• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you want to see Promotional Animated Game Trailers make a return?

Do you want to see the promotional animated game trailers make a return for future generations?

• Yes

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So one of the best things about BW2 was it's awesome marketing, specifically it's promotional animated trailer. If you looked at the BW2 promotional trailer, you can tell that a lot of work and care was put into the trailer, from the stunning action animation to the lore and world-building around them. Heck, much of the stunning action and world-building reminds me of the Pokemon Adventure comics and it seems I'm not the only one according to various YouTube comments. XY and Sun and Moon never got the animated trailer treatment, putting an end to the hopes of seeing a glimpse of Calem or Elio and Selene in animated form, unless you count Ash as Calem. However we did get an animated trailer of ORAS, although it featured more heavily of the mega evolution than the actual world and story of Hoenn. This is a neat little feature I hope they bring back for all future titles, starting with Generation 8, some day as it's a cool way of introducing that game's world and story ahead of time before the game actually releases.

pokemon_01-400x225.jpg

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Absolutely! I loved the Black 2/White 2 animated trailer. I would love something similar for eight gen.

buskalilly

I'm always up for big, cinematic/ animated trailers for games I'm excited about. I remember seeing Dark Souls II and Titanfall 2 trailers in the cinema and it was AMAZING. Imagine seeing a lovingly animated Pokemon trailer while you're hyped for the game . . .

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Very much yes. They were a good source of hype and were fun to watch. I remember the reaction to the B2W2 one in particular - everyone was talking about it and making gifs from the scenes and all. While generally advertising has been good for the Alolan games, I do miss them not having such a trailer.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Definitely yes! I really loved the ORAS animated trailer even though it ended up being an ORAS Mega showcase. I also liked the B2W2 animated trailer and that was also really good. So it'll be really good if they were back once and for all.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I'd say yes because I enjoyed both of the animated trailers for B2W2 and ORAS. I enjoyed the B2W2 trailer more because it shows a variety of scenes focused on the story and battles. The trailer for ORAS is alright in the beginning but I lose interest with all the mega evolutions.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Yes, because I loved the two trailers for B2/W2 and OR/AS, even though the latter should have included the confrontations against Team Magma/Aqua.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I see no reason to say no. So yes, yes yes please.

Heck let's take things a step further and have a short anime style intro for every new Pokemon as they are revealed (comboed with in game footage).