• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Writer's Logic vs Your Logic!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-boogie200

With Sinnoh being a saga with a lot of twist and turns, we've had a lot of changes for the good.

However, we all know how Ambipom and Gliscor went down.

I was also a bit saddened by Dustox and Cacnea as well, but oh well.

With that said, are the writer's doing a good job, if so, how?

Also, what are they doing wrong now, that you feel you can do right for the future.

What should come next?

Should the writer's show more sensitivity to the older fans, should they base less storyline on games?

What ya think?

ijea4444

IMO they should do whatever gets ratings while still catering to older viewers every once in a while. Even if I don't like it. That is because it keeps the show running.

Vernikova

Champion
I think they've been ding a good job ever since the beginning of Hoenn. I haven't had much to complain about and I haven't really cared for any of the Pokémon they released. So far the show is still chugging along nicely so they should probably continue to do what they're still doing.

I guess my only complaint at this point would be letting Brock do something if he's going to continue being a main character.

Torpoleon

They are doing a great job with Sinnoh although I do not like somethings that they did, it's ok. Besides, one person's opinion does not matter. I think they try to fufill some of our needs so maybe if a lot of people want Gliscor or Ambipom back, as an example, maybe the writers will do that. It's not like I'd stay angry at the stuff forever though.

Rex Kamex

Y'all know what I'd have to say about having a main character and all that...

Should the writer's show more sensitivity to the older fans,

I think for them to do that it'd be best to have reminders for many old episodes for nostalgia-related reasons. Not make the show more "mature", as some people want.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
No complaints so far. Not even about the whole Gliscor/Ambipom. I thought it was a good decision, despite what everyone else "thinks". And I use that term lightly.

They have been doing a really good job. Ever since Hoenn, I think they started getting it right

BCVM22

Should the writer's show more sensitivity to the older fans, should they base less storyline on games?

Mmm no and no.

The older fans don't pay the bills and I'm not sure there's any logic that supports basing your show less on the multimillion dollar game franchise for which it serves as an animated promotional vehicle.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
My only complaint is how they got rid of Gliscor. That Pokemon had a lot of personality. Other than that I think the show has been handled fine.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Let's get something straight. TR's release of Cacnea/Dustox was acceptable. TR usually release their Pokemon, but at least Cacnea got a great home with Gardenia who has taken care of it, and Dustox fell in love. They were Hoenn Pokemon, its obvious they were going to go.

Ambipom and Gliscor on the other hand, is TERRIBLE writing. Why have the group capture new Pokemon and then release them 60 episodes later? It brought back memories of the constant releases of Kanto!

All I can say is Gliscor BETTER return at the start of the Sinnoh league. Just like Charizard/Squirtle did at the start of the Johto League.

If Gliscor doesn't return and winds up forgotten, then it is the WORST WRITING EVER in the last 10 years.

J-boogie200

Let's get something straight. TR's release of Cacnea/Dustox was acceptable. TR usually release their Pokemon, but at least Cacnea got a great home with Gardenia who has taken care of it, and Dustox fell in love. They were Hoenn Pokemon, its obvious they were going to go.

Ambipom and Gliscor on the other hand, is TERRIBLE writing. Why have the group capture new Pokemon and then release them 60 episodes later? It brought back memories of the constant releases of Kanto!

All I can say is Gliscor BETTER return at the start of the Sinnoh league. Just like Charizard/Squirtle did at the start of the Johto League.

If Gliscor doesn't return and winds up forgotten, then it is the WORST WRITING EVER in the last 10 years.

Cyber buddy, this is not a thread to give us some bs excuses as to why you say you would never watch the show again, which you still are doing.

Also, I know Cacnea and Dustox were going to leave, it just hurt me that's all.

I agree that Gliscor's release made me scratch my head more than Ambipom's.

Gliscor not being in the opening makes me believe we may never see it again, which is sad, it really was a great pokemon.

I'd like for all of Ash's Johto starters to evolve and for Misty to make more cameos or for her and May and Max and Tracey get a chronicles.

I can handle fillers about Max and Tracey.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
My only issue is with Brock. Sure, he's not training for contests or leagues, but come on...give the poor guy more pokemon. =( Or at least let his Happiny evolve. He hasn't had a single new pokemon since Happiny. /=

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I personally think Ash and Paul's rivalry could have been handled better.

hmmm

Scuffle of Legends

Terrible writing?! I call the release of Ambipom and Gliscor GOOD writing! Yes, I was dissapointes by both releases. but just cause you disagree with something does not mean it's bad. I know you've read the posts in these threads "Ash and co. dont release Pokemon anymore, the days of Haunter and Pidgeot are over." These releases were a fresh idea thy aight everyone by surprise. On a similar note, everyone though that Monferno would be Ash's only starter to fully evolve. Why did we think this? Because here has only every been one fully evolved starter. Because Paul already has a Torterra. This was another fresh idea pulled out by the writers that caught everyone by surprise. Just when all the viewers thought they knew the step-and-repeat Pokemon anime as good as the writers knew it,
it gets turned on it's side. I can not in anyway call perfectly entertaining writing TERRIBLE.

pokemon fan 132

Let me see:
Things im satisfied with in these show:
-writers gaving more focus toward groups pokemon,giving them nice development,different personas,receiving proper amount of screentime(not everyone of course,but compared to older days its a big step forward).
-Characters being more focused on and their stories passing through nice route of development.
-Ash getting actual rivals introducing Paul who is treated properly,unlike it was case before.
-villains getting fair treatment especially now in Sinnoh with introducemnt of Hunter J and Team Galactic,giving them decent ending.
-Sinnoh having less fillers and more arcs,more than in older regions.

Things im not satisfied:
-Mistys treatment in this show in these days being reduced to extremely small and rare appearances,which is truly a shame because she is interesting and unique character.She played important part toward raising this show along with Ash and Brock toward popularity status it reached back than and now,just to be ditched with no closure(returning to gym out of obligation in last minute doesnt fall under category of getting proper ending) being ignored almost completely nowdays.
-anime sticking too much with games.I remember back than when writers were going more off route giving us more anime made arcs,whole region which wasnt from games adding to this show more unpredictabillity not knowing what to expect.
-constant girl replacing with every new region leaving older characters forgotten,like they were never part of this show with each pasing saga making them less and less relevant.
-some random releases like Ambipom and even more Gliscor(huh this one didnt make much sense to me).

Things i like to see in future:
-anime changing formula stopping with all this character replacing bringing some older character developing him more.
Like Misty which story was unfinished on so many levels(even Togepi was left unresolved until Hoenn came on the scene, not to mention her dream),starting with goal of becoming water master which was never expanded enough on(one Whirl Cup and random Seaking contest was a start,but aside from it new ground was never breaked in this field) ditching said character to gym which was never her thing,returning and staying under "poor excuse of sisters not being enough realible"(please this departure could have write a 5 year old child with no build up toward it leaving in last minute,so much about getting any ending).

Nevertheless that way they could develop her more(learning more on her and past),advancing her goal through either water based events or pokethon being good candidate to advertize HGSS(not saying she will,but if writers rather want to use older character both to satisfy older audience,giving justice to her they could use this option),at same time bringing some fresh air and something new etc.

Anyone who wants to argue otherewise obviously didnt watched older seasons not knowing said character and things going for it,or is ignoring everything regarding her pretending like it never existed to begin with.

-giving more references to past and reminders how older characters arent forgotten giving more cameos to May,Max and even some past good rivals like Harley or Drew(eh probably too much to ask).

-anime sticking less with games adding more unpredictabillity in this show.I understand how it has to promote games,but it isnt obligated to follow it in track completely allowing writers to go little of route as past already showed.

Absolutely yes,if it werent for us in beginning days this show would never reach popularity and status it has,and writers should focus on all characters they write or wrote for giving them fair treatment.

Some things really need and deserve resolution from past,no need to repat which ones.

Last edited:

~AussieWonder~

The writers are doing a fabulous job. The Sinnoh saga has been my favourite IMO. Sure it hasn't been perfect, but when your catering for thousands of fans all over the world, satisfying everyones wants and desires becomes almost impossible. Anyway....where do I start??

GOOD
+ Ash's best regional team.
+ Introduction of Paul.
+ Introduction of Elite 4 & Champion.
+ Team Galactic best villainous team ever.
+ Watchable fillers.
+ Great Gym battles.
+ "Counter-shield" & "Ice-Aqua Jet" truly original.
+ Oh and Ash catches a Gible!!

BAD
- Contests boring as ever IMO
- Dawn and her bloody Piplup.
- Dawn's annoying rivals.
- They sure are taking their time with the 5th gen.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
They did a good job so far, only from one thing I was not happy, from the release of Ambipom and Gliscor.

For the future, I just want that Dawn's rivals (Kenny and Nando) will appear more and the gaps between the GF and the league will be short.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
The timing of Ambipom & Gliscor's is what's bad. Also, to why they made Aipom Star in the Eterna Gym and win Ash the Forest Badge, and made Gliscor Star in the Canalave Gym and won Ash the Mine Badge. Under Dawn's control, it starred in 3 contests, with 1 winning Dawn her 3rd Ribbon. Who knows what kind of drug those Writers were on when doing these episodes but to why the heck they gave those 2 Pokemon great Starring matches, only be released is just something that makes we wonder constantly.

As for Cacnea & Dustox's release, I can see that happening for Dustox but for Cacnea??? Wobbofett & that Seviper are still on Jessie's team!!! Why get rid of Cacnea when that Blue Blob of Nothing is still there!:(

What's/Who's next??? Mamoswine released for training in the Mamorific Valley/Cove? Training with much bigger Mamoswine? My guess is Mamoswine is next to get the axe but of course I expect it to return but.......

The Writer's logic is really making me wonder......... they gave Dawn a Pokemon that has great battling experience(Under Ash's care) and then came to Dawn's team with some contest experience as well. It got alot of development and when I finally start really liking Ambipom, it is thrown with 1 Ton Cynderblocks into the sea to never be heard from again. Ambipom & Gliscor should get a chance to be in a League(Ambipom & Gliscor) and the Grand Festival(Ambipom only). Gliscor's release was even dumber. It didn't even get a solid amount of victories. If it comes back in the League, I will be fine but if it never reappears for a battle or 2, I will be really, really, questioning my loyalty to watching the Anime.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Gliscor and Ambipom being released is by far the two worst things that have happened in DP. Nothing else compares.

It's a disgrace. Gliscor will hopefully return for the league, as it has reason to. With Dawn getting Togekiss though, we may not see Ambipom again.

Either way, I was disgusted by both releases and it destroyed my hopes for their teams at the end of DP. God help me if Gliscor doesn't return

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I've gotten over Ambipom and Gliscor. Gliscor might return but I doubt it. Ambipom is pretty much gone for good, which doesn't really matter at this point because of Togekiss. Sinnoh has been great but not all the rivals get screen time, and I'm talking about the coordinators. I don't see why they have run out of ideas for contest when Gym battles have been the same for how many years now?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I won't say anything after seeing the sheer epicness in DP162's preview.

DP is amazing. I wish Lucas, Ambipom and Gliscor were here to enjoy the saga, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.