• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X-box 360 or wii?

X-box 360 or wii?

• Total voters

Chris

Old Coot
Yeah, they fail at sales so bad. :(

Nevermind the PlayStation 3 games not selling well, or the lack of ads with actual game footage.

Nevermind that Madden NFL 08, Gears of War and Halo 3 are the highest selling 360 titles.

Good job, Nintendo fanboy.

Evil_Piplup

Chansey God
Nintendo likes to take their time on games. It's not likely that we'll be getting another major Mario/Zelda/Smash game before the next console is inevitably unveiled. So could we possibly get other than that? These are the games Nintendo systems are built under, and we basically are getting all of them this year. But what about 2008? 2009? Where's the games for those years?

I mean, sure, we may get something along the lines of, say, Pikmin, but Pikmin was pretty much just a stroke of luck in an otherwise blown-out system that was graced with such titles as Mario Soccer, Mario Tennis, Mario Bowling and Mario Does His Taxes, along with atrocious 3rd party movie games.

It'll be the exact same with the Wii. We'll get our Zelda (WW/TP), our Mario (Sunshine/Galaxy), our Metroid (Prime 1/Prime 3) and our Smash Bros. (Melee/Brawl), but then what? I don't believe we'll have another game of Pikmin-calibur on our hands.
dude theres NO more heros,PBR 2,Zelda a newer one,a new pikimin ,all the keep in shape games id reather keep fit than be a fat waillord

shread-claw trillion

psychic trainer
personally i like the wii but xbox 360 has better graphics more intresting games and if i did get a wii the only game i like for it is pbr and maybe metroid primme 3

but all in all get the 360

i think wii personaly, sure there are bad ports, but the wiis a "family console" and its better than sitting down hunched over a controller (although that is still fun)

Swampy

Crack the Skye
A tricky situation so I'll try to keep this as short and non-biased as possible. Get a 360. The hardware issues are all-but-completely fixed and it is growing to be the better of the "high tier/cheap-man's high end computer" market. The Wii, while selling fantasticly, is a bit different. Most of the AAA games are still of First-party, with only a few third-party games worth playing. Because we usually only get one of all of Nintendo's marios/pikmin/pokemon/LoZ/ect, it's up to the nonexistent good third-party games to fill the void. With that said, I think that the 360 would be worth your money a lot more than the Wii. Unless, you know, balancing and doing your taxes are something you like to waggle a wand at in the future.

Last edited:

igsey

Yes, I rock ^^
I have noticed a fair few people commenting on the Wii's graphics. Ok, so they're not as good as the XBox 360's or the PS3's, but they are still very good. Look at Super Smash Bros. Brawl - the detail that has gone into characters such as Donkey Kong and Mario! Ok, so they're not life-like, but it would be quite...weird... if characters like Donkey Kong actually looked like what they are based on - in this case, a gorilla.
Also, the graphics of the PS3 and XBox 360 make the console more expensive as well.

So, I say get a Wii. Not only are they (in my opinion) more fun, they are WAY cheaper.

Chris

Old Coot
dude theres NO more heros,PBR 2,Zelda a newer one,a new pikimin ,all the keep in shape games id reather keep fit than be a fat waillord
PBR 2? Not confirmed.
New Zelda? Hardly even mentioned, if even fully confirmed.
Pikmin? Miyamoto's thinking about it.

Good job listing off non-existent games.

i think wii personaly, sure there are bad ports, but the wiis a "family console" and its better than sitting down hunched over a controller (although that is still fun)
Because we all know you have to actually stand up to play with the Wii. ;\

You do realize you don't HAVE to, right?

I have noticed a fair few people commenting on the Wii's graphics. Ok, so they're not as good as the XBox 360's or the PS3's, but they are still very good. Look at Super Smash Bros. Brawl - the detail that has gone into characters such as Donkey Kong and Mario! Ok, so they're not life-like, but it would be quite...weird... if characters like Donkey Kong actually looked like what they are based on - in this case, a gorilla.
Also, the graphics of the PS3 and XBox 360 make the console more expensive as well.

So, I say get a Wii. Not only are they (in my opinion) more fun, they are WAY cheaper.
Yeah, it's all the graphics that make them expensive. Nevermind the hardware in the 360, or the Blu-Ray drive in the PS3. It's the graphics. :)

Enjoy your cheap ports, though.

Zaurfen

Well,personally I was pleased with the previous's generation's graphics,and the Wii can handle at least 2 times better graphics than the previous generation consoles.It's just that we have seen no game that makes full use of its power yet.Mario galaxy doesn't do so either,as in the game you are basicly on a sphere and everything else is a backround map.
Also the Wii has got some great games coming.

If you have the money though,I suggest getting both consoles.Each one for its own capabilities and games.
I agree with almost everything you said...

[AceAussie]

Awaiting October.
I'm getting Both console, Each has a great amount of games due or already out
the Wii and 360 are on PAR for me, I don't care to much for Graphics but they do make the game a greater experience if the gameplay is just right.

Also the Wii is the cheapest because it uses cheaper hardware, If the Wii had a Blu Ray player we could easily expect a $800AUD console.

Swampy

Crack the Skye
azurill said:
and the Wii can handle at least 2 times better graphics than the previous generation consoles
Be sure to check the specs on the Wii. It's an Xbox 1 specs-wise (or two NGCs duct taped together for you Video Game Trolls out there), so I don't see how it can run twice the amount of an Xbox (last generation hardware) if it runs the same clock-speed/ect. \o/

The price of the GPU in the 360 is ~$80 now. If anything, it's the CPU, Motherboard, ect that drives up the cost, not the just the GPU.
Enjoy your cheap ports, though.
Wii = Motion Sensitive PS2 (from a third-party outlook).
So, I say get a Wii. Not only are they (in my opinion) more fun, they are WAY cheaper
Current Price of Xbox 360 Core: 279.99
Current Price of Nintendo Wii: 249.99

Erm, I don't know about you, but 30 USD is not "WAY cheaper" to me.

Swampy

Crack the Skye
Clock speed means nothing. Didn't AMD XP/64 vs. Pentium 4 teach anyone anything?
I admit, you have me on this point. I forgot about the whole AMD/P4 debate. D: The point still stands that, after factoring it's specs, the Wii doesn't run twice as much as the Xbox 1. If you think it does, then show me. If not, then meh.
How do you know that? And unless you use the highest end CPU, the GPU is the most expensive component in a system. The CPU in the 360 isn't exactly the highest end CPU.
The price of 512mb ram, a motherboard, a cpu, a DVD drive, and the ect would add up to cost more than the GPU. ;\ He said the GPU ran up the cost of the 360, I pointed out that there were several other factors that increased the overall price of the system.
Actually Wii = Motion Sensitive Game Cube
When I said PS2 I used it over the gamecube because of the fact that it is getting PS2 ports. I wasn't refering to SDKs.
The Wii gets you a game, and I think some points to use in the Virtual Console (so that's two games).
Indeed, you have that point. What would you consider the pricing of that? Around 10-15 buck, to be fair.
You can only just play games on it.
Can't you only play games on the Wii? .-. Sure, you have a picture channel, but the 360 does the same thing (for the most part) out of the box.
To actually make use of the 360, you need an Xbox live account (which is $50 a year for the features you hear about), and a hard drive to do anything useful (which is another $100 or so).
Yet, with the 50 dollars (which, I'll agree here is stupid to pay for and should be free), you get access to HD content, DL Content, and even IPTV in the fall. Once the Wii does all that, then it can be on par. And you can't use the whole "games systems = games, not media machines" considering you just bashed the 360 saying "you can only play games on it", as if you were implying it should do more. D;

kronos

I prefer Xbox 360 since I don't really have a Wii.

It's a nice choice to buy the 360 at this time of the year since you'll be able to buy Halo 3 and BioShock and all those games.

P.S. (Halo 3 Limited Edition's box is awesome xD)​

Kakumei

夜に踊り疲れて。
Wii any day.

Xbox games are crap. Microsoft should just stick to making computer software rather than video games. >.<

Knight_Ram

I have an Xbox 360... The biggest downfall is that its not free online access.
But there are some descent games to play along side friends online and stuff.

But I am getting a Nintendo Wii. Just for some active movements not just moving the fingers this time..:p

Knight_Ram

I have an Xbox 360... The biggest downfall is that its not free online access.
But there are some descent games to play along side friends online and stuff.

But I am getting a Nintendo Wii. Just for some active movements not just moving the fingers this time..:p

woot21

super noob
Wii any day.

Xbox games are crap. Microsoft should just stick to making computer software rather than video games. >.<

You fail. Please leave this thread, XBox games are not "crap", some are just overhyped. *coughHalocough* Halo is a great multiplayer game, but that doesn't make it a great game since it is based off of a one-player style genre, and the first game was a decent one-player game. Seriously though right now the 360 is the system you should get if you want hard-core gaming, and the Wii is for the fun stuff, PBR, MP8, Wii Sports, games like that.

woot21 out dawgs