• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WSC Week 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality

Sprite_01.png

Sprite_02.png
Sprite_04.png
Sprite_06.png

A New Week, A New Contest!

Theme: Opposed Types

Medium: 4-Sprite Fusion

Alright! When I asked you all to PM me ideas for the contest, it went really well and I got a ton of people responding with ideas. I have set them out to happen of over the coming weeks and this is the first of many. RauniKai is the one to thanks for this week's idea. This particular idea was so cool, it will be coming back soon, but in a slightly different form.

Anyways, here's the deal. You need to pick types that would normally be enemies. Psychic/Dark and Fire/Water are two good examples. Then, pick two sprites of the one type and two sprites of the other type and fuse them together.

Enjoy peoples!

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Gah, good point. Now that I think about it, it'll probably be easier if every sprite is available for use. The results will probably be better. Okay. If you were going to pick electric and ground and you pick Sandslash, Pikachu, Magnemite and Geodude, it would be acceptable since the two dual-types are thee to represent electric and ground respecitively.

However, if you were to pick Electric and Steel and and go with Pikachu, Chinchou, Steelix and Magnemite, Magnemite could not be used since you have already chosen for the electric side, even though he represents steel. (This is a bad example since I wouldn't considered Steel and Electric to be enemies, but you get my point)

Frost-Phoenix1

Teh Frostest Phoenix

*sigh* Why did you say that? I could have made something better. But this is mine. Took about half an hour. Reminds me of a sphinx. Hypno, Espeon, Umbreon, Absol.

It kinda fail. But no worry.

celebired

Mew xoxo Kawaii
Here, you dunno what you can do to the F.E.A.R .
FEAR.png

Pokemon Used :
Rattata, Ghastly, Slugma, and Groyvle.

Rattata < Ghastly, Rattatta is normal, it does no effect on Ghost/Poison pokemon like Ghastly.
Slugma is fire, with got x4 effect on Grass Pokemon like Groyvle.

I use Rattata's base, Groyvle colours and hand-leaf thingies, I used Ghastly whisp thing.. and Slugma's Magma to scratch over the Grass thingies.

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

Celebired to clarify it, ID means use two sprites of ONE type and two sprites of the SECOND type, not four sprites from four types.

celebired

Mew xoxo Kawaii
Ohhhhh. Thanks. I'll make a new one and post. Thanks.

Denmen10

YEAh i'll play again

i used octillery, magnemite, wooper and rotom
please say of it's accepted or not

Alder

Come at me bro
Hehe, I really like this idea. So basically, by "opposing types" you mean one type that's super-effective against the second type? What if there's simply a "doesn't affect" thing, like Flying and Ground or Ghost and Fighting?

Douger

Veteran Spriter

I'm back with a vengence! And honestly, I don't know WHAT I am thinking. lmao
Huntail, Cradily, Meganium, and Swampurt. (Grass < Water)

How's that?

Kaburadon

Kfetsu Li!!! LOL ^^
My entry

My entry:
wsc27kaburadonomg.gif

Fusion of Kricketot, Spinarak, Chingling and Slowpoke (Psychic < Bug).
I added the glow to make it cooler :p

Last edited:

Timerabi:3

~*I'm Kute*~

Empoleon,Magmortar,Mewtwo,Scizor

Yami Ryu

Douger it'd be Grass > water :p

Timerabi that's more than two types. That's Water, Steel, Fire, Psychic, Bug.

You're supposed to take two pokemon from one type, two pokemon from a second opposing type, and fuse them together.

Examples would be like Steel and Ice [Steel is super effective to Ice] or Ghost to Psychic [Ghost is super effective to Psychic] or Ground and Electric.

Acherhar

Holon Cartographer
Hiya, thought I'd try my hand at this.

WSC27G.gif

Electric > Flying
Rotom/Raikou ~ Masquerain/Tropius

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
I did alright this week, and decided to do a Steel and Fire fusion.

http://i42.*******.com/2akbnkm.png

I used Bronzong, Magmortar, Magneton, and Magcargo.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
@ Frost-Phoenix1: I had no idea that you would be able to do a sprite so quickly. I'm sorry about that...

@ celebired/timerabi:3: Yami is right.

@ Denmen10: Yeah, its accepted of course. Generally assume that as long as you have abided by the rules for the week, it will be accepted. Remember, I (or someone I trust like Yami Ryu, as it was last night) will post if it doesn't fit with the rules.

@ Alder: You have to thank RauniKai for the idea. Also, yeah the super effective pairs are generally what I would call enemies. However, that said, ghost/normal or ghost normal or flying/ground or electric/ground would also be feasible combinations.

@ Yami: Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

@ Averyy: that entry of yours is kinda massive. The sprite size is 91x94 and it needs to be under 80x80 size limit, sorry. Also, the green background doesn't look so crash hot on the Dark theme I use. iaza.com can WBG it properly for you.

Also, it is with great pleasure that I announce this fantastic news. You may all know by now that the banner we have on the head post of the entry threads has two links in it. One to the Rules of this contest and one to the Hall of Fame. They haven't been around as sticky's for a while now, but those links are a quick way to find them. Now, should anyone have been keeping up with the Hall of Fame, they may have noticed something fairly cool. We know and love klnothincomin and the work that he does. As a result, he has managed to get a few wins under his belt. He has just recently won his 7th contest. This is a fantastic achievement. And it is with great pleasure that I present to him this SILVER trophy!!!!

trophy2-Klnothincomin.png

Congratulations klnothincomin! I'm pretty sure I speak for us all that we hope to see more of your fantastic work in the future! Try and get the gold trophy maybe!

I_D

Last edited:

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
So.... I'm kinda confused.
Do you mean two types with a super effective match-up, or two types that are opposites?

Like, would Poison and Water be allowed (Murky and Clear) and Psychic and ??? (Knowing and Unknowing), or Flying > Bug and Steel > Ice?

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Poison/Water won't be accepted. And ??? isn't ever a valid type since only Arceus can have that as a type. Flying/Bug and Steel/Ice are acceptable.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Deranged_WSC_Entry6256182105-iaza.gif

Ground>Electric
Whiscash-Gliscor-Luxray-Manectric

Finally a week where I actually have time and patience to make one. Meh. Didn't turn out as well as I had hoped(But compared to some others I've made, this is the best :p)

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Well... then tecnicaly, It's Trumping types, not opposing types.
Oh, and You may want to change the rules somewhat. Some people may see that as 'Four sprite dragon fuse' (Dragon > Dragon).

Anyway... It had to be done. Ice > Dragon.

FourTrumpingtypefuseWBG.gif

Altaria+Girantina + Glaceon+Froslass.

Status
Not open for further replies.