• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WTH @ America's Wii playing Pokemon fans getting boned?

superkal388

Kanto SuperTrainer
Seriously, first we didn't get the Platinum update for My Pokemon Ranch and apparently, with as much time thats gone by, were not getting Pokepark or the WiiWare Mystery Dungeon, both of which looked really cool and fun, this is crap, wth @ Gamefreak and/or NOA???

BCVM22

Game Freak has nothing to do with any part of it.

What basis do you have for saying Poképark and the PMDs aren't coming over? The only thing worse than leaping to a conclusion with nothing to support it is making a completely new thread in which to do it, particularly when Poképark is only five months old.

Go outside and read a book or something. We'll call you if anything pops up.

masterleo

Order Up!
He Does have a point thought.

I mean, it's not the end of the world or even worth swearing about, but it is a little odd they haven't even mentioned a U.S. release.

Cerex

I suppose the mentality for the developers is that the return they could get by releasing it to the West isn't worth the work needed to put get it ready. Ranch wasn't well received, so it is not as if they were is a huge demand for it. Also I am sure they didn't want to see another console game failure, which could damage the franchise's reputation. You are only as good as your last game after all.

wobblecat

awesomeosaurus!
i do agree that both games look really fun, and i would also like a US/Canada release, but its not something to get too worked up about, plus we don't know for sure that there won't be a North American release. for now we can just play our recently released heartgold and soulsilver games to tie us over until information comes in.

BCVM22

but it is a little odd they haven't even mentioned a U.S. release.

Sure isn't. Again, Poképark is only five months old, and unlike the core titles, there's no pattern or associated stipulations as to when spinoff titles see their international release.

And as for the WiiWare PMD titles, the digital distribution model means that all the time needed to press cartridges, print and fill boxes and ship them around the country disappears completely and as such, there can be a much shorter time between the announcement of the release date and the date itself. Case in point, Rumble released in North America on November 16, but that date wasn't announced until late October, not even three weeks before release.

yoshi1001

Pokémon Lyricist
As far as I know, Nintendo's only released their schedule up through June, so PokePark could very easily be coming out in July/August. I believe the only full Pokemon Game not to get a US release is Pokemon Stadium 0 (the original Stadium game in Japan with only a few dozen Pokemon).

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Seriously, first we didn't get the Platinum update for My Pokemon Ranch and apparently, with as much time thats gone by, were not getting Pokepark or the WiiWare Mystery Dungeon, both of which looked really cool and fun, this is crap, wth @ Gamefreak and/or NOA???

Welcome to NA: Where we don't get anything anywhere near as good as the things Japan gets.

As for your question, Mystery Dungeon R/B took 10 months to come out in NA. Take that as an example of how long it might take for other Pokemon games to come over here.

randomspot555

We Dutch still got it worse.

Nope. Europe and Australia have gotten all major events and, of course, all the game releases, just like the US.

The US has only had a handful of event Pokemon distributions that didn't happen in Europe. And none of them were all that memorable, like some special Pikachu that looks like 20 other event Pikachus.

Wat.
Jee, it's not like any possible U.S. release date reveal could happen at a conference or something in the next 3 months.

wobblecat

awesomeosaurus!
Jee, it's not like any possible U.S. release date reveal could happen at a conference or something in the next 3 months.

Are you hinting around an idea? :p
In all seriousness that is a good point, also it'd be cool to see some info on fifth gen. there, but nintendo/gamefreak does seem to enjoy hiding things from us.

ForeverFlame

I have a theory that they're just waiting for the Fifth Generation to come before they do anymore MPR updates, and once the Fifth Generation is out we'll get Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver connectivity, as well as connectivity to the new games.

jellsprout

Nope. Europe and Australia have gotten all major events and, of course, all the game releases, just like the US.

The US has only had a handful of event Pokemon distributions that didn't happen in Europe. And none of them were all that memorable, like some special Pikachu that looks like 20 other event Pikachus.

I am talking about the HG/SS delay thing.
Although I am also still waiting for Hey You, Pikachu!

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Guessing we'll see Pokepark Wii over the Summer. Maybe the newest Pokemon Ranger around Christmas. We'll get the Wiiware PMD eventually but I imagine it isn't high on their priorities list with all the other games coming out. They might save it until there's a gap between bigger ticket games.

Although I am also still waiting for Hey You, Pikachu!

Not sure why you'd want to play that steaming pile. I got suckered into buying it New and all that little monster did was trash my room, scream at me, and try to shock when I asked it to listen.

wobblecat

awesomeosaurus!
Not sure why you'd want to play that steaming pile. I got suckered into buying it New and all that little monster did was trash my room, scream at me, and try to shock when I asked it to listen.

I loved that game! It brings back so many memories from my childhood, I only remember good things about that game, ahh I'd love to play it now!