• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WSC: Indigo Isle the Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality

Sprite_01.png

Sprite_02.png
Sprite_04.png
Sprite_06.png

A New Week, A New Contest!

Theme: Legends

Medium: Pixel-Over

Alright! This week we bring back the Indigo Isle for a second time and what a week I have in store for you all!

1. There will be a prize for this contest, however I'm not announcing it till the winner has been chosen - rest assured it is a legendary Pokémon.

2. This week you are only to submit entries in the form of a PM to either
Insidious_Dreamer or arcanumghost. We will re-upload the image to our photobucket accounts and then post them as an entry number in consecutive order of who has entered. (i.e. this week is a blind week. No-one will know whose entry is who's, which means that neither myself nor arcanumghost will be entering or voting this week.)

3. When you enter you may choose to enter for the fun of it, but it is recommended that you also provide ur FC so that you can receive the prize at the end.

Other than that:

1. You must own Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum
2. You must be able to trade via Nintendo WiFi.
3. You have TWO weeks to get ur entry in!
4. Please no massively huge entries, try to keep it under a 200x200 image
5. If you enter the normal way in this contest, ur entry will be disqualified.

Happy Spriting!

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Id prefer that it's not resized so that it looks crap, I'd just prefer it if the entry wasn't huge.

Also I have here Entry Numbuh 1:
Entry1.png

@ J O'D: Take an image of a Pokémon that is considered to be legendary and pixel-over it how you choose and then submit ur entry via PM to either myself or arcanumghost

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Alright! We have a second entry:
Entry2.png

Draco_Patil

Splice Spriter
k back after long break

i have a question:

Can i do Arcanine seeing that its the "Legendary pokemon" as per the Pokedex??
Please??

another question: in our pixel over instead of colouring using the sprite's colours can we make custom ones? cause some palletes look messed up on large scale..

man...that giratina will be hard to beat !

Last edited:

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
k back after long break

i have a question:

Can i do Arcanine seeing that its the "Legendary pokemon" as per the Pokedex??
Please??

another question: in our pixel over instead of colouring using the sprite's colours can we make custom ones? cause some palletes look messed up on large scale..

man...that giratina will be hard to beat !

Other palettes should be fine. However, your question about Arcanine should have been submitted by a PM I think, because if I_D says yes, people would be able to identify yours. Remember, it's a blind week.

Alder

Come at me bro
Umm, this time, since the prize is a Legendary, if the winner can't set up his FC thingy the right way, can teh contest people hold onto it until they can? Setting a tiem limit on it, of course. Just seems liek too much of a reward to pass up.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Zadros, thoughts?

Also, no Arcanine is not acceptable. We're talking the unobtainables and the legend trios, etc

Plusle+Minun

fanfiction is life
Um... I know this was asked in the first Indigo Isle, but can we participate with out Diamond/Pearl/Platinum?
And I want Suicune.

Last edited:
As long as I'm contacted about the prize within a reasonable amount of time (like... let's say a few months later is a little unreasonable?), then it doesn't matter how long it takes for you to be ready to receive the prize... I'm positive I'll still be actively playing pokemon. Also, you are allowed to enter just for the fun of it; the prize would then go to the next winner if the winner doesn't have a way to receive the prize.

In fact, when we have a winner for this contest... I'll probably just start going down the list contacting people to see who can accept the prize until it is claimed.

Remember you can send your entries to me too, I'm excited to see the results!

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Yes, yes you can - you just can't receive the Legend.... wait for it..... dairy prize

S.Bustathedog

What's this for? ^
AH, this shall be fun, im am going to learn how to do a pixel over before I go to the UK, then when im there do it and upload it and I may enter may not depends on my conmptiotion, or I may just enter for the fun.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Alright - the third entry is upon us. Ta-da!
Entry3.gif

RauniKai

one fire at a time
quick question: does the pixel over have to be of an official art, or could it possibly be a fan art?

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
I'm preety sure that first entry is off a Fan Art, but it may also belong to the person who's entry it is. Thus, you'd have to get permission to do it off a Fan Art

We've decided that we're going to wait until the end of the contest to post the rest of the entries. We really want a lot of people to enter, so don't be intimidated by anything you've seen so far. In fact, to encourage you guys, we'll have more prizes if enough people enter, so get those entries in!

Status
Not open for further replies.