• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WSC Week 127

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
Sprite_01.png

Sprite_02.png
Sprite_04.png
Sprite_06.png

A New Week, A New Contest!

Theme: ^ Put your banner here ^
Medium: Sprite banner
Size: 750x200
Text: The SPPf Weekly Sprite Contest
Subtext:
The Rules
Hall of Fame
Resources

So, as some of you may have noticed, there's a new thread for the WSC rules, HoF and now resources (link). Seems like we need a new banner =) So, this week your task is to make one. The main text should be larger than the subtext, and please use the text exactly as written above. Obviously, being a sprite contest and a sprite banner, your design should use sprites. Beyond that, I can't wait to see what you all come up with ^^ We'll also be having weeks for initial and champion polls banners

This week will last until the 5th to give you plenty of time, running concurrently with regular weeks.

Also, if anyone has a tutorial they've made, or want to make one that the thread could use, it'd be great to have some in the Resources section for people new to spriting. If this is you, please PM me or post here. Full credit will be given =) Hopefully we can get some for all the spriting techniques, and things like WGing.

All other comments on the new thread, like suggestions and corrections, go here.

Last edited:

M4zz

Banned
This will be a fun week. I can guarantee that. But it sucks for the users that don't have Photoshop.

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
When you say 'Sprite Banner', do you mean the banner has to be all hand-sprited, or can we use brushes, textures, etc. but with sprites included also?

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
When you say 'Sprite Banner', do you mean the banner has to be all hand-sprited, or can we use brushes, textures, etc. but with sprites included also?

I used brushes and stuff when I made the current one, but make sure you use them as additives to the sprites. The sprites should be the main part essentially, but not necessarily the only part. If I feel someone's banner isn't using sprites enough, they'll have to change it to get into the polls.

martinzelda

Right. On. Time.
Here is my banner, aperantly im first to submit one...dont like that much, anyway, its my first banner ever made, and i only had paint available so i hope it still catches eyes.

Banner.png

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
My entry:
iaza14983492394000.png

Went for an Ilex Forest-theme if you couldn't tell, and I made it on paint. This is my first banner ever so it may not be the best.

Last edited:

Lucario9

The Power of Aura
Text is slightly off, should be "Resources" and "Hall of Fame".

Ok, I'll fix that. I thought the "the" was for all of them.

Edit: Changed it.

Last edited:

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
SPPF.png

I was bored... so I decided I'd enter this for once. If you want me to add more sprites (that aren't faded into the background), feel free to say so. ^_^ I've never been one to use many sprites in a large banner. (There are a good number that are faded into the background if you don't see them at first glance.)

As for tutorials, I've got a few random ones lying around, though I do have a spriting school that just opened to everyone. Most of the image tutorials I have are just images and no text... they are meant more for a visual aid to an explanation of some sort. ^_^'​

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
SPPF.png
I was bored... so I decided I'd enter this for once. If you want me to add more sprites (that aren't faded into the background), feel free to say so. ^_^ I've never been one to use many sprites in a large banner. (There are a good number that are faded into the background if you don't see them at first glance.)

As for tutorials, I've got a few random ones lying around, though I do have a spriting school that just opened to everyone. Most of the image tutorials I have are just images and no text... they are meant more for a visual aid to an explanation of some sort. ^_^'​

I thought most spriting tutorials were images XD If you have any you'd be willing to have put in the Resources section of the new thread, let me know =)

Also, would it be possible for you to switch around the order of the subtext?

Last edited:

PetuniaBubbles

Devoted Spriter
I thought most spriting tutorials were images XD If you have any you'd be willing to have put in the Resources section of the new thread, let me know =)

Also, would it be possible for you to switch around the order of the subtext?

Mine /are/ images... minus the text explaining it all. I normally just explain in person using the images to guide. ^_^' I am more than willing to teach people though. (I'll still make a few of those tutorials with words when I get time.)

That'd be no problem at all. ^_^ I always save the layered version of the banner just in case I need to make changes. =P So... I won't need more sprites... right? -making sure- xD

EDIT
SPPF2.png

Last edited:

Zadros

Incorrigible slacker
Mine /are/ images... minus the text explaining it all. I normally just explain in person using the images to guide. ^_^' I am more than willing to teach people though. (I'll still make a few of those tutorials with words when I get time.)

That'd be no problem at all. ^_^ I always save the layered version of the banner just in case I need to make changes. =P So... I won't need more sprites... right? -making sure- xD

EDIT
SPPF2.png

Uh, still in the wrong order XD Should be right, looks pretty sprite-based to me. Tutorials are good to have for new contestants who aren't familiar with some forms of spriting, so they can have a glance over to get the idea.

jshperz

Will this be okay?

wscentry2.png

Reshiram, Zekrom, Charizard and Blastoise are sprites from Pokemon Black/White, and the rock is from PMD2.

Status
Not open for further replies.