• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WSC Week 87

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insidious_Dreamer

Dreams = Reality
Sprite_01.png

Sprite_02.png
Sprite_04.png
Sprite_06.png

A New Week, A New Contest!

Following the theme of user-submitted ideas, I give you the second. This idea comes straight from KingAmrag . His concept is as follows:

Theme: Dinosaurs

Medium: Three Scratch Sprites

Another week where the imagination is the key to getting out a lovely looking entry. And this week, it's based on the concept of Dinosaurs. All you have to do is make an evo-line based around the starters, a Water-type, and Fire-type and a Grass-type, all based on a Dinosaur.

So pick the type you like the best, and make scratch the basic form and the first and second evolutions. That's really all there is to it.

Enjoy Peoples!

KingArmag

King of Armageddon
One type, and the 2 evolutions...

EXAMPLE
Fire Basic - Fire Stage 1 - Fire Stage 2

I can't belive my other computer crashed...
It had my entry...
I'll try again

Are we allowed to use flying reptiles like Pteradactyls, or marine reptiles like Icthyosaurus?

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Neenawneenaw etc.

Every young child's dream toy...

A FIRE TRUCK DINOSAUR (also transforms in to a robot with lasers!)
FireDino.gif

Size limit was a pain on the last one.
Water type, duh. Based off a plesiosaur, combined with a fire hydrant, water tank, and a fire engine. Ironically, it's a british fire engine, even though it evoles from a hydrant, which don't exist in britain.
A plesiosaur isn't scientifically a dinosaur, but it's generally counted as one, and if plesiosaurs aren't allowed, then it is in fact a diplodocus with squished feet.

moonlightning

Okay, I'm going to give this another shot, Charizard009, yours completely outclass mine...

Buhbird-> Buhbaqua-> Buhraptor

These are an underwater velociraptor bubble head evo line...
YAY! The transparency worked, thanks Raiga.

Last edited:

ReaperNeku

The One and Only
Okay, I'm going to give this another shot, Charizard009, yours completely outclass mine...

How do you make them transparent? Does it matter?

Don't think they need to be transparent, but remember to make your sprites 80x80 in size

KingArmag

King of Armageddon
Pteradons are not dinosaurs, they are reptiles, so no, they do not count...

And moonlightning, what dinosaur is that?

Editing post later for entry...

-Raiga-

These are an underwater dinosaur bubble head evo line...

To make things transparent put IAZA in a google search bar and click on the first link that shows up. Everything from there is pretty self explanatory, but just post again if you need more help.

Just make sure the color you have for your background is a color NOT used in the sprite. As the program will turn whatever color you want transparent, but say if white is your background, and you used white for the color of an eye or something, that will be turned transparent as well.

moonlightning

Thanks heaps Raiga, that worked perfectly, and KingArmag my dinosaur is a Velociraptor who has a bubble stuck on his head.

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
A second problem with your entry, moonlighting is that I_D usually wants all entries in one image, so it's easier to create the polls. Each individual sprite should be 80*80, but the image can obviously be larger to fit them.

And KingArmag, I know this is your theme, this week, but I don't think it gives you the power to make rules, such as what counts as a dinosaur for the week. Wait until I_D gets back, yeah?

BTW, I get the slight feeling you like Dinosaurs a bit, KingArmag. Is it true? ;)

moonlightning

Aaand, Will-powered Spriter they are all one image, thanks for the tip. There is a lot of stuff to learn when you first do this.

KingArmag

King of Armageddon
The theme is dinosaurs, and technically Pteranadons are not dinosaurs, so it really doesn't count, correct?

And yes, I am going to be a paleontologist, so I do very much like dinosaurs.

@ Moonlightning- It's good that you made it look like a bird. Raptors today= Eagles,Vultures, and etc. Raptor means bird of prey, and that sprite suits that well! ^_^

Almost done with my entry, I didn't get very creative...

ReaperNeku

The One and Only
Could I ask I_D to please extend one more day? I'm almost done but I have something to do today...

~Reaperneku

antisocial464

Black and White
Here's my entry
Thistle.png

They're grass types based on Triceratops/Ankylosaurus and Thistles. The idea is that as they age the frill on their heads wilt and become part of the body.

ReaperNeku

The One and Only
SPINOSAUR8149756506-iaza.gif
DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Rushed so much...

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
King Armag i think you should have gone more lenient on the classification "dinosaur" because not alot of people know as much as you or me.

and next time you play paleontologist, choose a different signature, because the only correct statement on the banner is the latin translation, yo. but i would still like to compliment you on you contest idea!

here is mine.

week_871906888821-iaza.gif

KingArmag

King of Armageddon
Play Paleontologist?

I have been studying dinosaurs for 6 years now, and my studies show that Giganotosaurus lived in the Jurassic, and Spinosaurus and Carcharodontosaurus lived in the Early Creataceous. One estimate says that the bite force could have been 2000 lbs.

Please, do not insult my smarts in dinosaurs, it is a very big part of my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.