• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you want Ash to bring gible back Or to catch a new isshu pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
gible will come back in the filler arc so who cares by the end of the filler arc we will defiantly have a gabite but i want a garchomp

Seiryu

Resident dragon
Do people really have this much of a hard time wrapping their minds around the "series restart" factor of Best Wishes?

Sad, isn't it, the level of intelligence here?

Anyways, Gible doesn't need to return.
Let's look at it: it had an ongoing plot--one that was referenced in most of the episodes from its introduction to its resolution. The plot, that of mastering Draco Meteor, was resolved. In the process, it had one of the better shows of power in the league, taking down two of Conway's three pokemon and putting up a better fight against Darkrai than most would be capable of. And as ChaosMage said, Gliscor was written off exclusively to bring Gible on to the cast.

Literally the only thing that could be done with Gible at this point (without some never-before-seen Asspull of a plot) would be evolution. And would that even be a good thing? Looking at things here, a pretty big part of Gible's popularity (well, besides the Piplup-seeking failed Meteors) was its stoic and thoroughly oblivious personality. I can't speak for anyone else, but I simply cannot see a Gabite acting in a similar manner--as hilarious as that could be. Garchomp is right out.

There's just no real reason to bring Gible back. It might--might--return for a match between three and four years from now. Depends on whether or not there's an interlude saga this time, and if the writers even feel like having it show up (like how guys like Totodile and Bayleef were expected to show up in the league but were MIA). I am confident in saying, however, that that's all it'll get, and that it'll almost certainly never again be part of the traveling party.

Also, that whole thing about the Isshu dex only containing pokemon native to Isshu. I say bring 'em on.

EDIT: Hold on, wasn't there a thread like this not long ago, wondering if Ash might bring Gible back at some point (possibly in place of a sixth team member in Isshu)? Didn't that get locked?

...Huh.

Last edited:

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
Yeah, I'd like to see Ash brings Gible back and trains it in the filler arc, I think it's probably not gonna evolve but still I think it deserves some more screentime, it's a great Pokemon after all :)

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
dude, he's getting the same treatment as glalie, another pokemon that can be considered a powerhouse, but yet does not get any attention from the writers

so far ash has:

Pikachu (Of course!)
Mijumaru
Pokabu
Mamepato

he will most likely get a tsutarja, and MOST of its three starters MIGHT evolve, that spot left would b for gible

Then why dont you want Glalie to come back? What is up with people and this almighty Gible you speak of? It starred against Conway, be happy it got that, this isn't fairytale land where everyone gets equal treatment, if it was, this Forum would be pinch more peaceful then usual.

Ash will have Pikachu, Mamepato, Mijumaru, Pokabu, Tsutarja and the wild card, maybe 2 but not a previous Pokemon he has...... I'll pay you $1,000,000 in cash if Gible joins the team, and I am talking about joining the team, not just appearing for the blink of a second, like a good amount of episodes on the team.---- Even though it coming back this saga seems dumb to talk about, why can't you guys let the Isshu Pokemon shine?

A perfect example of Pokemon getting bad treatment, actually 2 examples is the Johto League & Sinnoh League. Who shined more in the Johto League? Cyndaquil's only battle was to Jackson, and it got pwned by a Magneton, Bayleef only got 1 battle, which is won though. Phanpy got only 1 battle. In each battle minus the preliminaries, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charizard starred in Johto League matches, not the johto Pokemon.

In Sinnoh, Heracross starred against Nando, Snorlax did in round 2, in Round 3, Gible did against Conway, and Infernape did star against Paul. Buizel, Infernape, Torterra, and Gliscor only got 1 battle in the Sinnoh League, with Torterra not getting any wins.

I don't think we need any non-Isshu Pokemon on the team, or even any reserves, it practically gives the Isshu Pokemon a middle finger for doing that. I think about 90% of the people that read this would agree.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
He'll probably end up catching a new one in Isshu. But in the tornament, he might use Gible. I really don't know but I would like to see it again.

BlueVapor

Why does Gible need to come back? Aipom only came back because they planned on evolving it into Ambipom, which promoted DP. Gible and all of it's evolution's don't promote BW, so I doubt it'll come back. Maybe during the filler saga, not during Isshu.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Sad, isn't it, the level of intelligence here?

Anyways, Gible doesn't need to return.
Let's look at it: it had an ongoing plot--one that was referenced in most of the episodes from its introduction to its resolution. The plot, that of mastering Draco Meteor, was resolved. In the process, it had one of the better shows of power in the league, taking down two of Conway's three pokemon and putting up a better fight against Darkrai than most would be capable of. And as ChaosMage said, Gliscor was written off exclusively to bring Gible on to the cast.

Literally the only thing that could be done with Gible at this point (without some never-before-seen Asspull of a plot) would be evolution. And would that even be a good thing? Looking at things here, a pretty big part of Gible's popularity (well, besides the Piplup-seeking failed Meteors) was its stoic and thoroughly oblivious personality. I can't speak for anyone else, but I simply cannot see a Gabite acting in a similar manner--as hilarious as that could be. Garchomp is right out.

There's just no real reason to bring Gible back. It might--might--return for a match between three and four years from now. Depends on whether or not there's an interlude saga this time, and if the writers even feel like having it show up (like how guys like Totodile and Bayleef were expected to show up in the league but were MIA). I am confident in saying, however, that that's all it'll get, and that it'll almost certainly never again be part of the traveling party.

Also, that whole thing about the Isshu dex only containing pokemon native to Isshu. I say bring 'em on.

EDIT: Hold on, wasn't there a thread like this not long ago, wondering if Ash might bring Gible back at some point (possibly in place of a sixth team member in Isshu)? Didn't that get locked?

...Huh.

Have my babies.

I love how this became a "Gilble HAS to come back" thread to a "How will the Dragon Tournament that hasn't even been hinted or confirmed at play out" thread.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
No, no, no. Catch a brand new Isshu Pokémon. Why would Gible come back? It has no relevance to anything to do with the 5th Generation.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think Gible should return. It wasn't important in the gyms in Sinnoh and I think it can help Ash and maybe to evolve, twice. But I think because it's Isshu, and it's almost a real reboot, we can pretty forget about old pokemon.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Ash would be far better off just catching a new baby dragon pokemon, Like Monozu.

ashds

Law and Order: Unova
I would like him to return but not for good.

An arc that starts with Gible returning and ends with it evoleing and being sent back to oak's would be nice but I can't see it happening.

Last edited:

poizonsting

Pokemon master
I was actually hoping that Ash would bring Gible along with him to Isshu, besides Pikachu of course. But since that didn't happen, now I'm hoping Ash would use it at least in some of the gym battles. I want it to evolve into a Garchomp, because Garchomp kicks some serious ass.

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
I would like to see Gible back but i dont think he'll come back, wish he could though :( Maybe for the league but maybe, maybe not.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
SHOULD they brin it back? yes
WILL they bring it back? no
But they will certainly bring it back in the ishuu league and if possible the arc after it (the 7 sages or w/e they'r called).
And I hope for 1 filler ep aswell

Last edited:

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
That would actually be a good solution, Ash simply trading Gible to Iris. Then we would get to see more of it while allowing Ash to focus on his Isshu pokemon.

Sandstormmaster

Abstract mind
^I respectfully disagree with iris, anyone really, taking gible.

I'm not trying to start anything but a lot of people here seem to have a "scortched earth policy" when it comes to old characters, pokemon and plots. I'm looking foward to the isshu pokemon too but don't throw away everything else.

Anyway back on topic I think it'll be back in the filler arc too. My cousin and bro love the little guy plenty of people do too. Plenty of people want ash to have a garchomp but in the end popularity doesn't seem to effect the writers decision. I also think ash should have an arc where he rotates between his reserves to let pokes like Torterra, muk, totodile, etc. shine but again probably won't happen. I went off topic again huh? Sorry.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Another Battle frontier saga would be the prefect arc to allow Ash to bring back his old pokemon without taking airtime away from his Isshu team.

Status
Not open for further replies.