• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wow. Are you friggin' kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinkelley41

Pokemon Battler
i completed my whole dex without cheating at al i asked people from the forums to get most pokemon and it took a long time but i never cheated and all my teams of pokemon are legit i bred them all got all the tms's and ev trained every single one of them...and it takes like a week at most to make a whole new team of 6 pokemon

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
It takes you a week. But me it takes me 4 weeks to get the right egg-poke then another week to EV train. That 5 weeks out of my life when i can do that in 1 hour. And i completed my dex w/o hacks too. The way i hack, it doesn't give u entries.

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
i never hack it takes fun away from the games (i did hack my silver for fun once with a game shark like 100 celibis 999stat catapies but that dos not count cause i dont battle with them or trade but when i play gold silver games i play cristly so i still have hacked silver) sorry about spelling mental blank

SimChao

The Furret Fanatic
It takes you a week. But me it takes me 4 weeks to get the right egg-poke then another week to EV train. That 5 weeks out of my life when i can do that in 1 hour.

That's just because you suck at it. It does not take 4 weeks to get a good egg Pokemon (lol) if you have the right resources. And 1 week to EV train? The longest it has ever taken me is a couple of hours. I have no problem with people who hack legal movesets, IVs, and EV spreads, but you are obviously either making baseless claims about something that you have never tried or you are exaggerating things to your advantage. Both of them make you look like a jackass.

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
That's just because you suck at it. It does not take 4 weeks to get a good egg Pokemon (lol) if you have the right resources. And 1 week to EV train? The longest it has ever taken me is a couple of hours. I have no problem with people who hack legal movesets, IVs, and EV spreads, but you are obviously either making baseless claims about something that you have never tried or you are exaggerating things to your advantage. Both of them make you look like a jackass.
Maybe, Im odler than you and have a lot of Homework and tests every day? Maybe its because its just a game and I dont want to spend even an hour on it breeding? And just because you and another person can train and breed in a few hours doesn't mean everyone else can too. Im not making "baseless claims" because I started out breeding and it was taking forever. Im not "exaggerating" because, well it does take me a while. So either way, Im NOT a jackass.

@ Blazios: I laugh at you for caring so much. Its a freaking game.

Blazios

If you laugh at me for liking the game, then is it not a bit hypocritical of you to be posting on an internet forum about it? I'm just saying that it can be done quickly and that it doesn't take over a month to train one Pokémon.

pearlrocket86

Middle Trainer
I used a gameshark only once when the Blue verson came out. I didn't realize that Ekans wasn't in the game and I didn't have any one to trade so I used a gameshark to capture an Ekans in Viridan Forest at level 3 or 4 and raised it until it evolved into Arbok at level 24 in Celadon City, is that still considered cheating?

I just wish Nintendo would make some of the common and uncommon (not the rares) Pokemon, that aren't available until the end of the game, catchable at the beginning but only have them available at certain times to make the hunt more fun. That way it gives you more of a variety to hunt for. Like in D/P Oddish could come out during early mornings on Tuesdays (only) around the water or Chinchou can appear in the ocean areas late at night on Saturdays, things like that instead of always making it limited. Or maybe have certain types appear at certain times or days, like bug Pokemon come out 7-9 a.m. on Wednesday mornings. I've played all the PKMN RPG's and I have never gotten a rare Pokemon yet, I did beat the games though, and I've never had any intention to cheat for a rare one either, except for that Ekans.

TeraDyne

Pocket Monsters Fan
I only cheat if I need something in the item department, like TMs and stones. I used to create my own Pokemon, but not any more. I catch\breed and raise them by hand, and I find it to be much more fun than hacking.

Pokéfan_Shane

Back into the mix!
I've used an Action Replay before:
  • To hack Dittos for breeding a female with the proper nature, to start breeding for moves. So, I probably end up hatching 40+ eggs for my Pokémon.
  • To get max Full Restores, Max Revives, and Dusk/Quick Balls.
  • For TMs, since I change my mind on moves a lot.

I won't lie...I've used my buddy's AR for these things.

Gibdo

I'll be completely honest and say that I use my AR to speed up the EV training process and getting a preferred Egg. I really don't have the time to hatch a billion eggs legitimately and the same goes for EV training. I want to keep playing the game, so I have to fit it into my time frame. However, I don't use it to hack Pokemon, complete the Pokedex or anything like that. Although, if I have to resort to it to get Deoxys, Arceus etc. then I will (I just won't use them).

SimChao

The Furret Fanatic
Maybe, Im odler than you and have a lot of Homework and tests every day? Maybe its because its just a game and I dont want to spend even an hour on it breeding? And just because you and another person can train and breed in a few hours doesn't mean everyone else can too. Im not making "baseless claims" because I started out breeding and it was taking forever. Im not "exaggerating" because, well it does take me a while. So either way, Im NOT a jackass.

If I remember correctly, you were just complaining about people who demean hackers. So your way of arguing against the people who don't hack is to turn the tables and demean them by saying that you are too good to breed the normal way, and that people who don't hack should be ashamed? Putting down the ways of others to prop yourself up... Kind of sounds exactly like what you were whining about a few pages back. What kind of moronic hypocrite are you?

I'd be shocked if you were older than me, because you have not displayed the amount of intelligence and class that someone who is older than me should have.

Last edited:

Xweek

Diligent Shipper
If the main reason people hack is to cut EV/IV/Whatever other stupid Vs there are training, then I'm not classed as one.
I don't give a damn whether my pokemon have the best stats, natures e.t.c, I care that they are the pokemon I WANT to be battling with, not pokemon forced on me by limitations. If I desire a pokemon, I get the AR to put the pokemon in the game at level 1 at their first form and then raise it normally. For me, the excitement and satisfaction of Pokemon does not lie in the catching or the preparing for battle, it lies in the thought of raising a creature to call your own and watching it grow into a healthy, happy adult. Aside from being caught differently, they are as normal as any other pokemon.

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
If I remember correctly, you were just complaining about people who demean hackers. So your way of arguing against the people who don't hack is to turn the tables and demean them by saying that you are too good to breed the normal way, and that people who don't hack should be ashamed? Putting down the ways of others to prop yourself up... Kind of sounds exactly like what you were whining about a few pages back. What kind of moronic hypocrite are you?

I'd be shocked if you were older than me, because you have not displayed the amount of intelligence and class that someone who is older than me should have.
I wasn't complaining. I was stateing that some people hack legally and not everyone should be yelled at for hacking. People should get their facts straight before accusing someone of having a super illigit Pokemon. I'm not demeaning anyone. I didn't say anything about me being better than non-hackers. As a matter of fact, the only difference is the speed of which Pokemon are bred. I said that since this is a game, you should not be spending a lot of time on it. Now, I have to admit, I spend long hours playing video games, but I don't spend hours on one game, I jup around the games. I go from Pokemon to Assassin's Creed then to Mario then to other stuff. And in no way am I putting down others? And prop myself up? Man, my best Pokemon is 100% legit. It 2HKOed a Salamence. It was a freaking Ninetails. So by saying I hack is in no way propping me up. But by stateing my Pokemon that aren't hacked is definatly. But I didn't say that until you brought up that idea.

SimChao

The Furret Fanatic
Perhaps you misunderstood. When I said that you were implying that you were better, I did not mean better at Pokemon. Were you not the one who said:

I laugh at you for caring so much. Its a freaking game.

I have a life

As opposed to people who breed normally, who apparently, according to you, don't have lives? That is condescending language if I've ever seen it. And if you're still convinced that you aren't being hypocritical, consider this: You're essentially telling people not to demean you for hacking whilst demeaning them for not hacking. Or do those quotes lie?

And to add insult to the injury, you just told everyone that you already spend long hours playing different video games. Sorry to break it to you, but spending multiple hours playing several different video games is no more honorable or constructive than spending the same amount of time playing just one.

Last edited:

Blue Houndoom

Fire-type Lover
There are some Pokemon that I will never be able to get, like Darkrai and Mew. So, if I had a cheating device, I would use it to get those Pokemon, but nothing more. I think.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
This thread has turned into a chatroom/light flame war. It is no longer needed.

*Closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.