• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WTF Moments!

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
I'm talking about those moments where you have no idea what just happened. From glitches to story lines you weren't expecting. Post them here!

I was playing Jade Empire and I was supposed to be following someone to a certain place. They ran into another NPC and got stuck. Luckily I played the game before so I knew where I was going.

I also played Mass Effect 1 and was using the rover on the moon. I was getting shot at and my rover was just about done, with the flames coming off of it. When I went into the building and came out, the flames were floating in mid air......on the moon??

Djura

99% chance to hit
Dark Souls. PvP'ing in the Kiln, and this guy invades me six times. In a row. I beat him every single time because overpowered Abyss magic. The third time, he just stood there, as my Pursuers just flew towards him, with his stupid little Crest Shield raised.

Last edited:

PsychicPsycho

I had some playing MW3 today. Playing 'Fatal Extraction' (the Special Ops mission were you pick up intel from dead enemies), I kept getting killed by dogs.Trying to time the right stick press was messing with me- I would either be too soon or late. I decided to do what the game said and wait for the RS prompt to appear- pressing it right after it appeared still left me dead. I'm just like 'yeah, thanks for the advice'. So, annoyingly, I have to go with my instincts when deciding when to press it, which I don't want to do because dealing with dogs is kind of a crapshoot to me.

Also, when playing the same mission, I was once killed by a grenade that didn't exist. There was no grenade indicator, so I was quite annoyed with the game pointing out that I was killed by a grenade, and should watch out for the indicator.
I also played Mass Effect 1 and was using the rover on the moon. I was getting shot at and my rover was just about done, with the flames coming off of it. When I went into the building and came out, the flames were floating in mid air......on the moon??
Lol. I had a lot of WTF moments playing Mass Effect 1, as I would hammer enemies on insane mode with nearly no effect. Defeat the Therian Creepers was particularly memorable.

Also, encountering my first huge group of husks on hard (not because they were hard to kill). They wiped us out in a few moments and I was dumbfounded. I didn't realize how much of an effect their electric attacks could have.

Also again, battling Benezia- I'd get stasised, then there'd be a cutscene when she brings in more enemies. When the scene ended, I'd be stuck in the floor unable to move or shoot- I had to die to get out of it. I think this happened 2 or 3 times.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Final Fantasy VII - Aerith's death. Even now that I'm older and understand the story a lot more, the death is really sudden and unexpected. Not random though as there was a clear motive behind it, just extremely unexpected. Especially when you consider that she's the main female protagonist (IMO) in disc one, you don't expect a character that you're made to like suddenly get killed like that.

Despite all the spoilers that were on the Net before it even hit American shores, I was still surprised by Ghestis attempting to MURDER the Player Character in Black2/White2. I thought they would've dummied that out after the Moral Guardians started squawking "OMG THINK OF THE CHILDREN BAN THIS FILTH HURR DURR DURR" (f*cking idiots...), so...yeah.

Also, Roland's death in Borderlands 2. Since Roland was the last character I played as before getting the sequel, that was more "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" than "WTF?!?", but whatev.

Mark_Chaos

WARP EVOLUTION!
Borderlands 2... Two Ultimate Varkid pods, one despawns while I wasn't looking, and the other Ultimate Varkid that came out of the other pod despawned in front of me two minutes later...

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
In Halo, I hit a checkpoint right as I drove my Warthog off a cliff. That was about one hour of infinitely driving off of a cliff.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Glitches in general (Metroid: Other M in particular).

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I was playing sonic 06 and I was running up a wall in flame core and after 1 second I fall and die (this happened 8 times BTW)

Abstinence Pistols

On the Uncharted 3 "London Underground" multiplayer level where two teams fight on subway cars, the background disappeared completely and was replaced by a dark blue background, giving the impression that the trains were flying/in a snowy area.

It looked like the Polar Express.

Born Better

God of Lightning
WWE 12.Playing Hell in a Cell and got whipped through the cell wall.Had to restart the match.It happened three times.There was also the stretching out of proportion thing.That was just *censored* up.

DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi.All of it

Pringer X x8 and Baal in Disgaea 4.

Meeker

It needs a fence.
!!!MAJOR SPOILER WARNING!!!

Two of the biggest WTF moments would be in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl, and Medal of Honor: Warfighter.

In S.T.A.L.K.E.R., you wake up with amnesia, saved by some random stalker, and you work for a local trader named Sidorovich. All that is on your PDA is the words "Kill the Strelock". Strelock is a stalker that made excursions to the center of the zone, and came back alive. After finding documents on highly classified experiments of psychic weaponry conducted in X-designated laboratories, even after the disaster, and came to an end after a GINORMOUS release of energy that left the land of the Chernobyl Zone of Alienation littered with anomolies. Anomalies vary from fire spewing from the ground, to electrical discharges from the air, to gravitational disturbances that will suck you in and crush you until there is nothing left. Despite the danger they pose, they create artifacts that can do amazing things like restore health or kill radiation. But after you (a.k.a. Marked One) go back to Strelock's stash, one of his friends tells that YOU ARE STRELOCK HIMSELF!!! The makers of this game really must have studied irony.

In MoH, when you are captured by terrorists, Mother, your squad leader from the first game, is asked who keeps calling his phone. Mother whispered into the man's ear and said in what I think might be Arabic, "Your mother." At first I started laughing, as it was hard not to; at least until the guy pulls out a pistol and shoots him in the head! I was left speechless, the man who has led me from the earlier MoH game was now lifeless. Even as a player I felt a burning hatred for my enemies, and the need to get revenge.

PsychicPsycho

I know this is the 'other' video games section, but I had moment in Pokemon today. I was trying to shoot the strange ending for Big Monster 2. The enemy was attacking with Iron Head, consistantly doing about 30 damage each time. It eventually got a critical hit, but instead of just being twice the damage (as I thought it was supposed to be), it was over 4 times the damage, and I was knocked out. I was quite annoyed.

Also, I was playing survival on MW3 today. I was camping out with a turret when the wave was finished, and ran to get some supplies. As I was coming back, despite me being fairly close to the turret, the game spawned enemies right behind it, and it was destroyed in about a second.
Bayonetta. Like everything in that game.
That game was pretty over the top sometimes, but I thought it was cool.
In S.T.A.L.K.E.R., you wake up with amnesia, saved by some random stalker, and you work for a local trader named Sidorovich. All that is on your PDA is the words "Kill the Strelock". Strelock is a stalker that made excursions to the center of the zone, and came back alive.
I stopped reading here. This sounds kind of interesting- what kind of a game is it?