• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WSC Week 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality

Sprite_01.png

Sprite_02.png
Sprite_04.png
Sprite_06.png

A New Year, A New Week, A New Contest!

Theme: Fly High

Medium: Retyped Scratch Sprite

Welcome to another wonderful week of the WSC. This week, I challenge you like I did way back when with the concept of what makes a normal-type a normal-type. Instead, what makes a flying-type a flying-type? Other than the obvious answer of wings, this is more than that! Take any 'mon you like, as long as it's not legendary and doesn't already have the Flying-type as one of it's types, and re-type it to the Flying-type.

So that's all there really is too it! The winning entries, in my eyes, will have something other than just wings.

Enjoy peoples!

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

Im back, with more experience. And my entry of course.
Cacablu7954444598-iaza.gif

That's more of a fusion than a retype- also think ID meant scratch- but wrote 'retype sprite sprite' by accident.

Anyways as said that's not a retype but a fusion; swablu wings, colors and even 'head feathers'...

wait, did it have to be 100% scratch, or did we just need to scratch on the "flying" parts?

Edit:

Cool, thanks.

wind_retype7706149818-iaza.gif

Jirachi's a "Real" Djinn now, what with the little whirlwind/cloud thing.

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Wow, how did I manage to type that. Yes. I meant Retype Scratch Sprite. And yes, you should be scratching on the flying parts. Also, as much as ur entry is hilarious Toge Tamer, I will need a new one from you as well as Pokemazter

MrRalFa

WSC572.png

2nd time entering.

Edit:
Adjusted the shading and the headcrest, the new entry should fit perfectly in the 80x80 box.

Last edited:
Okay... here's my entry

Gallade_retype5510582698-iaza.gif

It took quite a while to do the beak, but thank goodness. It actually looks mildly good.
The legs are also scratched, as are the head feathers.

The feathers on the arms were taken from Ho-oh's platinum sprite, flipped over vertically, recoloured like Pidgey and stuck one by one on the arms.

Colours belong to Pidgey (most of the sprite) and Noctowl (beak and legs.)

Oh yeah, and for those who cannot tell, that's Gallade.

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

flycariofinished5306841.gif

inspired by that myth about that guy that fought medusa and had flying shoes

Changed Lucario's markings and colors to try and make it look more like a flying type.

Or atleast fighting/flying.

Edit:

Proby said:
The feathers on the arms were taken from Ho-oh's platinum sprite, flipped over vertically, recoloured like Pidgey and stuck one by one on the arms.

It's been said that The Flying Parts Must Be Scratched, Proby. So no cheating by using parts from existing sprites.

There's no rule against using it to help you sprite, as an EXAMPLE of how the feathers should be made, but the feathers and all flying parts need to be scratched :/

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

GreenDay: Well there is Iaza. You make the background a color NOT used at all in the sprite, upload it, choose transparent, click the background and upload it to say ******* or imageshack.

Tho there's also the problem the sprite is far larger than 80x80 pixels, and there's a glow around it.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Yes, please remember that sprites need to be within an 80x80 box. Now, the entry from MrRalFa just fits within reason, so it's accepted for this week, but next time please try to fit in better.

@ GreenDay4ever: Your entry is too large and has a glow as Yami said. Unless I mention it in the first post, you can't use glows in these contests. You will need to make your entry fit within an 80x80 box to be considered in the voting.

Rayn_Shyu

Claimed!
aio8068874758-iaza.gif

Retyped Spinarak, with the whole balloon spider dealy-thing in mind. Also added webbing between legs for extra lift and junk and stuff. Also... full scratch. Is that okay?

Last edited:

GreenDay4ever

bye!, i had a blast
ill just have to drop put becouse there is no way i can fit that in a 80 x 80 frame without completly changing the sprite

ill remember it next time ...

tomthepom

Spoink finally grew a balloon and mini jet packs to lif itself higher in the air :p
Skoink.png

if the "air" at the bottom counts as a glow i'll take it off

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
My Ampharos retype. :3

I enjoyed making this. So I'm happy either way. ^_^

ampharossky.gif

I thought flying ment to have the attributes or air-like qualities. Clouds, Wings, bright or light colors (possibly dull), very calming. So. I gave my little feller clouds, wings, and a sparkly pattern on its body, along with calming colors such as white, pink, and purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.