• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you wanna be able to drive a car in a Pokémon game?

Would you wanna be able to drive a car in a Pokémon game?

• Total voters

No. 1 Machop Fan

No. I'd rather take public transport.

10th Doctor

Timelord
A car? Maybe. A motorcycle? Definitely. If they decide to go the "colosseum" route again and have an older protagonist, I'd definitely like to see the bike replaced with some sort of motorbike.

Tonguetyd

It wouldn't add anything to the experience, since you can fly anywhere.

ECM

Maybe like in big cities. Or if there are alternate routes for easy transport. But to explore the wilderness and catch Pokémon? Not really. I'd have to see how GameFreak would do it IF they decided to do it to really judge.

Wekkek

No, like the bike, and that's enough I think.

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
I really wouldn't like it. It definitely wouldn't fit in your bag, so you'd have to keep going to where you parked it? And it would completely take the feeling of adventure away (for me) I know that people have road trips and adventures by car and it would be fun irl, but for me it's not what pokemon is about.

I remember the bike in Colosseum and it was pretty cool, but the reason that worked is because there were no routes. If it was a mechanic like Fly that you chose to use to cross routes you'd already explored then fine, but we don't need it as we already have Fly. Using HMs to get places reinforces the connection to our pokemon and makes it more obvious that the trainer needs the pokemon, not just vice versa.

I would like to see it perhaps in a spin off. Like Pokemon Ranger, where that person's job may require a vehicle to transport equipment and to traverse difficult terrain in a short space of time or perhaps to rescue people. You could have buddy pokemon that ride up front with you, that would be cool. Just not for the main Pokemon type games which focus on you as a young trainer.

Ditto B1tch

As long as you control a 10 years boy (or girl), my answer is no. A child driving a car would be a bad example.

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
No. In my opinion getting a car just ruins the fun. I'd rather walk everywhere and explore various of places in the flesh rather than look at them in a car. (Like everyone else probably said already.)

ZoruaBoo

*slaps younger me*
I think that would be super impractical as it's one thing trying to fit a bike in your rucksack... but trying to fit in a car as well is just too much.

I'd prefer a hoverboard over bike as a way of fast traveling and getting away from long grass.

HMSSparky

Team Rocket Trainee
I agree with the people who say that there's really no need for a car. Aside from the fact that the protagonist is way too young, and making them old enough the drive wouldn't be fun either. I guess you could say that the rules of the Pokemon world are different. Being able to drive a car just wouldn't feel the same, I feel like it would take away the personal touch of running around routes, riding a bicycle or rolling around on roller-skates. Maybe a motorised scooter or something? Like a moped or whatever the proper name for them is. It could work like the rideable Pokemon did in X/Y, so it would just be for a small part, on a road kind of like cycling path.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
To be honest I would truly be surprised if GF allowed us to drive a car. While there are cars in the POkemon world now, I think it would ruin the Pokemon theme if we were allowed to drive. It takes away from the connectivity we are supposed to feel with the land (plus, can you imagine driving through the tall grass? not pretty)

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
now that Soaring is confirmed... why do we need car again?

Ashrose

Wandering Trainer
I don't believe I would enjoy driving a car in Pokémon. Personally, I enjoy the thrill of adventuring on foot, as it's more traditional way of venturing into the unknown. I'm not even sure how they would implement that, anyway.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
No,never.It's bad enough that Unova had roads in the desert and in Pinwheel Forest(they shouldn't have been so straightforward).A car will pretty much ruin the adventure aspect of the games.

PokePlush Collector

PKMN Plush Tamer
I hit yes but I should of hit no because if I was to get to a town faster, I'd use fly.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Holy hell no, though I'm still wating for the opportunity to ride an Absol...

Loyal

The Best
No, on foot/bike just sounds like a much more appealing way to get around to me. Plus obviously you'd have to change trainer age.

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
It doesn't really fit the game. I'm fine with flying with the Mega Latis.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Nah, I can drive in real life, and I've often thought about how much more awesome it would be if I could just ride Crobat, or Lapras, or Bliztel somewhere. It does take away from the adventure some in my eyes. Penn and Teller made what was supposed to be the most boring video game ever conceived, you're on a straight road in the desert, driving a bus that drifts to the left, and the goal is to see how long you can stay awake playing this. I don't think it'd be that bad, but the long straight routes needed to make cars practical would kind of kill the meandering adventure mood.