• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WTF Over [spoiler] Evolving Here *Merged*

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
this cantains spoilers so be worned...

so many angering things just came to mind after seeing what was posted on the main page of serebii...if i can remember right there was a thread that had siad what do you think of dawns swinub... and it basically said... do you what do you think of it and do you think it will evlove soon...

and i said no, becuase it hasn't had enough experience yet to evolve...but after seeing it in what, four episodes since then i say its safe to be angrey at the outcome of what happen. do you agree, or not because i remember the discusion of people wonting it to evolve and people not wonting it to evolve...

so know that we know it's going to evolve what are your feelings on the outcome of this...i for sure think it evolved to fast, since it didn't do anything...we didn't even see it eat a lot of food ever again, so i'm just peeved at this evolution.

what do you think...i think they are rushing the show now...don't you...

Last edited:

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Maybe eating made it evolve faster.

Also, they're rushing things, trying to fit in important stuff before the year ends.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Im glad it evoled. Love Piloswine.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Of course they're rushing. They were planning to make Shinou longer than any previous saga, probably 'cause they didn't think they'd have to do another filler saga, but then Platinum and its Battle Frontier necessitated a sudden increase in the pace. "We've got to get through a hell of a lot of episodes if we're going to promote the new video game while it's still current!"

It's Kanto in reverse. The plan was to just do the first eight gyms and get it overwith (I wouldn't be surprised if Satoshi was originally supposed to win first place at the Indigo Plateau), but the games took off like a rocket, a second generation was planned, and the anime had to slow down like crazy. Hence why we got an unprecedented 27 filler episodes between Satoshi's sixth and seventh Indigo League badges, and the whole Orange Islands saga.

This show has never been successfully paced. Like, ever. Regions are either too short (Kanto, Houen) or too long (Jouto, Shinou) 'cause the video games control everything. The anime is just trying to keep up.

thunderblade12

Swinub and Piloswine probably wouldn't have been around for every long even if the writers was going to strech the Sinnoh Saga out for 250 episodes. Thwy're not new pokemon after all

PDL

disenchanted
I don't see how the rapid evolution of Swinub means that they're rushing the entire Sinnoh saga.

My guess is that they have at least 1 or 2 more years. We have absolutely no word on 5th gen games, or even a new handheld to release it on.

The only reason why they've rushed Swinub's evolution is so that they can *really* promote the 4th gen monsters. They just want to get to Mamoswine as quick as they can. The same thing occured with Jessie's Yanma.

Haxon22

iJerk
Well there obviously trying to rush things if they made Swinub evolve so quickly

thunderblade12

They're not rushing everything, just the evolutions of the pokemon from the older generations that have 4th gen. evolutions(Gliscor, Yanma, Swinub)

People where betting from the day that we got that movie 11 poster that revealed Gliscor and Swinub that Swinub would evolve quickly

Silver Scizor

Scizor Master
Hmm, will the series end at around 160 or so? Only time can tell, but estimates suggest it...

~Magic Thunderbolt~

They're not rushing everything, just the evolutions of the pokemon from the older generations that have 4th gen. evolutions(Gliscor, Yanma, Swinub)

People where betting from the day that we got that movie 11 poster that revealed Gliscor and Swinub that Swinub would evolve quickly

Showcase mentality.

RUSHING? They finally introduce some plot, and you think they're RUSHING?

Agreed.

Jash Thor

Bringer of Lombax
RUSHING? They finally introduce some plot, and you think they're RUSHING?

Double agreed. The anime is the best it's ever been right now. It's the same thing that made season 4 of "Lost" so great: by having a definite ending point and/or amount of episodes left, the writers have no room for filler fluff. All that's left is the meat of the story. So what is Swinub evolved so soon, because now we have Piloswine, who is basically the same thing except with tusks! And has anyone else noticed how good the continuity is right now?

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
Double agreed. ... by having a definite ending point and/or amount of episodes left, the writers have no room for filler fluff.

but some fluff is good it helps move the story along...if not it will be as short as the kanto serise was and i wish there was more of that...

All that's left is the meat of the story. So what is Swinub evolved so soon, because now we have Piloswine, who is basically the same thing except with tusks!

no its not. it doesn't respect dawn now she has to controle it or gain it's respect...

if it ends up evolving like how charizard did i'm going to go crazy!!!! or as soon as charizard did...

you know if they are rushing the evolutions so we see the 4 gen. why don't they just run into people that have that pknm with them. it's a was catching pknm and having them not get any screen time and not get a chance to show theyr stuff. i would rather see a pknm that i like with anouther person and they battle it rather then speed up the evolution prosses...

Mela

pasbl. newbie
Dawn's Piloswine Evolving

Well I thought that it was bound to happen so that she could have a Mamoswine but like I didn't think it'll happen this soon! I thought she'd evolve it later in time for the Grand Festival and evolve it again in a filler arc jsut like May's Blaziken.

And then there's the whole personality change, this is just like Ash's Charizard. Wonder what will happen enxt thoughts?

SUPERSTARZZ

The Cool Pip!
I'm shocked, too!

First, I can't believe Dawn will own that Swinub, who I thought should have gome to Brock.

Now, it evolved? What the?

Kipcha

There is already a thread on this, and it is a spoiler. Some people on here wait for the dubbed episodes, not wanting to ruin it, and reading your title kind of ruins it for those people -_-

Anyways, it will probably just be Charizard recycled. Pokemon anime does that a lot.

dman_dustin

I don't think these evolutions are considered "rushed." You kind of have to look at it in a different way.

1. There is only a (max) 52 episodes a year.
2. Pokemon like "Turtwig", Staravia, Chimchar, and other Pokemon have been around a long time. I don't see the problem of them evolving around the same time (within 1-10 episodes of each other)
3. Pokemon like Swinub, Yanma, Murkrow, Aipom, Gligar are not 4th gen Pokemon, so I don't see the problem of them evolving quickly. It would be better if they did do something but they can be showcased a lot in their 4th gen evolutions. Besides they already had their screentime (in other gens), granted not much but just as much as any other showcased Pokemon.

Mela

pasbl. newbie
But how do you think that Dawn will gain Piloswine's trust back? Maybe it will happen in Snowpoint City?