• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X Factor Discussion

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
^ Exactly why JLS need to win it. Eougen (Or however the hell you spell it) is just a weak fool who's dreams are bigger than his stomach...wait, did that come out right? The point is, he's too weak to get this big, just LOOK AT HIM.

As much as i hope that JLS will win, i don't mind if the other chick wins.

COME ON JLS!!!

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
^You can't predict what Alexandra will do. We don't know until we see it. Don't be so sceptical.

JLS might just turn into Westlife, anyway.

EDIT: The Final: OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD

SHE WON!!!

ALEXANDRA WON!!!!

Hah! Well, it was quite a victory too. She started hyperventilating. And she beat Ee-og-han, thankfully, despite the fact that all of Ireland was voting for him.

Hmmm I thnk the X factor is rigged by Simon Cowell,the winners song was chosen for Diana to win,but when Alexandra sung the week that Diana Left you could see that Simon Had changed his mind,Once Diana left I wasn't surprised that she won.Diana would have rocked that song.

Alexandra was hilarious on the Xtra Factor.

Holly: You got to meet with Beyoncé.
Alex: And Will Young. And Mariah. And Take That. And Mariah. And Beonycé. And Mariah.

She was in total shock. And just kept repeating the names of the celebs she met on X Factor. It was hilarious.

I miss the actual show because I was at a party but I taped it, but when I got in and watched it the taped version cut off with Dermot saying 'And the winner of X Factor 2008 is' cause I didn't give it enough run over time. Alexandra's duet with Beyoncé was amazing and her performance of Silent Night, totally blew Eoghan and JLS out of the water sadly. But I have to admit if it was purely based on their versions of Halluljah when JLS would have got my vote, it's a very good song and in my opinion its hard to give it the justice it deserves and I thought JLS pulled it off better than Alex did. Not to say Alex isn't a worth winner.

Also due to the whole controversey relating to Laura and the votes ITV released the exact voting percentages across all the live shows: http://xfactor.itv.com/stories/story-detail/item_100567.htm

Intereting notes:
- Daniel never had the least votes.
- Austin never really made much of an impact.
- Scott came second in week one where Simon gave him a 'bad' song, best move of the live shows for him it seems.
- Laura fell after week one.
- Laura was less than 0.5% away from Rachel the week she was voted out.
- Ruth's votes are all over the place constantly.
- The week Diana topped was her 'comeback' week after her illness, when she needed her votes the most.
- Eoghan topped 6 out of 10 weeks.
- Alexandra never really got many outstanding numbers until about the Final Five.

Alex clearly collected the votes from acts such as Ruth and Laura as they went, so she picked up more fans thus her percentages gained more momentum and she smashed right through to the final. While Eoghan remained constantly at the same average percentage, never gaining any new fans from other acts so since his percentage never really changed he was blown out of the water by Alex and JLS because their new much larger fanbases where too much for Eoghan's consistent fanbase. Or at least thats how the numbers pan out. It's quite interesting really.

For me the percentages made it better, allowed me to put it into reality rather than baselessly speculate.

Though what does make my sad is how Austin and Laura were really undervoted right up until the left and how suprisingly high up Daniel was. Plus I was always a Rachel fan and she got some of the lowest votes there. But I like having anything put in perspective really. Shows how judges comments (and which acts they like)/song choices/sympathy votes/bounce-back-after-bottom-two votes and all that lark reflect what actually happens.

It also shows not everyone with the most votes will win, since Eoghan had the most votes for the longest and on average but he came third. Like how Diana was onset to win from the begining, but came fourth. So that's something too. I'll be keeping these in mind for next year.

Yeah I suppose but still i would have been ok with JLS if i thought it was close.

i feel like putting ome sort of topic up since it's over

What was your Favourite act of the series

Personally it would have been Diana's Hallelujah,since that didn't happen I would say JLS' version of Umbrella rocked.

Last edited:

Golden Mew

I can't believe Diana got sent out. She was so much better than the others.

Ooooh I can't pick a favourite single performances, I can't even pick favourites for each act.

I mean I loved Ruth's performances of Purple Rain, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Love Aint Here Anymore and Always. Ruth was just amazing, especially when she picked her own song in the bottom two. She had such a raw passion about her. Then there's Alexandra's Hallelujah, Toxic, Silent Night and Listen (Listen both with and without Beyoncé). I also loved JLS' Umbrella, Rachel's Rule the World and Diana's Call Me (the only one of her live show songs I liked, I did love it when she sung Hallelujah in Bootcamp however).

There were just so many good performances and from the celebrity guests too. I loved it when Leona came and sung Run. Oooh and Beyoncé's If I Were a Boy, then there's Rhydian's Impossible Dream, Girl Aloud's The Promise and Same Difference's We R One.

A very good year, despite some weird eliminations I didn't agree with (Bad Lashes over Girlband? Laura/Austin in general? Eoghan staying in that long? Ruth coming 5th? Daniel Evans staying in so long? etc.).

Can't wait for Britain's Got Talent next!

DarkRidley

Deals and Issues
Best performance: Ruth's performance of Always. No doubt. Other great performances were Ruth's Purple Rain, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, I Love Rock 'n Roll and the other one that she did on her last night (I don't remember what song it was). I also loved Alexandra's performances - all of them.

The celebrity guests were half-half. Loved The Promise especially (is Girls Aloud fan) and If I Were a Boy, but hated the atrocious version of Run by Leona. She literally ruined one of my favourite songs.

It was interesting seeing the votes on the official site. I couldn't believe Eoghan got that many votes. The whole of Ireland must have been voting for him.

But it was very awe-inspiring seeing Alexandra singing with Beyonce.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I'm glad Alexandra won, but I always thought that Laura should've won. JLS will undoubtedly get a contract, and I'm pretty sure Eoghan will too.

Alexandra with Beyoncé was fabulous!

Out of the three that were left I really do think that Alex deserved to win.

It does make me sad in a way though how both my favourite acts went out before the final (Ruth and Diana) when they left the final was kind of empty for me in terms of fun and originality. Still I do think that Alex was amazing. The celeb pairings were quite annoying this year though, excluding Alex/Beyonce ofcourse though. I almost wanted to throw something at the tele when Oughen came out with Boyzone, it was like the two most annoying forces in the universe converged. I was also annoyed that Louie ruined JLS with Westlife, I always thought that they should be doing more R&B stuff like when they did Umbrella but, unfortunately, Louise is intent on turning them into that Take That/Westlife rubbish that I don't think fits them.

My favourite song of the series was between Ruth's Always and Diana's White Flag, both fantastic songs and I was sad both times as these were the last songs of Diana and Ruth respectively.

mangaeyes

Oh hazzah. Alex wins and she does such a nice little typical Leona Lewis style X-Factor fueled Pop remake of a song.

SHES TOTALLY RUINED THE SONG! She has butchered it up just as I knew she would and she will just be another Leona Lewis I swear to god if this is number one at xmas......

wwe rocks

giratina rules
jls should have won

wwe rocks

giratina rules
jls should have won

ChloboShoka

Writer
My my the votes were all over the place and interesting. I didn't really care who won. I knew it was goibng to be Alexandra because she auditioned before and didn't get in and then she went and won this one.

The same happened to Goerge Sampon on Britian's got Talent right? The jugdes voted him out the votes and then he came back and he ended up winning too.

Ironic don't ya think?

I enjoyed Ruth, Diana, Alexandra, Austin and JLS. I weren't too keen on Lauras to be honest; a female version of Leon Jackson. Eoghan only got votes for his looks.

Siren

The Entity
I was really disappointed that Diana didn't win.. or Ruth at that - Ruth was amazing, and should've won, or atleast've come 2nd.

Alexandra is really good, and was definitely the rightful winner out of JLS and Irish boy, couldn't stand either of those two.
But... think Ruth or Diana could've done more with it. They were more unusual.