• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WSC Week 126

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
Sprite_01.png

Sprite_02.png
Sprite_04.png
Sprite_06.png

A New Week, A New Contest!

Theme: Ancestors
Medium: Devamp
Size: 56x56

This week, your task is to devamp a second or third evolution Pokemon from the third generation (Pokemon introduced in RSE) to GC style. As always, you can't use a sprite previously created. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the GS sprite size XD

Last edited:

M4zz

Banned
Wasn't GSC 62x62?

EDIT: @Stone Edge, your entry is a recolour, not a devamp. It shouldn't be allowed. It also breaks the size limit of 56x56.

For that above reason, I might not join this week if it's just gonna end up a recolour week :/

Last edited:

Ioneos

old geezer
Woah serebii has a WSC? I thought only smogon did... stupid ban...
Anyways, a revamp is a recolor that makes a Pokemon look like a sprite from past generations. Often fewer colors will be used, and whit and black could be lightest and darkest shades respectively

-Raiga-

Woah serebii has a WSC? I thought only smogon did... stupid ban...
Anyways, a revamp is a recolor that makes a Pokemon look like a sprite from past generations. Often fewer colors will be used, and whit and black could be lightest and darkest shades respectively

Its not really a recolor, because if it was, it would be called just that. Just keep in mind there is some editing of the proportions and shading to mimic the imperfect works of previous gens.

bones090

< brav man i is sick
In the devamp, we can scratch right... I want to make my own pose

P.S. Gold had 56*56 dimensions and Silver had 60*60 - don't know why they were different, but they were :/

BLABO

♧ yoo ♧
In the devamp, we can scratch right... I want to make my own pose

P.S. Gold had 56*56 dimensions and Silver had 60*60 - don't know why they were different, but they were :/

I'm pretty sure your expected to scratch when doing a devamp

Frosty Voltorb

Does the pokemon have to belong to an evolutionary family? Or could it be a pokemon from RSE that's like, a legendary.

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
iaza14983433903700.gif

Wailord, because I missed the 2ng/3rd evo part and made Latios...

Can someone please be clear on the dimensions of the sprites? I've always thought they were 50 X 50 but there's like five other sizes to the contrary in this thread.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
G/S/C sprites are 56 by 56, with a colour limit of four colours, two of which must be black and white.

Nick Alert

Helplessly Confused.
So me, bones090, and enel have the only legit GS devamps.. 56x56 4 color.. the rest are over/more than 4 colors
http://i55.*******.com/35ajd42.png

Status
Not open for further replies.