• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you want Ash to bring gible back Or to catch a new isshu pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderblade12

-Ash dumps his old pokemon off at Oak's lab
- Ash goes 120+ epsiodes just using new pokemon
- Ash uses a random few reserves at the end of a saga

Copy/Paste.

Will Gible be used? Maybe. It has the same chances as any of Ash's other pokemon. IMO Phanphy was only bought back because it didn't really do anything significant in Johto. Gible learned an attack and defeated a trainer at the League at least.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
dude, he's getting the same treatment as glalie, another pokemon that can be considered a powerhouse, but yet does not get any attention from the writers

so far ash has:

Pikachu (Of course!)
Mijumaru
Pokabu
Mamepato

he will most likely get a tsutarja, and MOST of its three starters MIGHT evolve, that spot left would b for gible

What kind of logic is this? he has 5 pokemons and one spot is free so he gets Gible back? what the hell? hahahaha

I want Gible and other pokes to come back in the league/filler region, I have a feeling this league wont have old pokemons even if it should have since Ash would have the surprise factor by using pokemons not found in the region.

So yeah, no I dont want Gible to be part of the main team for a new region obviously, give Ash something new.

jjc0929

guys this is just my opinion, so those of you getting kinda offensive, remember that this is just pokemon, no need to get so serious...

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Ok you go hope for ash to not catch a sixth isshu Pokemon and i'll get a girlfriend, i'll become a millionaire and i'll be known all over the world and we'll both meet back here at half past impossible, m'kay? But seriously he'll probably bring it back for a possible filler arc or for his 8th gym battle but it wont be back on his main team.

RickHoenn

Banned
I hope Gible returns in the league and evolves much like Cyndaquil's fashion. :'( (or in a filler arc at least!)

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I reckon it will have a good filler arc, which is very likely considering Isshu is going by pretty fast.

Fa7e

i think im one of the very few people that doesnt want ash's gible to evolve :/ mainly because its personality would probablly change entirely and i love gible, might be also because i think gabite looks incredibly gay, i like gible as the evil tiny shark ball thing that likes to bite stuff, cant have a gabite going around doing that they'd have to shoot the thing.....

i dont think it will come back but it would be pretty cool

Aurath8

Gible may come back after or during the league. He got the spotlight in Sinnoh while Monfeno took a little sreen hog vacation and did well in the league. Coming back in Isshu defies the reboot of the series vibe and steals the limelight isshu pokemon deserve. In the filler arc I expect he'll come back for a few matches but he won't evolve. Mijumaru will end up being eaten if that happens, not to mention Gible lsing it's popular personality.

gliscor&yanmega

i dont know about you guys, but i feel that gible still has a lot of love to get, he just mastered his draco meteor, has dragon pulse, rock smash and dig, if it even evolves into a gabite it would be a strong force.

now imagine as a garchomp ....;444;

I like Gible and all but I want to see 5th gen Pokemon with Ash(Until the league that is). Once Ash gets to the league I'm all for him using his other Pokemon(Gible being one of them). Although they may not have Ash use his other Pokemon in the league and may just have them appear in another way, maybe Ash battles the Sinnoh/Johto Frontiers, the writers couldn't do it before but they could do it now.

bigpop618

Dragon Trainer
I was hoping he took Gible with him. He didn't. Let him advertise the isshu pokemon.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
guys this is just my opinion, so those of you getting kinda offensive, remember that this is just pokemon, no need to get so serious...

Then you guys need to stop saying this is going to happen...instead of in my opinion this could be good, or any other thing were you actually state that.

Refuting your opinions whith logic is not offending.

jjc0929

Then you guys need to stop saying this is going to happen...instead of in my opinion this could be good, or any other thing were you actually state that.

Refuting your opinions whith logic is not offending.

dude i never stated it "IS" actually going to happen, i said that i "WISH" it could happen

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Isshu dragon pokemon for the Win!

SO many good Isshu dragon pokemon for the anime-storyline team could give him, and preferably early so it could evolve.

The problem with Gible was he caught it sooooo late, so not much time to grow with him, since Ash only drags Pikachu along from region to region.

Dark M

Heartless Trainer
I'd rather Totodile finally evolve.

Whats the point,it wont change the fact that its weak regardless.Ash should have let his Totodile get poisoned and after that make it suffer for eternity,oh i would pay to see that :)

Btw To anwser the topic why would he bring gible back? It had good battles in the league and even though it did nothing against Darkrai except for a puny rock smash,Sceptile managed to pick up the slack and KO Darkrai lol.I want the Hoenn team to come back and Gliscor.Hmm maybe even the Kanto trio btw thats for another time haha.

Last edited:

Trainer_Kay

Let's try to get back on topic here.

Would I want Ash to bring Gible back?
No, like it has been stated aleady, it had plenty of screen-time and had Gliscor written off to make room for it. There is no reason to bring it back, with the exception of a random loop-hole or plot device the writers can think of.

Now I wouldn't mind it showing up for the Isshu league or some sort of filler saga, by then most Isshu pokemon will have had some screen-time. However, it will most likely take on a Cyndaquil-Quilava role.

In other words... he should catch a new Isshu pokemon.

I still have this idea of Gible ending up with Iris lol would be kindda cool.
^^This could work. But it is not going to happen. (i'm prepared to eat my words if it does though) There are FAR too many dragon types in Isshu for her to have....unless...Cynthia has something to do with a possible return for Gible.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Two words:

RE. BOOT.

Learn it. Live it. Love it.
I understand your point but I'm fairly sick of the "it's a reboot" responce. At no point did the anime imply it was any more of a "reboot" than Hoenn or Sinnoh were. Old Pokemon are still likely to appear either in the league or a filler arc after the league.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
^^This could work. But it is not going to happen. (i'm prepared to eat my words if it does though) There are FAR too many dragon types in Isshu for her to have....unless...Cynthia has something to do with a possible return for Gible.

I don't see the problem with it, she could end up raising him and it'd give her a nice reason to make cameos aftert he Isshu saga is done and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.