• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WSC Week 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Where is the image link to the original art, WPS?

OK, so while I'm also here, it's about time we congratulated two of our spriters who, quite a while back now, made it to the level of the Bronze Trophy. SO I have finally found some time to create the trophies, so here they are:

trophy-wc64.png
trophy-Aqua.png

So a massive congratulations to both wilycoyote64 and Aquakip. I believe wily may not be with us anymore, but it is still worth mentioning the valiant efforts he put in to get the Bronze Trophy. Since then Aquakip has attained another win and is may climb the ranks soon an join the likes of klnothincomin with a Silver Trophy.

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
here's my entry.
swinub7710381698-iaza.gif

and yes, i kow that it is absolute rubbish

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Last edited:

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
Are you sure that's a pixelover? Looks like a giant scratch sprite to me...

i thought that it said somewhere, or someone had asked and it was a yes, that you could just make a large Pixelated Version? or did i misread something...

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
i thought that it said somewhere, or someone had asked and it was a yes, that you could just make a large Pixelated Version? or did i misread something...

A pixel over is when you draw over an image to make it into a sprite. If that is sprited on top of a drawing (whether or not you made said drawing is another matter), then it's a pixel over. If it's scratch, with another image only used for reference, it's a scratch.

If you can provide the original image, then it's probably a pixel over.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
here is my entry
fgdgfh.png

im quite proud of it cause its my first ever pixel over.
reference here.

Wait, I thought the pokemon can't have an evolution that is in the 2nd generation. Am I wrong?

If I am right then Maril is not acceptible because it has an evolution.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
The Marill is a very acceptable entry since the Pokémon had to be a basic form from the perspective of the second generation, and Marill was, at the time, the original form since Azurill (which I found out recently to be of the Normal-type which totally makes no sense to me) was released in the third generation.

In regards to the Swinub, it really does look like an enlarged version of the sprite, rather than a pixel-over, sorry Kecleoshrew

Turtle Master

May's lover!
My entry. Since every pixel-over I've done is a Larvitar, I couldn't break the trend.

3970046377_0fa99127aa_o.png

This is derivired from the new HGSS official art.

110px-246Larvitar.png

The Marill is a very acceptable entry since the Pokémon had to be a basic form from the perspective of the second generation, and Marill was, at the time, the original form since Azurill (which I found out recently to be of the Normal-type which totally makes no sense to me) was released in the third generation.

Ok, thanks I guess I misunderstood. Just one more question.

Do we have to include the shiny form?

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
It's not much of a hassle to tack on the second one and recolor.

Although I don't believe it's mandatory.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Ok, thanks I guess I misunderstood. Just one more question.

Do we have to include the shiny form?

No, of course not. The entry conditions don't state that you have to have the shiny form. People just like doing them

Status
Not open for further replies.