1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Would you use a masterball for a shiny or legendary

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Speed336, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Speed336

Speed336 Member

And no, you can't say none of them or both...

2. xerxes

xerxes ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ

i would only ever use a master ball on a shiny that can end the battle by itself, using moves such as explosion or roar.

3. SuperShaymin128

SuperShaymin128 Ace Trainer

I would use a Master Ball on a Shiny I liked... IF I EVER FOUND ONE!!!

4. moneylesswario

moneylesswario Shudo's Powerhouses

How bout a Shiny Legendary?
    ~marioluigifan05

5. Flamer

Flamer Well-Known Member

Think I used my Masterball in Silver and Emerald on Lugia and Raquaza respectively. In FireRed I SRed for a shiny Mewtwo, so kinda used it on both. Since using it on Palkia in Pearl and then having a shiny Kadabra teleport away from me I've learned my lesson and now save it for a shiny. Not that I've seen one since then...

6. SkyeAce

SkyeAce Member

I have used my masterball on mostly legendaries, only because so far the only wild shiny I have yet to encounter was a level 3 ratata.... sigh.

7. OrcaCity

OrcaCity Expert Killer Whale

I would use a master ball on a legendary that runs away. If the legendary that flees was a shiny then I'd (lose my mind and cry heavily) catch it in a master ball.

If I ever found a shiny Rayquaza......

All bets would be off and all the Master Balls would be thrown; granted I don't drown myself in tears.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  8. coolminun

coolminun Banned

Yeah I would on a legendary. After I prove to myself that I can catch it without it, then it's just soft resetting to get one with great IVs. I have no patience for weakening and catching only to know the thing is garbage. Masterball ftw

9. MetalicSeadra

MetalicSeadra BlackLight-WhiteEvil

There used to be a time when I'd chuck a master ball at a legendary. But now I'll reserve it instead for a shiny, granted I ever come across one...

10. The Musician

The Musician Heracross trainer

I'm fairly certain roaming legendaries don't change at all once they flee, so it would still be shiny if you encountered it again. However, I'd use a Masterball on one of them out of paranoia lol.

I'd use a Masterball on a shiny if it could flee or selfdestruct/explode and also if I felt I might risk causing it to faint before being able to capture it with regular balls.

11. Shayminslicker

Shayminslicker Comes out of Nowhere

Legendary. Sometimes they are way too hard for me to catch.

12. Most of the times I keep Master Balls for unexpected hard Shinies.

13. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Surge Surfer

Only if I have no other options. That's why it's there.

14. Aakash98

Aakash98 Well-Known Member

Well I would always use master balls for roaming legendaries, but besides that I don't use the master ball

15. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Depending on how lazy I am, I'll Master Ball anything.

16. Used the masterball on Kyurem in Black 2 because he was the mascot, otherwise only as a last resort on shinies.

17. Jaguartail

Jaguartail Well-Known Member

I always use it on a legendary

18. Lucario95

Lucario95 Behold The Aura!

Me, I use only in Legendaries, for me they are more hard to catch. I think a shiny only makes you feel excited that makes you to catch it on the 1st attempt.

19. MugoUrth

MugoUrth Bibarel's adorable.

A legendary, definitely. There's plenty of shinies out there. They're rare, but limit-less. And they aren't any harder to catch than normal Pokemon. Legendaries, there is only one of each, and they are REALLY hard to catch.

20. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

same here.