• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wouldn't it be great...

XxSaintx

If Nintendo made a brand new pokemon game for the ds were it has all the regions Kanto,Jhoto ect.Had all the pokemon in this game no going to the events
but alas Nintendo wouldnt make as much money this way.Any way what do you think?

Gengar Fan

It would be pretty neat, but realisticly it probably won't happen. But hey, you can always dream. =)

Fire Suicune

We've had about 2000 threads on this...or close to it.

It sounds like a neat idea at first, but when you think about it, it's actually not a good idea. Like you said, they wouldn't make money, and if the game(s) had all the Pokes in it, where's the fun in trading and collecting them all?

-F.S. out

spongeaud

Shikamaru Fan!
Yeah it does sound like an awesome idea and I wish they would do it. It would have some much play time hours. Its not a bad idea.

It would be a good idea. But all the data wouldn't fit on the cardridge.
I would like it.

hevver

Heart of Darkness
Or make numerous games that feature different regions
after Elite Four.

Examples:
New Region + Sinnoh
New Region + Hoenn
New Region + Johto
New Region + Kanto

That's 4 games but at least
you can travel to a different place eh?
And it might fit in the cartridge.

gtab x3

this would be a great game and they will most likely make a new region with it.

rekreatur

Wouldnt it be great if people wouldnt make 64785653 threads about the same thing?

I think it would be great if GameFreak would do this, but sadly it wont happen. It wouldnt fit in the cardridge...

grapefruit

Blaaaargh...
Yes. That is great. Real great. One problem: Not enough memory.

Pit1Freedom

Johto Trainer
If Nintendo made a brand new pokemon game for the ds were it has all the regions Kanto,Jhoto ect.Had all the pokemon in this game no going to the events
but alas Nintendo wouldnt make as much money this way.Any way what do you think?

That game.... would suck.

What's the point of having all the Regions? I hate Hoenn :p And besides, I don't want to have to go through Hoenn and Kanto all over again just to beat a game. That would take like 30 or more hours >_> Maybe if there were 2 NEW Regions or a new region + Johto, but besides that, no. Hell no.

And having all the pokemon in one game? that completely ruins the fun of a pokemon game. I always liked collecting all the pokemon and working really hard for them, collecting the different versions to get them all, buying the Colosseum games and beating them to get Lugia & Ho-oh, ranger for Manaphy, etc. All that work would go to waste in one purchase.

Some people might thing it would be a good idea, but I for one am overjoyed a terrible game like that will NEVER reach the shelves.

*Rain*

Scrafty Enthusiast
Meh..

I don't think it's a good idea. What fun or challenge would there be? You just walk around catching all the pokemon. :/

And it would pretty much eliminate the GTS and other trading. o.o

Rageman

That's real neato
Er. There's enough memory. There's always enough memory.

But aside from that, there's a major design issue: balancing. Either your going to complete each region in steps of level 20, restart each time you go to a new region, or create a new battle system.

Simple.
Make it like G/S/C, and make the levels in new region really high.

Imperator_Venit

Although it would be cool, let's be realistic.

Why would Nintendo pack all of the regions into one game, instead of making several games which would multiply their overall profit? It would be awesome...but I won't happen.

LegendKeeper

Pokemon Mistress
after Elite Four.

Examples:
New Region + Sinnoh
New Region + Hoenn
New Region + Johto
New Region + Kanto

just like they did for Crystal Silver and Gold. Except we would have the full regions not one region and a horribly cut up one. I would love for them to make one with all the regions on it though. All those contests and gyms, it would be pretty cool

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Although it would be cool, let's be realistic.

Why would Nintendo pack all of the regions into one game, instead of making several games which would multiply their overall profit? It would be awesome...but I won't happen.

Hit the nail on the head.

It all comes down to what would make Nintendo the most profit; one game or many games? Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

muumajii23

after Elite Four.

Examples:
New Region + Sinnoh
New Region + Hoenn
New Region + Johto
New Region + Kanto

Damn, probably the best idea for the remake ideas.

hobby

Probably the only way to make this work would be to set it out like the anime, you play through a region then leave all your pokeon behind and start again (as suggested above), but i would like a version of the game with ALL legendaries in it, because in Australia we never get events and when we do they are useless (ie our only event was a manaphy event)

crazyW01f816

Tyranitar Master
This is absolute genius, I've always wanted this to become a reality, unfortunately, it will never happen. =(