• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WSC Week 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality

Sprite_01.png

Sprite_02.png
Sprite_04.png
Sprite_06.png

A New Week, A New Contest!

Theme: Double Battle

Medium: TWO Trainer Sprites

So we come to the week where we do a few different types of spriting and it's been a while since we've done one of these. So, I ask only this of you...

Many of the double battles we would participate in within game are against trainer couples such as twins, or a couple in love, or two swimmers, or a lady and a gentleman, etc etc. What I ask of you is to make two trainer sprites that work as a couple.

The snag - you can't do a couple that already exists within the game.

So that's all there really is too it! Enjoy peoples!

And if I have been too vague, please ask questions in order to clarify what I mean.

Turtle Master

May's lover!
I got a question.

You mean a couple that can only be battled together correct? For instance, in DPPt you can fight the cameraman/reporter team or each separately and therefore have two sprites beside each other. On the other side is the twins who can only be fought together thus they only have one sprite.

Which do you want? two overlapping sprites or one single sprite?

tomthepom

Ok this idea has been done a million times but anyway, apparently i have the idea down?
here is mine: Santa Trainer and an Elf Trainer :p

also i wasn't sure if they had to be together or seperate, so i have both here, i'll just take out the wrong entry.

Santaandelf.png

Last edited:

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
There, tom has the idea down. They can be either. However you choose to do it is up to you. You can choose to have two trainers which must be battled only together, or you can choose to give them the possibility of being able to fight them alone as well. I'll give you the choice.

Here's my entry. A duo of grunts from the "evil team" that exists in my region. They're known as Team Storm.

Storm_Grunt_duo2885116903-iaza.gif

aclover

VICTORiOUS
my entry!
iopp3609617661-iaza.gif

a pair of gamers.
there alredy is a gamer category but this is what it looks like but i class it as a gambler as it does not have a video game system.
the girl gamer has a wii remote in her hand if you cant see..

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Yes, I suppose that counts.... It's kinda funny at the same time...

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Nah, I only do those every week that ends in a 5. OR when it feels like it should be an animated example...

noobiess

6 different pokemon
A little disencouraged from the results of the previous week cause I really putted a big effort then, but here is my entry :)
frankenstein28348487913-iaza.gif

frankenstein and his monster :)
Now he is still happy... But we all know (or I hope so) what is going to happen :p
hope you like it :)

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Pirate and Ninja want to battle!

What is cooler then Pirates fighting Ninjas?

Nothing! Pirates and Ninjas fighting together!

PirateNinja.gif

Both 100% scratch, which is a massive step up from my shoddy C&P trainer sprite from the last WSC like this.

I admit the ninja looks like no Ninja I've ever seen, but...

Last edited:

satsumarax

1st generation girl
Oh no! Just my luck that someone has the same idea as me when I stay up til 3am making a sprite then choosing not to upload it til morning. Gah! I'm sorry...

pinin-iaza.gif

The pirates and ninjas had to join forces to fight the dangerously high amount of cowboys in the Diamond and Pearl games (and yes, 3 is a dangerously high amount).

Rayn_Shyu

Claimed!
Oh boy! I haven't done trainer sprites in a while. It felt refreshing.
iopaz9439663349-iaza.gif

Sooo... like, these guys are Treasure Hunters. Like Cooltrainers kinda, think of it like that. You can find these guys in the single and double battle varieties.​

pbfhdude

Brother/Sister team:
bro_sis1554096803-iaza.gif

torterra09

The One To BEAT!!
I have a qusetion. So, we can't make sprites in the love couple category?

Status
Not open for further replies.