• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wouldn't Sevii Islands have worked better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonFan13

Wouldn't the Sevii islands have been a better move to make? I hear people bashing this arc for it being filler but if it was Sevii islands they could balance filler with the key parts of the each island. Wouldn't Sevii have been a better move? We know it is based in/around Kanto and that is where ash is going after all.

Vernikova

Champion
The Sevii Islands would be filler anyway. The only difference being that one appears in the games and I assume the other doesn't since that's where this seems to be going.

It isn't the location that makes it filler; it's the events that occur while they're there. If they wanted to, they could just make important events happen in the new place to lessen that filler feel.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
The underlying problem is the writing, not the location.

Some really poor decisions are being made and I don't think a location change will fix them.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Not really, I like to think the Orange Islands were the Sevii Islands in someway, even if it wasn't or at least inspiration for Sevii Islands since both are located below Kanto in the anime map and FR/LG game map.

And if Kanto is like a part of Japan and Unova is like a part of America, then the Decolore Islands are more so in a line bridge like the Hawaiian Islands or something similar?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
The Sevii Islands would have worked better because there would have been more opportunity for an actual plot. Team Rocket's role in the islands in FRLG could have been adapted; maybe the Executives could have shown up as well.

It certainly would have been more interesting to watch than the Decolore Islands are.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It would have been nice if they got an appearance.

BlueVapor

I guess it would be cool, but ultimately, as someone else kinda said, the location where the group is traveling isn't a problem so long as the writing is good.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
No! No more filler about islands. The Sevil islands would have worked better than the IS but it wasn't done yet so.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I doubt it, I mean the episodes would be fillers anyways, so I don't think the location of the filler series would make much difference here.

Status
Not open for further replies.