• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WSC 3rd Birthday Tournament

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
The WSC 3rd Birthday Tournament

Three years huh? Pretty cool stuff. I'm not sure if I_D knew it'd still be going after all this time, but here we all are. Three days ago was the third anniversary and it still feels like yesterday it was a bunch of people spriting in a social group. 20th of October 2008.

The tournament is back! Can anyone defeat antisocial464? We shall see.

For those of you new to the birthday tourney, there are two divisions, Casual and Pro. Casual is for anyone who hasn't won a week of the WSC before, and Pro is for those who have. If there are free spots in the Pro division near the end of the week, people who have been in a decent number of champion polls but haven't won any yet have the option of filling them. There a maximum of 20 spots in each division.

This is a blind contest, so you don’t post to say you’re in, or showing your entry. If you do that, it won’t be eligible for entry. To enter, PM your entry to me and I’ll re-upload it so nobody can tell whose it is from the location. To make it more fun guys, please don’t tell anyone which is yours, or spend your time trying to guess. Just have fun and pick the best ones! The criteria for each round will be released as necessary. You'll have progressively less time for each entry, so be aware before entering.

TLDR;
Happy 3rd birthday WSC! So we're gonna make, well, more sprites. There's a group for people who've won, and another for people who haven't. 20 people max in each. Entries have to be PM'd to me, not posted, and you can't say which are yours. Make sure you have time to do up to 4 sprites in two weeks.

So, maybe I copied some of this from last year =P

Casual: 10/20 received || Pro: 3/20 received​

Round One
Prep time: 7 days
Poll time: 5 days

Casual:

Medium: Recolour (Seems like a bit of a tradition =) )
Size: 96x96
Your task is to take any Pokemon which is at least partially bug, and recolour it in any way you choose without adding more shades than the original sprite.

Pro:
Medium: Edit
Since it's also around Halloween, (which I still don't understand, but whatever) your task is to 'vampirise' a Pokemon by scratching or fusing. Just to make it interesting, your selection must also come from the Bulbapedia list of pink Pokemon (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Pink-colored_Pokémon).

Round Two
Prep time: 5 days
Poll time: 4 days

Casual:

Medium: TBA
Size: TBA

Pro:

Round Three
Prep time: 4 days
Poll time: 3 days

Casual:

Pro:

Round Four
Prep time: 3 days
Poll time: 5 days

Casual:

Pro:

For general questions, posting in the thread is acceptable, but not if it's a specific question that may reveal which is your entry. You get your spot by submitting your entry, not by posting here. Enjoy everyone =D

Last edited:

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
For the casual tournament, does it mean we have to use the pokemon's own colours? And also, may we add glows or use the animated sprites?

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Well I'm sertainly going to make some time to enter here :)
Hopefully I can beat antisocial this year :p

Ps:
I think it an appropriate time to say thanx to zadros and sweet may.
Your both doing an amazing job :)

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
For the casual tournament, does it mean we have to use the pokemon's own colours? And also, may we add glows or use the animated sprites?
Well, it's not really a recolour if you use its own colours. But you can use the colours of other Pokemon or custom palettes. Glows and animations are only allowed when stated in the task.

Well I'm sertainly going to make some time to enter here :)
Hopefully I can beat antisocial this year :p

Ps:
I think it an appropriate time to say thanx to zadros and sweet may.
Your both doing an amazing job :)

Cheers man ^^ Glad you guys are all still entering.

Loreni333

Taking Over Serebii
So we can recolor it, involving any patterns, as long as we keep the number of colors?

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
What's your definition of vampirize?

The base should clearly be the pink Pokemon you choose. And beyond that, try and give it characteristics of a vampire, be it fangs or a cape, or sparkly if you really want.

EDIT
So we can recolor it, involving any patterns, as long as we keep the number of colors?
No patterns

Last edited:

M4zz

Banned
Pro:Medium: Edit
Since it's also around Halloween, (which I still don't understand, but whatever) your task is to 'vampirise' a Pokemon by scratching or fusing. Just to make it interesting, your selection must also come from the Bulbapedia list of pink Pokemon (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Pink-colored_Pokémon).

Out of curiosity, does Gligar count as a "pink" Pokemon? Before Gen III, it was pink, but it experienced a colour change.

Question:

Zadros, what's your go on me submitting Yoshi's entry for him? He's banned for a month and he really wants to join. Is that against the rules or what?

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
Would I be unable to go into casual? I've won once, but that was with a simple fusion and it was my only time getting to the champion poll. Do I still have to compete in the pro?

The WSC 3rd Birthday Tournament

Happy 2nd birthday WSC! So we're gonna make, well, more sprites. There's a group for people who've won, and another for people who haven't. 20 people max in each. Entries have to be PM'd to me, not posted, and you can't say which are yours. Make sure you have time to do up to 4 sprites in two weeks.

I'm surprised I'm the first one to notice this. :)

Anyway, good luck guys!! I sent mine in.

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
Question:

Zadros, what's your go on me submitting Yoshi's entry for him? He's banned for a month and he really wants to join. Is that against the rules or what?
That's fine with me =)

Would I be unable to go into casual? I've won once, but that was with a simple fusion and it was my only time getting to the champion poll. Do I still have to compete in the pro?
So long as there's space in Casual when you sumbit, yeah.

I'm surprised I'm the first one to notice this. :)

Anyway, good luck guys!! I sent mine in.
Hehehe, oops ^^;

Digit

I don't know if I'm the only one confused about the theme, but is it to make the Pokémon spooky and all in general or to make it relating or close to a vampire?

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
I don't know if I'm the only one confused about the theme, but is it to make the Pokémon spooky and all in general or to make it relating or close to a vampire?

And beyond that, try and give it characteristics of a vampire, be it fangs or a cape, or sparkly if you really want.
Does this help?

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
Is this closed or not? *begs it isn't*

No, not closed yet.

I thought about how I could fit the polls around next week, but it doesn't look like it's gonna work. I have 4 exams over 6 days so I'm gonna be pretty frantic next week. For the sake of my GPA, I'm going on a study hiatus until the 11/11/11, so polls will go up around then. Sorry about the delay guys. You can still send entries, I should be able to reply occasionally.