• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you use a masterball for a shiny or legendary

Speed336

And no, you can't say none of them or both...

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
i would only ever use a master ball on a shiny that can end the battle by itself, using moves such as explosion or roar.

SuperShaymin128

Ace Trainer
I would use a Master Ball on a Shiny I liked... IF I EVER FOUND ONE!!!

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
How bout a Shiny Legendary?
~marioluigifan05

Flamer

Think I used my Masterball in Silver and Emerald on Lugia and Raquaza respectively. In FireRed I SRed for a shiny Mewtwo, so kinda used it on both. Since using it on Palkia in Pearl and then having a shiny Kadabra teleport away from me I've learned my lesson and now save it for a shiny. Not that I've seen one since then...

SkyeAce

I have used my masterball on mostly legendaries, only because so far the only wild shiny I have yet to encounter was a level 3 ratata.... sigh.

OrcaCity

Expert Killer Whale
I would use a master ball on a legendary that runs away. If the legendary that flees was a shiny then I'd (lose my mind and cry heavily) catch it in a master ball.

If I ever found a shiny Rayquaza......

All bets would be off and all the Master Balls would be thrown; granted I don't drown myself in tears.

Last edited:

coolminun

Banned
Yeah I would on a legendary. After I prove to myself that I can catch it without it, then it's just soft resetting to get one with great IVs. I have no patience for weakening and catching only to know the thing is garbage. Masterball ftw

MetalicSeadra

BlackLight-WhiteEvil
There used to be a time when I'd chuck a master ball at a legendary. But now I'll reserve it instead for a shiny, granted I ever come across one...

The Musician

Heracross trainer
I would use a master ball on a legendary that runs away. If the legendary that flees was a shiny then I'd (lose my mind and cry heavily) catch it in a master ball.

I'm fairly certain roaming legendaries don't change at all once they flee, so it would still be shiny if you encountered it again. However, I'd use a Masterball on one of them out of paranoia lol.

I'd use a Masterball on a shiny if it could flee or selfdestruct/explode and also if I felt I might risk causing it to faint before being able to capture it with regular balls.

Most of the times I keep Master Balls for unexpected hard Shinies.

Aakash98

Well I would always use master balls for roaming legendaries, but besides that I don't use the master ball

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
Me, I use only in Legendaries, for me they are more hard to catch. I think a shiny only makes you feel excited that makes you to catch it on the 1st attempt.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
A legendary, definitely. There's plenty of shinies out there. They're rare, but limit-less. And they aren't any harder to catch than normal Pokemon. Legendaries, there is only one of each, and they are REALLY hard to catch.