1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

WSC Week 88

Discussion in 'Fan Sprites' started by Insidious_Dreamer, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Insidious_Dreamer

Insidious_Dreamer Dreams = Reality

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    A New Week, A New Contest!

Following the theme of user-submitted ideas, I give you another. This idea comes straight from noobiess. Her concept is as follows:

Theme: Previously Done

Medium: TWO Edit Sprites

Another week the imagination is the key. The concept behind what noobiess thought for this was nothing more than the possibility of being able to resubmit any sprite you had previously made for the task of a WSC and make it better than previous.

So you task is simple, take a sprite you created for a WSC before today, and first tell us what the theme originally was, and then submit the new sprite which is an editted version of the first for this week. Do it again for another sprite from the WSC entries you've made, and you have urself an entry for this week.

Sounds fun, right? Enjoy Peoples!

2. But doesn't this mean new entrants wouldn't be able to participate? What about them?

3. Will-powered Spriter

Will-powered Spriter Pokédex Complete!

Perhaps, seing as we've had a break, I_D is going to run two weeks, this one and one that newbie's can join in.

Edit: BTW, what about animations? Can you use an animated entry, and can you animate entries that weren't previously?

Editedit: While we're at it, size limits. Is it going to simply stay the same as the week of which the original sprite was from, and if say, you choose a giant pixel over for the first, and a normal sprite for the second, do they still have to be in the same image?

Anyway, I think I know what i'm going to do. I'm going to revamp/repose my first ever entry and my first ever win.

Editediteditedit: Glows. Infact, just tell us the limits for everything.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  4. noobiess

noobiess 6 different pokemon Staff Member Moderator

hi,
    I came up with this idea, and also thought about the newcommers.
    I posted that the new ones could edit/ make 2 starter pokemon,
    So I don't know whether ID had some other plans or just forgot to mention it, but we'll see

5. -Raiga-

-Raiga- Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that were just redoing something from a previous week, therefore one would assume all you have to do is follow limitations of that week. So if glows were allowed, then you could do glows and so on.

I would also assume that if there was something optional that you didn't do the first time around you could do it now.

I realize I didn't really clear much up given that I'm not I_D, but I think the way I've explained it fits his description in the first post fairly well, and I think its a pretty safe bet this is how it will work.

Also, great idea noobies.

6. Insidious_Dreamer

I will have no issues with people going back and editting any sprite within the rules that were associated with that week. If the week was a glow-week, then you can use a glow. If the week was an optional animation, you can make a new animation or animate the entry you used. My idea for this week was that it would only be for the vets of the WSC, and it helps that there is another week happening at the same time for the newbs, so I'd like to keep this a vet-only week.

Finally, I think pixel-overs and pixel-art in general is not going to be accepted this week in order to keep the entries fairly on par with each other.

7. Tropiking

Tropiking Well-Known Member

Wow this is a great idea. Here's my entry.

From Week 12 it is my Dragon Eeveelution and Week 27 Dratoxirhycor (Opposed Type 4-Sprite Fusion)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's the old sprites for reference:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I didn't know if you wanted them in the same image or not.

8. Insidious_Dreamer

In any week that requires more than one sprite, the image must be one whole image. So yeah, if you could make it one image, pls Tropiking.

9. Will-powered Spriter

Will-powered Spriter Pokédex Complete!

Part one completed! (Well almost)
    Week 8:[​IMG]
    into:
    Week 88:[​IMG]

From Week 8's Three Steel Fusion theme, my first WSC entry, the Masked Cyborg: Skarcariozor!
    No longer suffering from a dodgy knee, a disjointed tail and an arm attatched to his head. I've also given him ears.

AAAAANNNNNND
    Week 28: [​IMG]
    into:
    Week 88:[​IMG]
    From Week 28: My first ever win, the one, the only: MANLYKARP!!!!
    MANLYKARP is quite probably my favourite sprite ever. As such, it's really hard to create something in my mind that looks better. Completely scratch, although so heavily referencing machamp that some bits might count as copied. I kept the face from the original, I could not redo that to my satisfaction. TBH, I still prefer the distorted, cartoony original. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Anyway, I've got four possible entries, I haven't decided which one to use:
    -----------------No Glow---------------------Glow
    Originals included-[​IMG][​IMG]
    No Originals------[​IMG][​IMG]

Edit:
    [​IMG]
    Right, seeing as no-one else has attatched the originals to their entry, I'm choosing this as my final entry. I've edited MANLYKARP a bit more, too.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  10. Insidious_Dreamer

I would expect you to show what they looked like to begin with, yeah, and WPS, don't forget the second sprite, my friend.

11. SHINY CATCHER

SHINY CATCHER Epic Snake is Epic!

Here's my first entry.
    [​IMG]

Based on the All green Sprites in week 82 I think.

WSC Week 82 entry.
    [​IMG]

Will edit in my second entry either tomorrow or saturday.

12. 9dragonbreed

9dragonbreed Arukate Énigme

Top ones are original.

Tyranitar was Week 81. 4-Sprite Fusion.
    Take a dual-typed 'mon. Then, the one you pick becomes the base for the two fusion you do. One of the fusions must be fused with 3 other pokemon of the primary/first type. For the fusion, the 3 extra ones you choose can not be dual-types. This way, we create a One-sided version of the base sprite.
    Tyranitar was Dark Rock so I used it as the base and then fused Dark type only pokemon with it.( Absol, Mightyena, and used Umbreons Colors)

Week 53 3-Sprite Fusion (the name says it all)
    I used Mew as base, added Deoxys arms, and Girintina's wings. Plus a glow.

[​IMG]

13. Lucario9

Lucario9 The Power of Aura

My Entry:
    [​IMG]
    Originals on top.

The first one was from week 73, where you had to recolor 3 'mons gold and silver. The second is from week 81, which is explained by 9dragonbreed. It is a Kingdra fused with Seaking, Feraligatr, and Golduck. (all water-type)

14. noobiess

hi,
    here is my entry:
    It was my first scratch of a fakemon,
    It's from week 42

[​IMG]

it came from:
    [​IMG]

It was really fun to make,
    and actually really weard, I did so many fault that now are so obvious to me, but it was really difficult to correct them because somehow the faults managed to balace eatch other out. :p

I don't know wherther I have to edit anoth week or leave one out.

Hope you like it​

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  15. Fused

Fused Shun the nonbeliever

To be hoenst, at first I thought this idea was dumb, but now I gotta say I had a lot of fun going through all of my past entries.

Anyways, my two redos are fairly early entries of mine, dating back to Weeks 21 and 23.

New:[​IMG]
    Old: [​IMG][​IMG]

Week 21 was to take a pokemon and make it look prehsitoric, while Week 23 was to give a 3-stage evolution line a split evo.

16. Light Venusaur

Light Venusaur Konoha's FMA Ninja

Here's my 2.
    Note: The Azurill is best veiwed on: The Water Pokémon Skin
    Also, as you can tell, the ;471; is an animation....so I can't put it as 1 picture.

Week: 5~Blue/Green
    Original: [​IMG]
    New: [​IMG]

Week: 70~Baby Pokémon Pixel-Over
    Original: [​IMG]
    New: [​IMG]

17. noobiess

Ok since nobodt really answered my question I guess it's ok that I just use 2 of the edited sprites:
    so here they are:

[​IMG]-->[​IMG]

and light venusar: I think I have some bad news for you:
    ID said that you can't do picle overs and stuff in his previous post... ​

Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  18. SHINY CATCHER

SHINY CATCHER Epic Snake is Epic!

Just posting to say I want to withdraw from this week as I won't have time to remake my second sprite. Thanks.

19. Tropiking

Tropiking Well-Known Member

Here's my entry in one image:

[​IMG]

20. Aquakip

Aquakip Mud in my veins

So, my changes don't look very clear, but the sprites are editted. I basically cleaned up the lines and the shading.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]