• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Writing Help (non-Pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorg

Spongetastic
Yes, i'm sure if you remember any of my previous threads in the Author's Cafe, you'll know that they're usually asking for help.... well here's another.

Well pretty much, long story short, I am going to be entering a writing competition and don't have any ideas (as usual). My last resource has been to ask my friends here on a Pokemon site.... Yes, i have no life...

Anyways, i can enter up to 3 pieces of writing which may be Poetry, a Story, a Short Story, or a Script. I am mainly going to be doing Short Stories.
My preferred genres are mainly action fighting ones and fantasy where people use swords and such. I can also write decent horrorish stuff, crime, mystery and adventure, but all my adventure stuff is also action.

So yea, need some help for general ideas, which don’t include Pokemon!

So thanks for anyones help if they can give me some ideas because I’ve already posted on facebook and none of my friends there can give me help either….

Hopefully this ain’t too noobish… also, please don't spam or flame me...

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
Do some action based poetry or horror based poetry like the Raven. Scripts and or Screen Plays are also pretty fun to do I do them all the time. As far as themes, try something they won't be expecting, something no one else would be typically writing about. You can try doing things based on current events such as wars or starvation or something.
Since you like fantasy then do that, maybe a classic hero saves the princess thing will do, if written with different details.
I would stay away from Comedy as everyone has different views on what's funny and it's pretty hard to do.
That's all I can suggest, in the end it's all on you what you will do.

Psychic

Really and truly
Sorry, but the Author's Café is a place for having discussions or getting feedback on stories or concepts already created by you. It is your job, not the job of other writers, to come up with not only the ideas for your writing, but the basic concepts. If you don't know whether to write a horror poem or a murder mystery script, never mind what they will actually be about in the first place, then you have a long way to go, and nobody here can tell you what to write because we don't know a thing about you as a writer. You should at the very least have some basic idea of what you're writing, then ask for feedback, but without even that, there really isn't much that can be done for you.

Either way, you should not rely on members of this forum to decide what to enter in a real-life story-writing contest. Look for inspiration in novels, anthologies of short stories or poetry, or just go watch a movie - just don't expect whole ideas from people you cannot take credit from. Please try to avoid making such an aimless thread again.

~Psychic

Status
Not open for further replies.