• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WSC Week 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Thanks guys. Sorry I haven't been around to answer all the queries. I had food posioning - not so fun. Still sorta got it, but am awake enough and ok enough to type, lol.

@ bones090: Fused was right, but the explanation that goes with this contest is by chooing Growlithe/Poochyena and then, say Swablu/Spiritomb, you'd have four 'mon, two of which are more 'evil' and two of which are more 'good'. Then, you wouls spend some time recolouring them so that the new colours represent your understanding of the asian concept of Yin Yang.

@Jappio: strictly recolouring this week. I would have mentioned the Edit in the title post if Edit was allowed.

@ -Raiga-: Ur right, I wasn't going to budge on that. Also, for the glows. Some craziness will be allowed, but not, say klnothincomin-style craziness. last time I allowed him to add a glow, the whole sprite was like on fire or something... lol. Thus, the thunder on noobiess' entry will be accepted. Also, the colour choices on WPS's entry still technically classifies it as putting some good and evil in the sprite.

@ Fused: U always know how to get the details out there, pure and simple - thanks, since I wasn't here to answer...

MrRalFa

My submission:
WSC_64.png

The theme is not really clear... I'm still quite confused. Regardless, the concept of my submission should based on the actual concept of Yin and Yang, which is opposites in nature. What Yami Ryu said.
And must it be a full recolour?
Beautifly: It is based on Dustox and Beautifly, which are kinda like opposites.

Milktank: Based on Male and Female. (Tauros and Milktank)

Regice: Based on the Fire and Ice concept.

Lastly, Togekiss: The good old good-and-evil concept.

I hope these are counted as recolours.
O.O

Starrmyt

still loves gen II
Alright...I hope that this is ok...although the Smoochum may or may not be controversial, as I did edit the hair on one side...

oppuesto4727399657-iaza.gif

If the slight hair edit is a problem, I will fix it right away. :p

So...Forretress is the quintessential Yin Yang type symbol, Smoochum is male/female opposites, Quilava holds the fire/ice opposites, and Rotom is also Yin Yang.

The groups are cute vs. cool.

Cute being rotom and smoochum, and cool being forretress and quilava.

Last edited:

Spirit_Sphere

Rarely posts... =P
I just noticed a small coloring error on Duskull. Is it okay if I edit it? I apologize, I'm still new to this...

Yami Ryu

I am crap with making pink.

http://i45.*******.com/attdw8.jpg

Went with the good old good and evil theme. The good are ofc Dragonair and Lugia, Dragonair because of it's serene/gentle nature most of the time and with how it can be caring and kind to it's young etc etc. Lugia for being the guardian and the 2000 movie where it shows Lugia for the most part goes out of its way to try and prevent harm.

Houndoom and Mightyena are ofc unfortunately the evil- mostly due to misconceptions of their nature. IE being dark types and pack creatures etc.

The recolorings are mostly opposites of eachother.

Note- had to overshade the lugia because it looked bad with so much black left on it. Had to edit the shading- well outline shading on Mightyena because half of its black fur shading was just that. Black. And lastly Houndoom because yep, it's black and outline shading were one of the same.

Dragonair-Mightyena and Lugia-Houndoom for the coloring opposites.

Rayn_Shyu

Claimed!
...I hope that this works...
wara9065625816-iaza.gif

Suuuuuu. I did this one kinda funky. It's Prey/Predator 'mons AND Complex/Simple colorings. ...If I have to redo Mareep/Finneon I will, but I did not change the shading on them, just added markings so...
Prey: Mareep = Sheep. Finneon = Small fishie.
Predator: Arbok = Cobra. Weavile = Weasle thingy.​

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
@ Spirit_Sphere: That should be fine.

@ Starrmyt: No Edits, please.

satsumarax

1st generation girl
yinyangcolour-iaza.gif

Kay...
Nice: Dragonair and Dewgong. Both strike me as beautiful graceful creatures that seem t represent innocence and just goodness...
Not so nice: Gyarados and Cloyster. Gyarados to me represents anger and violence and Cloyster looks like its constantly scheming. Trying to take over the world? We shall see...

Status
Not open for further replies.