• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Writing Brock off -- Is it happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
I really got a bad gut feeling pretty soon we'll be saying good-bye to Brock too for good. I'm hoping like everything I'm wrong as he's a fun character, but if his Happiny evolves I think that'd be the final nail in the coffin. Since we all know he goes gaga for any woman he lays his eyes on, and Pokemon Centers need Chansey.

Is his end coming? I do foresee it evolving and the group finding a Pokemon Center in need of a Chansey, so Brock would stay there with his Chansey and Nurse Joy to help out. Would be kind of a sad way to write him out, but knowing the writers, anything is possible.

Champion Jared 14

I would really like that...The only reason why it didn't work as well in the OI saga was because his fanbase was very strong...But now, it's been many many years and I think it would be possible for him to be written off...Ash and the co star don't need a cook slash maid slash caretaker to look after them. He can take care of himself.

Gym Leader Jasmine

1. No

2 Why Brock is not gym leader anymore he is a breeder why would he go back home? It makes more sense for him to just travel with Ash co.

Skull-Kid

I doubt it.

Brock provides infromation on moves, abilities and Pokemon for the show so I doubt they will write him out. I don't think I would mind if they did because he isn't as funny as he use to be.

Champion Jared 14

No, it makes no sense at all...Brock's goal isn't interesting to watch at all...He doesn't gather badges, he doesn't get ribbons, and he hardly EVER catches pokemon...nor does he make his pokemon battle that much...I know he's a breeder and all, but with that you'd think he would be doing things that are a little more "interesting"

All he does is gets stabbed in the butt after flirting with Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny other pretty girl...he's stale...nothing interesting about him at all...he should be written off, and when that happens, you all will get over it.

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
He doesn't gather badges, he doesn't get ribbons

Eh, I still find his job as team navigator and cook more interesting than contests, even the Nurse Joy-Croagunk thing works better for me than contests.

Its a shame Piplup came along, now, its always 'Piplup, Pikachu, Bubblebeam and Thunderbolt the balloon!' In the old days, Geodude and occasionally Onix would arrive, but none of his current bunch get any time @ all.

Skull-Kid

No, it makes no sense at all...Brock's goal isn't interesting to watch at all...He doesn't gather badges, he doesn't get ribbons, and he hardly EVER catches pokemon...nor does he make his pokemon battle that much...I know he's a breeder and all, but with that you'd think he would be doing things that are a little more "interesting"

All he does is gets stabbed in the butt after flirting with Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny other pretty girl...he's stale...nothing interesting about him at all...he should be written off, and when that happens, you all will get over it.

Again, if you notice during matches he tells Dawn and co about moves and abilities like for example Hariyama's Thick Fat. He's like a human Pokedex for people who have just joined Pokemon.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I would really like that...The only reason why it didn't work as well in the OI saga was because his fanbase was very strong...But now, it's been many many years and I think it would be possible for him to be written off...Ash and the co star don't need a cook slash maid slash caretaker to look after them. He can take care of himself.

I read somewhere that they wrote him out in OI because of his eyes, because Pokemon was going worldwide and people would think it is racist, they writ him out of it, but it turned out that not many people cared much about the fact, so they brought him back.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I sense a flame war starting :/

I don't think so, it's like Skull-Kid said, not only does he navigate and cook for the group, he also provides information about abilities, types and strategies in the middle of battles, which is actually essential for little kids that don't know much about Pokemon.

I know he could be replaced with someone else for these purposes, but what would be the point? He's already an established character, and for all we know, he might still be really popular in Japan.

Lunanight

if brock was a good trainer then I would like to see more of him but I think he is: pathetic.
I am not trying to start a flame war but when was the last time he caught a pokemon by battling it.

when was the last time he battled in a pokemon battle, not pratice battles with ash or dawn I mean real, offical battles

terminoob

The Underdog
if brock was a good trainer then I would like to see more of him but I think he is: pathetic.
I am not trying to start a flame war but when was the last time he caught a pokemon by battling it.

when was the last time he battled in a pokemon battle, not pratice battles with ash or dawn I mean real, offical battles

Since when was it a Breeder's goal to battle?

rocky505

Both him and Team Rocket need the boot. I'm tired of "We're blasting off again!" They were better in the good ol' days.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Yeah,I think Brock will go...he doesn't do anything & thats what the writers prob plan to do...
& I also think that Dawn will stay...Piplup is very popular & face it,Dawn is an awesome character I mean...I really like her,it would be a shame for her to go.

In the next region Brock should go & a new character should join Ash & Dawn^_^

Oh & TR really need to stop...prob after Jessie does something awesome at the GF she realises that she needs to fully dedicate herself to contests.

Last edited:

rocky505

They should at least let the male character of the gen join for once.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Even though I see this thread getting closed soon, I can see both Dawn/Brock being retired so the next group doesn't wind up being too similar to this one.

randomspot555

Is it happening? No.

Can it happen? Yes.

Unlike Dawn and Ash, his goal isn't really something that can often be visibly shown. So his leaving the cast could happen at any moment with no build up.

Just like when he stayed with Professor Ivy. He wasn't getting bored of traveling, he just found the perfect place to practice his skill. If he finds it again, then I'm sure he'll make that decision. But it's not like he'll win a Breeder festival and then stay there and be a Breeding Frontier Brain or whatever.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Character Replacements [added by Kiori]: Most people are sick and tired of the fued that is going on in the forum, including the staffs. People can't refrain from bashing/flaming others as well as characters. No more talking about Brock replacements or any characters of the trio/quad/quintle/etc replacements thanks.

Character replacement threads aren't allowed. Read the Banned Topics sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.