• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X and Y dub this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

SlimeStack

I guess.

I just really want a simultaneous dub. :S I'm too aware of the news about the Japanese episodes to wait for the dub, and it seems no anime streaming site will license it. So I'm stuck with fansubs of month old episodes. >.<

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
It could mean a lot. But it probably means the XY dub, a brand New Series.

I hope they lift the new series on a higher level with better more adult animations. But we have a long road to that. the first BW trailer was released end of June-begin of July of the release year!

Thriller

Its almost time
Every Generation the exact same questions get asked and the exact same responses come.

Of course the XY Anime starts this year, thats always the status quo, to tie in the anime with the games.

SlimeStack

Every Generation the exact same questions get asked and the exact same responses come.

Of course the XY Anime starts this year, thats always the status quo, to tie in the anime with the games.

We're talking about the dub though. The Japanese version should start when X and Y come out, but what about the English version? Could be simultaneous in October, or it could be delayed as usual to 2014.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Since it's mentioned in conjunction with the XY games, I'd assume they do mean XY. If it would normally start in January 2014 (I'm too lazy to check this myself so I'm gonna assume SlimeStack's right here), they only have to push it forward one month to have it (just barely) start this year. But it could just as well be referring to the dubbed version of DA or even Adventures in Unova.

... Actually, the article seems to say this'll all be preceding the release of XY, which definitely means it's not the XY anime. Whoops.

... On the other hand, though the article says 2013, the title says "the next twelve months", which also gives us the first three-four months of '14, so. o_o

SlimeStack

Since it's mentioned in conjunction with the XY games, I'd assume they do mean XY. If it would normally start in January 2014 (I'm too lazy to check this myself so I'm gonna assume SlimeStack's right here), they only have to push it forward one month to have it (just barely) start this year. But it could just as well be referring to the dubbed version of DA or even Adventures in Unova.

... Actually, the article seems to say this'll all be preceding the release of XY, which definitely means it's not the XY anime. Whoops.

... On the other hand, though the article says 2013, the title says "the next twelve months", which also gives us the first three-four months of '14, so. o_o

When you put it that way it doesn't seem safe to read into any one part of that statement lol.

SlimeStack

I can't imagine them skipping Da!. I mean, I'd like it, because it'd allow them to get onto the X and Y anime 20 or so episodes sooner. But I still doubt they would.

Haunter ゴースト

They don't have to air it, just pull a 5ds and retcon episode N to conclude BW and move on to XY.

They didn't retcon anything in Yugioh GX.

The dub of GX had no ending since they skipped the final season and it ruined things. If they do it with Pokemon then that's yet another ruined anime Dub.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Although this isn't Pokemon, a Sailor Moon anime series is going to be released in July in Japan and America.

You, intentionally or unintentionally forget something: that almost every DA episode is revealed in that poster and they don't have enough episodes to cover until October. Remember that when Iris and Cilan leaves (leaves and returns) the series is over.

It's very rare that the BW anime will last until the end of September/early October and aired the new series like AG and DP.

Exist three posibilities to do between the end of Best Wishes and the release of the XY games in Japan. (I consider a early release if it the series started in September or second half of August).
-1) Air the XY series early.
-2) Air Iris and Cilan special episodes and air XY afterwards early (With a transition epsiode between the specials and XY).
-3) Airing a series of specials until XY's release with air very close (<30 days) with the dub.
-4) Airing reruns of past episodes and air XY with the games' release.

Remember that I don't beleive anymore that the anime is ending in Japan as usual because:
-The BW series seems as finished, specially after Episode N.
-Very few promotions about the DA sub-saga compared to Episode N and Season 2.
-The movie being placed in April.
-Revealing the possible departures of Iris and Cilan very early. And with it, almost all the DA saga. And remember that this poster isn't a leak of something that shouldn't be revealed until months after.
-Ash not having any role to do in DA. If DA was supposed to last longer (25 episodes) it will have a mini-league like OI.

In my personal opinion, I think that they will air a mini-series of specials. Because I think that it will be a Iris episode witht he village of dragons about being Gym Leader, a Cilan epsiode about the gym and their connoseiur career, Brock and Dawn episodes based on the sets of Banpresto. And if I'm further I see a episode regarding Bianca/Juniper and an episode regarding Team Rocket (I said a TR special episode, not a TR finale). And an Ash finale episode where Ash goes to the DA region. That could make 7 episodes, the same as the gap between the end of BW and XY. The Xy series would start as usual in October and they start the dub in November (based on Takara Tomy's announcemtn (yes, Tomy control todays internationally now) that they will release in America toys in November.

Although I will have many cautions (the August 2012 BW kids set don't represent the anime) I will look forward of when it's revealed the list of Bandai Bw kids set for August. This could clarify many things about what is happening based on the contens of the set.

LizardonX

Banned
They didn't retcon anything in Yugioh GX.

The dub of GX had no ending since they skipped the final season and it ruined things. If they do it with Pokemon then that's yet another ruined anime Dub.

In 5ds they made aporia the end all be all instead of Z-One

dman_dustin

Not necessarily. Adventures in Unova began in 2013 and could hypothetically be seen as that

Maybe, but the article was posted today (or yesterday, or recently), clearly referred more to 6th gen.

And it is said new tv series, not season.

And adventures in Unova has been out since February.

That said, if the Japanese anime of X and Y comes out early October, we might get to see it in December, maybe, because they might air it alongside whatever is left in the dub right now. Better chances if it begins in September.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

In 5ds they made aporia the end all be all instead of Z-One

Apologies, I figured you was talking about the transfer from GX to 5DS, not 5DS to Zexal.

I stopped watching after GX so that explains why.

----

I really do hope the XY Anime airs the same time for the US and the Japanese. With MewXY being in Movie 16, I can't help but wonder whether we'll see Movie 16 in the Dub earlier too.

Status
Not open for further replies.