• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you want to see Silver have an important role in the Pokemon anime?

Would you want to see Silver have an important role in the anime?

• Yes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
GameFreak_Silver.png

Paul_concept_art_3.png

Both own Honchkrow,Weavile,and Ursaring

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Yeah, there's really no reason to bring in Silver when Paul exists.

Unless they ever do want to explore Giovanni's lineage. Then maybe Silver would be cool, but even then you could just retcon Paul and Reggie as sons of Giovanni (if they aren't already Brandon's or whomever's).

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Both own Honchkrow,Weavile,and Ursaring

Why are you using the game Silver art when he never uses any of those at any point in the games.

Keep your continuities consistent.

Yeah, there's really no reason to bring in Silver when Paul exists.

Unless they ever do want to explore Giovanni's lineage. Then maybe Silver would be cool, but even then you could just retcon Paul and Reggie as sons of Giovanni (if they aren't already Brandon's or whomever's).

I feel it's far too late to start exploring Giovanni as a character.

They've had plenty of opportunities to do so.

MattySadler

If you'd asked me this when they were travelling through Johto I'd have said hell yeah. Now I don't see the point.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Pokemon special

Special is the manga not the anime.

I feel it's far too late to start exploring Giovanni as a character.

They've had plenty of opportunities to do so.

Before Gen V, if you had ever asked me whether it was possible for Giovanni to ever travel out of Kanto to the current region and battle Ash, I'd have said no.

Same goes with before Gen VII if you had asked me whether a past connection between Giovanni and a current gen game character would be explored (Nanu).

I feel like just because they haven't done it so far doesn't mean they can't surprise us and add a bit more depth to Giovanni whenever they randomly want to, as they have now done 2 of the last 3 gens.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
No no i mean Pokemon tv special as we know as Pokemon Chronicles.

Redstar45

I think that Giovanni will be saved for Ash's final battle, with him finally disbanding Team Rocket.
And him become Red the Pokemon master and started head to sliver city for the mt.sliver and i wanted Blue show up as well .

Redstar45

Oh god no I don't what to deal with the biggest edgelord in pokemon.
So......he should be edgelord otherwise that not sliver at all

Redstar45

I do wanted Sliver and he should stay fathful to the classic gsc and hgss game counterpart than Pokemon special manga

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I do wanted Sliver and he should stay fathful to the classic gsc and hgss game counterpart than Pokemon special manga
The game counterpart isn't well characterized -- just like most game characters -- most of the characteristics we believe he has are fan-created based on in-game information.

Redstar45

Ehh i think great writers would be interested in try do sliver justice in the Pokemon anime if anime was staying faithful to source material Ash become red in kanto arc and do three years skip to bring Kenta /gold into gen 2 arc and meet sliver

Peter Harrison

I don't think he needs to be added in. It could be cool to see him, but I don't think he needs to be added

SinnohEevee

Looks too late unless we get an LG Johto.
Also, I wonder how they would handle his relatonshipwith Giovanni. TR was never disbanded in the anime.

Redstar45

Unless it is take place in future when Ash as former champion of the poke-japan like
Red in the Pokemon games .......i said that is ultimately not going to be happened anytime soon .