• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wow. Are you friggin' kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckie

The Humanoid
Seems like over half the people, maybe more, here on the serebii.net forums hack or knowingly use hacked pokemon.

Are you friggin' kidding me?

How many of you actually honestly capture your own, legit pokemon? How many of you breed for a desired nature? How many of you egg move breed?

How many of you don't friggin' cheat?

Because I for one, have taken the honor of playing the game and working at it the way it's meant to be.

U DIE TONIGHT

don't be afraid
I don't cheat, and i don't know where to get an fraction preplay. And i don't want one. So yeah i do it the honest way. Bloody boring though.

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
I'm going to be honest. I use to use Gameshark way back in first gen. when I was younger however I stopped due to not feeling like I earned any effort. However I can tell what's hacked whenever I get something off GTS and just release whatever it is. Usually my friends have me check what they get online before deciding to use that certain Pokemon.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
My last hacking device was during the 16-bit days for my Sega Genesis. Yeah, I don't hack. I might have hacked Pokémon in my Diamond version that I got off the GTS; I might not. I don't know, but I only use Pokémon I've bred myself, which means they're legit.

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
Well, people do use hacking devices out of desperation due to how hard events are to get to. Judging by how many people on GTS who are asking for Darkrai, Mew, Arceus, etc. it's serious. I thought my mother wanted to beat me senseless when I asked to go all the way to NY just for an event Pokemon during when G/S/C were the newest games. However, I'm proud to use 100% legit Pokemon on wi-fi.

I don't hack and don't use hacked pokemon at all. Everything I do is 100% legit (I do clone, but that isn't hacking and I clone rarely).

Seems like over half the people, maybe more, here on the serebii.net forums hack or knowingly use hacked pokemon.

Have you been looking in sigs for chain-mail on statistical information? If so, I doubt that 70% of us hack. If not, never mind.

Duckie

The Humanoid
O, no.
I don't really believe in those statistics since they aren't from core sources.
I only made an estimate from what I've been reading from actual posts.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
My total play time in the Adv.Gen is over 3000 hours. I drove from California to Seattle for PRA to get a legit Deoxys. That should answer your question. For me anyway.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I thought hacked pokemon were banned on wi-fi. The only hackers I've noticed so far is people who have pokemon you can't catch in the wild (i.e. the starters, fossils, etc.) are in Master balls.

arjunman

Pokemon Master
I play the game fair and square

Blatsman

I wonder if I stay ?

Are you friggin' kidding me?

How many of you actually honestly capture your own, legit pokemon? How many of you breed for a desired nature? How many of you egg move breed?

How many of you don't friggin' cheat?

Because I for one, have taken the honor of playing the game and working at it the way it's meant to be.

Damm you! l am not going to spend hours for the perfect Pokemon! l got to admit, aLmost all my Pokemon are legit, but when l get a hacked Pokemon with correct stats and ability and moves it is just a normal Pokemon and l don't care how l the OT got it.
**** this, my life is gonna get busy soon so l won't have much time to waste on IV breeding and all would l won't do it anyway.
Besides, Pokemon is about strategy, and even when you cheat if you use normal Pokemon with normal stats abilitys moves etc. Then you will need to think as much and be as good as a non cheater. Because the breeding is the easy but boring part, and the thinking and team making is the hard and fun part.

samuelrz

Lucario fan
I use GameShark to learn legit moves to my not-hacked Pokémon on Emerald, then I import them to Diamond. GS is perfect to buy vitamins for free!
Anyway, everything is legit. I just "speed up" their growing!

Blatsman

I wonder if I stay ?
I use GameShark to learn legit moves to my not-hacked Pokémon on Emerald, then I import them to Diamond. GS is perfect to buy vitamins for free!
Anyway, everything is legit. I just "speed up" their growing!

That is what l mean! What is wrong with this? The hard part about pokemon is strategy, and no matter how hard you cheat, as long as you use legit moves and pokemon and so on you will have to be as smart as every non-cheater and no matter how much you hack, your cheating device will never think for a good strategy for you!

So a cheater with legit Pokemon needs to be as smart as a non-cheater with legit Pokemon! The only difference is that the non-cheater needs alot of time while the cheater can just skip the boring breeding and training part that even a 6 year old can easely do!

Rakurai

People who don't feel like training or breeding Pokemon should save themselves even more time and go download Netbattle.

In Emerald, I used Ar to get Pokemon at Lv. 50 with Infinite Rare Candies. I realized they were weak, so then I started to do actual EV training. I do admit I still clone, but only in Emerald.

Starship Captain
I use my AR for getting event Pokemon i'll never be able to get. I don't think im doing anything wrong, since i never use 'em and leave 'em in the box anyway.

What i don't like is how people hack their games to get perfect Pokes and use them in competitive gameplay. My friend Omar has an all legendary team with all 999 stats, thats just wrong.

But cheating devices present an alternative to those people (like me) who will never be able to go to events. So if used to do minor things like what i do, i don't see it as "bad".

You want a Ho-Oh on your Pearl Version? Go for it, use the cheating device. You wanna give it perfect everything? Then just use it for in-game play.

Status
Not open for further replies.