• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you wanna battle with a Pokedex Holder?

Who would you wanna battle?

• Red or Green(boy)

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Blue(girl) or Yellow

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Gold or Silver

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Crystal

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Ruby or Sapphire

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Emerald

• Diamond or Pearl

• Platinum

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • You would take all of them on cos you and your Pokemon are stronger

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • You wouldn't want to cos they are stronger than you are and you don't wanna get beat

• Total voters

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I was reading the manga a while ago and I saw some of the good battle scenes.
So if you could or if you wanted to, would you wanna be in a battle with one of 'em?

if this has to be closed, feel free to do so.

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
Yes. I'd battle Ruby or Sapphire.

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
i'd take on either...:
Blue (to test my skill);)
Sapphire (for fun):D
Platinum (to crush her):mad:
annnd... that's it! :)

Kaika

Haters gonna hate
I wouldn't want to battle with them, I don't think I would be able to think on my feet quick enough o_O...

Though, that aside maybe I would battle with Gold, just for the lulz

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
all o them:

red: cuz hes top dog, and ill pwn him(charizard of mine will)
blue(boy): a non-chalant person that thinks hes the best. destroyed by Empoleons Hydro Cannon
green(girl): jetpack blastoise? i'll knock her right outta the sky with Gallades Psycho Cut!
yellow: shes not really a bad dex holder. the others dont like people interfereing with "Pokedex Holder save-the-world" stuff, but shes open to others. but still, i want to beat the one who beat lance!!!
gold: like the brother i never had. pwned by empoleon
silver: he hits on green(girl), and ill personally slap him with a giant rubber psyduck.
crystal: idk. cuz she got beat by kotone in the "next GSC heroine contest"?
ruby: girly boy needs some adjustments.
sapphire: if she thinks she can battle, empoleon with remidy that.
emerald: ANYone who got 7 symbols in a week is a cheater. he used an action replay! i wont take that!!! nuuu!!!!
diamond: seriously? easy win?
pearl: as with dia.
platinum: empoleon vs empoleon? battle of the ages!!!

and there you all go.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I would like to battle most of them, even if I lost it would be a good way of training.

I would say I would beat Yellow and Crystal. And the only reason I would beat Yellow is if her emotions weren't hightened, which would make it a lot easier. After that, each Holder would be a rough battle.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
I would want to battle them all. ^_^

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
I would battle with:
Red and Green because they are the most experianced and toughest out of the trainers
Gold and Silver because Gold is tactical with his pokemon and silver is a bamf
Ruby and Sapphire because they're just awesome and Ruby's and awesome battle when he battles instead of coordinating

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Uh...Silver hits on Green?
Pearl? Easy win? When he can see the openents attacks?
Dia's great defenses?
All of the Dex holders are top notch trainers...

1: IF!
2: with my attack tactics, pearl will THINK i will come from one direction, but then attack him from another. thats why, if i was a dex holder, professor oak would call me "The Stratagist".
3: defence? look, hes nothing if i use this: Zangoose used toxic! torrterra used razor leaf! zangoose: 150/150 - 63/150. zangoose double teams itself to make torterra not hit it until it faints from poison!.
if you go for poison, and evasify your self(yes, i made that word up), hes help less.

and i consider myself a top-notch trainer, considering i beat pokemon pearl version in 2 weeks my first time though without a guid, cheating devie OR serebii.net. so, yea, i have a chance.

Rex Kamex

I wouldn't care who I'd battle.

Depends on what Pokemon from which game I'd use, though...

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
all o them:

red: cuz hes top dog, and ill pwn him(charizard of mine will)
blue(boy): a non-chalant person that thinks hes the best. destroyed by Empoleons Hydro Cannon
green(girl): jetpack blastoise? i'll knock her right outta the sky with Gallades Psycho Cut!
yellow: shes not really a bad dex holder. the others dont like people interfereing with "Pokedex Holder save-the-world" stuff, but shes open to others. but still, i want to beat the one who beat lance!!!
gold: like the brother i never had. pwned by empoleon
silver: he hits on green(girl), and ill personally slap him with a giant rubber psyduck.
crystal: idk. cuz she got beat by kotone in the "next GSC heroine contest"?
ruby: girly boy needs some adjustments.
sapphire: if she thinks she can battle, empoleon with remidy that.
emerald: ANYone who got 7 symbols in a week is a cheater. he used an action replay! i wont take that!!! nuuu!!!!
diamond: seriously? easy win?
pearl: as with dia.
platinum: empoleon vs empoleon? battle of the ages!!!

and there you all go.
hah. lol on all of the battle situations. :)
I wouldn't be able to beat any of them! Pokedex Owners are some of the greatest trainers alive! (excluding champions etc.) ^^

I would like to battle most of them, even if I lost it would be a good way of training.

I would say I would beat Yellow and Crystal. And the only reason I would beat Yellow is if her emotions weren't hightened, which would make it a lot easier. After that, each Holder would be a rough battle.
i couldn't agree more.

i think it'd be a tough match when her Pokemon hit the level 80's, seeing as i only have one level 80 Pokemon . o_O

Batman Beyond

The Tommorow Knight
Well this all depends. Would be allowed to pull Pokemon from games I've played out to to battle with? Do I still have to own the games or save data? Will they remember and obey me? Can use any game or just certain ones(like the color games)? Will they be restricted to 4 moves or more multiple moves? How will they differ, if at all from the Pokemon from Special's world? Is it a sporty, game style, trainer-commands-Pokemon battle or a trainer-gets-involved, anything goes battle?

Or! Do I have to catch new Pokemon from the Pokespe world? If so, that'll open up whole new problems because I wouldn't stand a chance if I had to start from scratch. The problem is, they're all strategists, they come up with ideas.

So just because everybody else is doing it, let's say I have access to any Pokemon I've ever played with.

Red: Red's the battler. So unless God or Arceus or Hidenori Kusaka or whatever higher power if any is in charge me at the time decides I should win, it'll be a miracle, I'll have won by the skin of my teeth. But If we're going by story details, I would lose because he's the first and strongest main character. In terms of skill, Red's strategies still impress me and I'm not sure I would win, or even force him to think hard. So yes, I would battle Red, screw the outcome of the battle. Though there is a 99.9% chance I'll lose.

Green: Green's the Viridian City Gym Leader, Red can't refuse and Green doesn't really have a choice. Though chances are Green would battle me with his Gym Pokemon unless it was serious. In which case even if I beat that set I wouldn't have taken Green at his fullest. So yes I would battle Green but I don't think I would win against either of his teams, though I stand a better chance against his Gym team.

Blue: If I had pulled Pokemon from my old Blue version, and felt the need to go Blastoise vs Blastoise, I might challenge Blue. But forgeting that her Blastoise is air born and mine probably isn't, the key word being probably, I would be at somewhat of a disadvantage anyway, the real danger to look at, is her Ditto. Though to be honest, after being reunited with your long lost parents and having a lot of other interests, I wouldn't wanna bother her just for a battle. So no, I'd just let Blue go live her life. I might talk to her but her family is more important.

Yellow: Yellow is a pacifist, and her powers, even with a level 93 Gyarados or 100 Mewtwo I still run the risk of losing if(and only "if") she's serious about beating me, and it's an anything goes battle. Healing optional, level altering mandatory but she still has more going for her. But battling my favorite fictional character is the last thing I would wanna do, I'd much rather talk to her and get to know her.

Gold: Gold probably has some strategy desguised as an idiotic mistake ready, but I might win if I stay on my toes and use the right Pokemon. I have no idea what a battle between Gold and me would be like. And for that reason, I wouldn't battle Gold, I'm not so sure I'd even socialize. I mean, I like Gold but I don't know what kind of chemestry we'd have so... I don't know.

Silver: I wouldn't want to bother Silver either, he has more important things to do what with Giovanni being his father and all. If I did battle him though, and I if I did overcome any beserker way of battling he has, his story is like the other characters, the strategy that is incorperated into his battling. So no, I wouldn't challenge Silver, but for Gold and Silver, I'd just have to see how the battle goes.

Crystal: She's a really busy person, so I wouldn't want to bug her ethier(wow I'm really kissing up to these characters aren't I?). But if we did battle I would most likely lose. In my opinion she's the best of the Johto Dex Holders. And if she can ready my Pokemon for a capture, it wouldn't take much to switch out a Poke Ball for a finishing attack. So no, I wouldn't battle Crystal. Nor would I win.

Ruby: This will be a real shocker, I wouldn't neccessarily battle him either. Same reason as Yellow, he doesn't want to battle, and if he did, he'd go into "super serious, take after Norman, ***-kickinator" mode and I'd lose because he would put together both aggression and strategic moves. Ruby's battles are some of the most impressive for me. In his arc he seemed virtually unstoppable. So no I wouldn't challenge Ruby.

Sapphire: ... Okay, FINALLY! Yes, I'd battle Sapphire. She loves battles. And I also stand a chance as long as is doesn't come to her against me in a normal fight(how embarrassing to be nearly killed by a 12 year old girl, lol ^_^).

Emerald: Well he likes to battle too, so I guess I'd challenge him but I don't know how it'd go. I've only read a little af the Emerald arc(I'm still too busy to read the whole thing but I WILL get to it). So I don't know how the battle would go, but he beat the Frontier Brains, so I guess that's that. So I'd battle Emerald, I don't know who'd win, I don't even know what'd happen.

And I haven't even started DP so for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum, I think I'd just leave them alone. Besides I can battle the others off panel. I'd be in and out before anyone even knew I was there, with the DP guys, I'd get in the way of the plot since it's focusing on them right now.

So I'd battle: Red, Green, Sapphire, Emerald and maybe Gold. ^_^

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
red? i stand corrected. ill pwn them all EXCEPT red. that is until i pwn him in HGSS. there all pushovers. we could beat them if we knew how. and i know how.

Batman Beyond

The Tommorow Knight
red? i stand corrected. ill pwn them all EXCEPT red. that is until i pwn him in HGSS. there all pushovers. we could beat them if we knew how. and i know how.

As Yoshimitsu once said "Overconfidence. Is the greatest enemy." ^_^

No, I have no idea what you would be like in a Special style battle so I can't really say. But I wouldn't call them "pushovers".

Last edited:

swampertlover5712

True Love Never Dies
I'd take Red on just to test my skills, and to see where i've got to improve in battling.