. Weed cannot kill you.
5. It would weaken the drug cartels and many gangs.

Also, getting high is nothing like getting drunk. Drunk people have a loss of motor skills and balance, whereas high people are more relaxed. Thinking processes are probably the most similar, and even those are different, as alcohol affects judgment. Trust me, I have been both.

Sorry but I do NOT support this even a simple drug like marijuana will adict people into using more and more drugs trust me I have a neighbor who uses drugs she started off with marijuana and now.....she goes off everywhere looking for drugs....

That's just a myth. Coming from personal experience, I've never wanted to do other drugs just because of weed. I believe that the Gateway Theory is alive is because dealers sometimes introduce other drugs.

Sorry if that seems too much like a debate. I just hate people who say shit like that because those PSAs say so.

Anyways, yes, I would completely support weed being legal :)

Last edited:

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
That's because your friend is an idiot. I smoke weed and I was in the top 12% of my high school class and I got a 28 on my ACT. The reason that he probably became a burnout is because he got high all the time and it screwed with his studies.

And I can give 5 reasons why it should be legal.

1. If taxed, sales can improve the economy.
2. We won't need to fill up prisons with people guilty of weed related crimes.
3. It can be used for medicinal purposes.
4. Weed cannot kill you.
5. It would weaken the drug cartels and many gangs.

Also, getting high is nothing like getting drunk. Drunk people have a loss of motor skills and balance, whereas high people are more relaxed. Thinking processes are probably the most similar, and even those are different, as alcohol affects judgment. Trust me, I have been both.

Sorry if that seems too much like a debate. I just hate people who say shit like that because those PSAs say so.

Anyways, yes, I would completely support weed being legal :)
While we're on the subject, I took the ACT sober and got a 27 and took it high and got a 30.
But, that's as far into declaring my side I'll go :p

dark rift

Yes I would. It has been proven to be less damaging then alcohol and tobacco. It is legal in quite a lot of places (other then Amsterdam) anyway.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
A drug is a drug any way you slice it. And the only good drug is a drug prescribed to you by a doctor. Marijuana HAS in fact been prescribed by doctors to help eye-sight, but other than that I am pretty much against anything you have to smoke or any type of alcohol.

Charmander#4

Dating Rosie Palms?
I don't care. I don't drink, I don't smoke weed, and why the heck would I care whether it's legal or not? Because some kid might get ahold of it? I hate kids. Screw kids. The less there are, the better.

Yes and no. I don't smoke anyway, so i really don't care if it becomes legal or not!
If people want to become high "because it's fun" legally, then go right ahead. But, i don't need to constantly hear about how "it's fun", alright? Thank you.

*Leaves the thread before it gets anymore debate-y*

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
A drug is a drug any way you slice it. And the only good drug is a drug prescribed to you by a doctor. Marijuana HAS in fact been prescribed by doctors to help eye-sight, but other than that I am pretty much against anything you have to smoke or any type of alcohol.

Not really. You can actually overdose from most prescription drugs.

1. If taxed, sales can improve the economy.Not significantly.
2. We won't need to fill up prisons with people guilty of weed related crimes.Agree.
3. It can be used for medicinal purposes.Agree.
4. Weed cannot kill you.I remember reading some time ago that weed has more tar than cigarettes and at some point causes hallucinations, both of which are indirectly deadly. I could be wrong though.
5. It would weaken the drug cartels and many gangs.No, it wouldn't, weed is a minor drug. Drug cartels get their money from strong drugs, assassinations, extortion, prostitution, piracy, among other things.
Replies in bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.