• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X Factor Discussion

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
^Ah, that's who Eoghan reminds me of! Leon Jackson. Completely agree, he needs to go.

I see what you're saying about Diana, but there are ways of delivering the blow softly. Whether Diana was sick or not isn't the point. She wasn't very good. When Ruth was sick, they had no qualms in telling her that her performance wasn't that good. Louis was actually very harsh on her ("There are 5 other women singing in this competition, and they're all better than you").

I definitely agree that the standard was well above last week's, and that the results were very pleasing.

Can't wait for tomorrow. We have Rhydian and Same Different performing. Except I don't know many Take That songs so I'm going to be pretty in the dark here. Though I am quite a bit in the other weeks, so it's not so bad.

I call Ruth and Rachel bottom two simply because Eoghan, Diana, Alex and JLS are leagues away in popularity. And when it comes down to it people vote for their favourites despite how they sing. Or at least thats how it seems to go.

BlazingFury

Que Sera Sera
I'm looking forward to tomorrows show, but I think I'll miss Ryhdian as I won't be home :(
I read that Loius and Danni were arguing over who gets to sing 'Rule the World' between Rachel and JLS. In the end Danni won the argument, which is a shame because Rachel will probably butcher that great song :mad: JLS are singing 'Back for Good' now.

I'm looking forward to tomorrows show, but I think I'll miss Ryhdian as I won't be home :(
I read that Loius and Danni were arguing over who gets to sing 'Rule the World' between Rachel and JLS. In the end Danni won the argument, which is a shame because Rachel will probably butcher that great song :mad: JLS are singing 'Back for Good' now.

To be honest I'd rather see Rachel sing 'Rule the World', I think her take on it should be interesting. Besides, she really needs a big vocal to even stand a chance of staying, as does Ruth (even though her 'Angel' was amazing). I fear those two'll be in the bottom 2 though simply because they've been there twice before, which is a shame because I like them both. In a perfect world I'd like to see Oughen go but I doubt that'll happen. :(

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
Crap. Utter crap. The X Factor is a complete disappointment this year.

We have JLS, who have been making average performances recently. We have Diana, who squawks like a chicken. We have Eoghan, the boring young boy who sings High School Musical songs. The only real contender left is Alexandra.

And my favourite act, Ruth, is gone. It's completely stupid. A voice like hers is wasted on that show. I hope she bloody releases a No. 1 single and shows them all.

Diana has been given boring songs lately and I think she does so much better when she has really hard ones like 'Patience' and 'Call Me'. JLS has just been average too and Alex was fantastic as usual.

After last week's performance I was beginning to not dislike Oughen as much. That all changed when he sang a High school musical Track. Whats more is that nearly ALL the vocals in his song were drowned out by the chorus so he did essentially nothing. After his name getting called out instead of Ruth's I now hate actually hate him to the point that I wish death upon him.

I completely agree with Dark Ridley in that Ruth shouldn't have gone. For several weeks in particular her vocals have been FANTASTIC and her 'Angels' was better than Robbie William's. Both her songs tonight were fabulous which is more than anyone else in the competition, save for Alex, can say.

The worst part is that I felt exactly the same tonight when Nikki got voted out over Leon who, unfortunately, went on to win it. But at least it seems that there is some justice in the world as I heard that a character created in Peter Kay's X factor spoof actually got higher in the charts than leon's single.

PurpleMew

no promises
Well what can i say apart from utterly boring and crappy.

The only good thing about yesterdays show was Britney Spears singing Womanizer.

The acts where very plain and boring and Ruth shouldn't have gone because vocally she was s much better than the others.

ChloboShoka

Writer
I'm disappointed Ruth went, I wish the judges could have saved her. I wanted her and Alexandra in the final. I liked all the performances and I think Diana should try a different song this time. Kinda hard now to have a favorite because I don't really care who wins anymore. Rachel and Daniel are gone which is a god send.

The only good thing about yesterdays show was Britney Spears singing Womanizer.
Too bad she didn't sing, all she did was move her lips (Same Difference mimed too though, so I can't really complain) and move around the stage in an awfully revealing and skimpy clothing. I had to lol at this though:

Dermot O'Leary: What did you think of our contestants singing your songs?
Britney: Oh I love London!

Lol. That was classic.

And I'm so sad Ruth is gone. My favourite ever performance by her had to be Purple Rain in week two where she totally destroyed Girl Band in the bottom two. If she gets a contract, she has to release a Purple Rain cover. But her version of Bon Jovi's 'Always' was fantastic. She's so amazing, I'm glad she took it so gracefully. I mean loads of contestants cry or look really angry, but Ruth looked so happy she had even got that far and then gave that last performance (with Louis crying, anyone see that?). She's a true contestant, I mean on the night Rachel took it well too but then in the press she started backstabbing Danni (I'm not a Danni fan but thats just out of order and unfair on her). So I'm glad Ruth took it in her stride.

Also I hate how Eoghan continues to pull the wool over people's eyes. Every week he comes up with a 'problem' that gets 'solved' in the song, yet doesn't. For example: 'The notes in the song are too high for me' then when he reaches though notes they bring out a backing choir so his voice gets drowned out and you can't hear the high notes he struggled with. And then last week 'I have to dance' and all he did was pace about the stage, that's not dancing. At all. I hate it. Every week, he brings up some problem and they short cut it to make it look like he's good when he's not.

Seriously Alex all the way. I wouldn't mind JLS winning, it's just no Diana or Eoghan winning. Please dear God.

Ruth shouldn't have went. Full stop.
JLS dissapointed me last week, they just have.
Diana is really starting to annoy me. All those hand gestures.
Eoghan (sp?) was amazing last week, but that's my opinion.
Alexandra. YOU GO GIRL!

A final note, Simon say he might leave The X Factor after this series.

Last edited:

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
^I can't imagine the X Factor without Simon. That would be strange.

Still ****** off about Ruth. We'll have to see what happens tonight.

Torkoal Stu said:
Seriously Alex all the way. I wouldn't mind JLS winning, it's just no Diana or Eoghan winning. Please dear God.
QFT

ChloboShoka

Writer
I still watch Ruth Lorenzo's always. I'm watching it right now, I would download or buy her singles if she ever released one. Alexandra is doing a really great cover of Un-break my heart. But I had to go WTF at Diana singing girlfriend and then she said her song choicr was emotional, I don't find white flag too emotional myself and Owen's performance was WTF as well.

JLS is getting better. I wish Wish was still in there though.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
JLS NEED to win! I have nothing against the others left, but a group needs to win it for once!

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
I still watch Ruth Lorenzo's always. I'm watching it right now, I would download or buy her singles if she ever released one. Alexandra is doing a really great cover of Un-break my heart. But I had to go WTF at Diana singing girlfriend and then she said her song choicr was emotional, I don't find white flag too emotional myself and Owen's performance was WTF as well.

JLS is getting better. I wish Wish was still in there though.
Eoghan's first performance wasn't the worst, but Diana was utter rubbish both times. If Alexandra doesn't win this, then the show will be even more of a joke. JLS did well tonight, but Alex is in a different league. To add to that, JLS are in a different league anyway compared to Eee-og-han and Diana.

I missed Ruth tonight. Her cover of Always was the song this year for me, no question. I'll be annoyed if she doesn't get a record deal. She might actually make music I like. Either way, I'll probably be buying what she releases.

mangaeyes

Ugh I hate the X-Factor so much its unbelievable.

Why do they even bother? We all know that whoever wins will be another dreary, boring, generic, irritating Leona Lewis who breaths down the microphone and wabbles so that everyone thinks shes so deep and full of soul. Well she isn't.

They all say stuff like 'Ooooh you totally made that song your own tonight' WELL DUH THEY SANG IT. Or how about the old 'I'm gonna rock out tonight with a rock song! Woo I'm such a rockstar' and then they sing Busted or some other awful pop fluff.

The X-Factor really hit my bottom list when Diana (you know Diana, the one who puts on an awful voice) sang an Avril Lavigne song, Girlfriend. To have any song butchered up by the contestants is upsetting enough but when they do it to Avril freakin' Lavigne they have gone too far. Avrils voice is strong and she doesn't need to put on any silly noises like say...Leona Lewis to sell records she does it with 100% talent. Then Diana comes on acting all rock chick (which is something any contestant on a talent show should not be) and just yelled down the microphone in that wierd voice she puts on.

JLS: Keep your hands still ffs. You don't have to wave around like your drowing to sing well. You need talent to sing well.

Alexandra: I wanted her to win until I realised that if she does win she will be turned into another Leona Lewis which is something the world doesn't need.

Eoghan: He does such a stupid face to the audience and tbh its so pathetic that of course hes in the final. The audience love a little kid on a talent show just look at that hideous George Sampson.

Well thats what I think. I could go on about the judges or how the show uses controversys to make up for the mind numbingly boring television they put on. Many of you may say: 'Well why come to this thread' Its because I want to express myself and if thats a problem then just send me a VM and I'll be sure to explain to you what opinions are and how freedom of speech works. I would just like to point out that I do not watch the show. My parents have it on in the back (my computer is near the TV) and I can hear it/watch parts when serebii laggs (btw my parents moan about it to its an enjoyable Saturday night thing).

Done.

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
^Too true. He's the only one who actually tells the truth as well. He was happy to admit that JLS, Ruth and Alex all outclassed his act's performance, whilst the other judges slid their contestants in.

EDIT: YES! YES!

SHE'S GONE!

Diana the Squawking Bird has gone! No more stupid hand gestures, no more ruined classics every damn week! Sweet justice has been served!

Last edited:
Another week goes by and Oughen is STILL THERE! I'll admit that, for him, his first song was good (although I would hardly call Busted of all things rock) but his second song was abysmal. The worst thing about it is that I think he will probably win even though it would be a TRAVESTY if he were too. I say this because after watching talentless fools such as Leon, Daniel and Oughen sail on through whilst Laura, Austin and Ruth go out far longer than they should do, it is glaringly obvious that talent is worth far less than sob stories and such rubbish. He's young and looks vulnerable with his with his hideous facial expressions which in the eyes of people that vote make him DA BEST SINGA EVA!!!

I know that many people here do not like her but Diana is different and she CAN sing, you just might not like the tone of her voice but still she does have talent and deserves a place in the final more than that fool whom obviously can't swim seeing as he's constantly drowning in chorus vocals. Personally Diana has constantly been my favourite with the exception of when she was ill and last week when she had boring songs and Ruth totally stole the show for me. This week however I though both songs were good especially "White Flag" which was my fav song tonight.

Also we must remember that the people that vote do not reflect the entire public as there are many people including myself whom do not wish to waste money on voting. The case and point of this is when Leon won you'd expect him to be successful and not get knocked out of the charts by Peter Kay in drag (I loled at this so much).

Anyway, maybe we could take a change from the negative rants we have here for once and think about what songs out of all the competition we loved. For me "Man in the Mirror" and "White Flag" were the best by Diana and the other songs that I loved were Ruth's "Purple Rain", "Angels" and "Always". All of these I would by tomorrow if they came out on CD.

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Alexandra is probably the only the remaining contestant with any decent quality, to be fair, is the only one I could see break into the US etc.

JLS would be good, but I can see them heading towards the same direction as one true voice a few years back.

mangaeyes

Alexandra is probably the only the remaining contestant with any decent quality, to be fair, is the only one I could see break into the US etc.

JLS would be good, but I can see them heading towards the same direction as one true voice a few years back.

I wanted Alexandra to win but if she does then shes gonna be turned into yet another Leona Lewis/Mariah Carey with there awful dreary, warbbly voices who make silly sounds down the microphone and are then considered wonderful and full of soul.

Whoever wins the X-Factor will just be turned into some more Pop-Fluff like Britney or someone like that >_>