• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

wow... huge AI downgrade in pmd2.

wammy

at least on the good side it is. this is why i cant stand the "you and your partner only" plot missions. the AI that controls your partner is STUPID!! always, my partner turtwig gets himself killed by attacking protected foes or trying to take on a monster house head on, before i can even tell him not too.

also, the accuracy in this game is stupid low, i only hit like, 60% of my moves...

...and another thing, discharge should be banned. it hits 3 squares in every direction, and cpus spam it always. it doesnt help that im piplup...

Last edited:

NinjaBaker

HAHAHA and i thought i was the only one with a stupid turtwig partner! LOL

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
My Machoke teammate is kind of stupid, too. Sometimes, I literally scream, "Just attack the stupid *Insert POkemon here* MuscleLady!"

But my Gastrodon (Squishie) isn't stupid. Pretty odd, really. >_>

Try feeding them Gummies.

mewfanforlife

I've haven't had very good luck with accuracy and my partner Piplup is almost always just stupid. I've had Flaffy and Tangela make good moves on their own though.

Riversong

Buggy down.
I hate my Turtwig partner! I don't know how many times I had to face Dark Dialga (aka Primal) because he kept on fainting! Yeah and being a Squritle, discharge annoys me too. And your right about accuracy, my moves lose PP faster because of that.

iluvwobbuffet

WOBBBUFFFFFET!!! XD
Wow. =o_O=

Accuracy isn't a problem for me until after I get hit with Mud Slap, Sand Attack, etc. And even then, I don't have much issues with it.

My partner(Charmander) isn't stupid either.

The Pokemon in dungeons aren't so bad. Some put up a fight, others are special.

It must be that good ol' luck factor, lmao.

=^_~=

Last edited:

Akerin

Ready for a vacation
I've actually had more luck with AI in this game than I did with the old ones.
My partner doesn't follow me over traps anymore.. well, they do if I lead them directly over traps, but for once I can actually walk at an angle and my partner wont be all "Oh! You moved over here, so I'm gonna step on this Explosion trap that has already taken away more than half our HP!" ...but only if I walk at an angle. Still, that part is better than it was in the last game.

When I get sick of my partner being less than intelligent with enemies, I just "forbid" it from using certain moves that it wont stop using otherwise, such as mud sport, by unselecting them.

Rakurai

It bugs me that when teammates use linked moves, they only take into account the proper positioning for the first move in the chain.

Meaning if you put something like a Swords Dance+Razor Leaf combo on them, they'll just use it while they're standing behind you, and damage you in the process.

Last edited:

shiny meta

dischharge is horrible i agree but at least im turwig *but of course i have piplup as a partner* i hate the rule where if your partner dies u do to

Lickilicky

Lickilicky Trainer
my partner, hitler(chikorita) is very stupid...
like, some nidorina poisoned her, and immediatly after reciving the 2 damage, she used synthesis.... i had to disable it; then, she growled at every sleeping pokemon... i had to replace growl with mega drain(TM)...
oddish also is stupid; unfourtonaletly, sweet scent has a big range and (s)he sweet scents every pokemon nearby, witch causes them to chase us......
also, the stupid partners won't run away from wild pokemon; as long as they are adjacent to them, they attack until either one dies....... also another stupidity is that as long as they aren't adjacent to wild pokes, they just stay and watch how i get beated up... i was asleep, and butterfree ****ed me up, but lucky(lotad) stood there with hitler and "enjoyed" the show.....
also the partners follow you whenever they can... this is annoying because when scouting(passing water to see if the exit is there, then return), the partner run away, engaging in every fight she can T.T if you're lucky and it dosen't run, you could consume a warp seed or orb to get her out from the exit... god, the game is so stupid that it asks you if you want to switch places(kill partner); even stupider is the fact that napoleon(me) dosen't even sink to knees in water =='
other than the very poor AI, the game is really good =)

MMM_AJ

Obsessed Mewtwo Fan
I know what you mean! My Turtwig partner "Don" seems to have some sort of mental handicap. He has three grass type moves now along with Bite; Whenever we're up against something he has an advantage against he uses Bite, and whenever we're up against something Bite has an advantage against he uses his grass moves. >_>

Lickilicky

Lickilicky Trainer
by choosing what moves the partner uses(only 1 move+move-exclusive user=allways that move), you can put some good effective attaks... it's quite boring to set the moves to use, but it's worth sometimes(bosses)...

Quanyails

Shining Ninetales
Meh, my partner (Cyndaquil) isn't that stupid. In monster houses, it uses Lava Plume (1 square in every direction) and it's powerful! :D

It seems Nintendo has as grudge against Water Types, since the first few dungeons all have water types, and the ones later are Electric or Grass. Ah, well. Piplup has to endure it. Thank goodness it has Drill Peck!

Zaurfen

I hate my Turtwig partner! I don't know how many times I had to face Dark Dialga (aka Primal) because he kept on fainting! Yeah and being a Squritle, discharge annoys me too. And your right about accuracy, my moves lose PP faster because of that.

I'm stuck on dialga, as of now i have no reviver seeds and no sleep, x-eyed seeds or anything to help. I especially hate it the stupid Roar of Time move, now that should be banned, range seems to be the entire room and its extremely powerful, it almost takes me out in one hit, and it doesnt help when he keeps using it!

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
To be honest, I don't have any problems. My partner Torchic has Peck, Ember, Shadow Claw, and Rock Slide, and uses them appropriately.

^Dialga was hard for me, too. I was in your same situation. I got around it with Stun / Sleep seeds and Blaze / Torrent, so try that.

Kawazu Hime

It bugs me that when teammates use linked moves, they only take into account the proper positioning for the first move in the chain.

Meaning if you put something like a Swords Dance+Razor Leaf combo on them, they'll just use it while they're standing behind you, and damage you in the process.

.....haha....that happened to me all the time in MD1...

Ga|2y

unReal™ Explorer
Dunno my Charmander kinda smart :]

Sssjim

Storm Trainer
You CAN change your partners tactics!

my partner, hitler(chikorita) is very stupid...
like, some nidorina poisoned her, and immediatly after reciving the 2 damage, she used synthesis.... i had to disable it; then, she growled at every sleeping pokemon... i had to replace growl with mega drain(TM)...
oddish also is stupid; unfourtonaletly, sweet scent has a big range and (s)he sweet scents every pokemon nearby, witch causes them to chase us......
also, the stupid partners won't run away from wild pokemon; as long as they are adjacent to them, they attack until either one dies....... also another stupidity is that as long as they aren't adjacent to wild pokes, they just stay and watch how i get beated up... i was asleep, and butterfree ****ed me up, but lucky(lotad) stood there with hitler and "enjoyed" the show.....
also the partners follow you whenever they can... this is annoying because when scouting(passing water to see if the exit is there, then return), the partner run away, engaging in every fight she can T.T if you're lucky and it dosen't run, you could consume a warp seed or orb to get her out from the exit... god, the game is so stupid that it asks you if you want to switch places(kill partner); even stupider is the fact that napoleon(me) dosen't even sink to knees in water =='
other than the very poor AI, the game is really good =)

Hey, go into the team options and change the tactics for your partners from 'Lets go together' to 'Attack enemies'. Then they will fall all over themselves chasing down everything they see...

Personally, I try to avoid letting them EVER come in contact with anything and do all the fighting with just my starter. Less aggravation that way!

Jim

Haru

But the different tactics are only available with a certain lvl, this a big handicap on Zero Island. "Oh look its a explosion trap *Boom*, "where?" *Boom* "Did you say trap?" *Boom*.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
IT'S A TRAP!!

Had to

Anyways, haven't had trouble with my partner.