• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X-Men: The Extermination of Humanity Information and Discussion

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
X-Men: The Extermination of Humanity

In this RPG, you will be divided into the three groups you have chosen. In the plot itself, your characters are randomly sorted into your groups. So in the beginning your character knows nothing of the Groups. Most don't even know of the X-Men. After the introduction, the characters in their groups will study at the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning where depending on their groups, they will get timetables and will study different subjects. All the subjects, due to the emergency situation, will be about how the thwart Magneto and his evil Brotherhood. But only after three weeks, the studies will stop and each group will be lead by their group leader in missions of defeating and protecting Humanity from the Brotherhood. This will be explained in more detail later in the RPG.

Battle

During the course of this RPG, your character will be confronted by the Brotherhood, sometimes even the Government and using their powers, will be expected to fight. I will control the opposition (Brotherhood and Government) and you will control the government. Your character must use their powers wisely to beat the opposition. I will send some sentinels and sometimes even the main enemies themselves in and you try to kill and/or defeat them but you will have to take care of that, personal issues and character development. I will not interfere in the battle but I will PM you if something neccessary needs to happen (such as not beating Magneto so easily ^^;;). If you ignore me, I'll just post MY version of the battle. I reserve all control over the Brotherhood and the Government but mostthe time I will not interfere. When I'm bored, I may act as Magneto and fight you but that will be VERY rare as I hate godmodding and bunnying. But most the time, the outcome of a battle really depends on you.

Xavier Institute for Higher Learning

Regarding tech learning in this RPG, your character will attend a variety of classes for three weeks. This is like boarding school. Due to the emergency situation, there will be different classes from the original ones. There are twelve classes: Swordmanship, Archery, Magic, Military Training, Power Control, Espionage, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geneology, Mathematics and Physical Education. In your classes, the X-Men teach you new skills and abilities you will be needing in the mission to spare the world from the Brotherhood. It is not compulsory for students to attend the classes but it is wise to do so. The good thing about these classes is if your character is paying special attention in class, they may able to learn new special skills and abilities every once in a while. These skills are called TECHS as you were only allowed 2~4 skills in your sign-up. You CANNOT learn new skills in this RPG apart from in this method. I´ll send you a PM when you have permission to learn a new tech, at which point you can do use it in your next post. Most techs are learned after careful attention in classes, but sometimes special events trigger new tech spontaneously outside classes. Techs are special abilities and skills and there is no limit to how many you can learn. The only limit is the three week period in class, the only time you can learn TECHs apart from special occucations and/or events.

Weapons, Accessories and Items

Every once in a while your group may stop in at special location such as Latveria, where your mission requires you to visit there and do what is required (such as inflatrating the CERN) When your group goes to a special loacation, you will receive weapons and/or accessories. I choose what these are. But the rest is up to you. You can make up that your character had pciked a card key off the ground, etc. As long as it is in reason. It is probably a good idead to PM me first before you make your character picks up any accessories off the ground.

Sometimes we´ll find Items or Weapons/Accessories (such as Shot Guns, Smoke Bombs and card keys) during our travels. Regarding Items I´ll just post when we find something, and regarding Weapons and Accessories I´ll tell you when you have permission to find one, as with special locations. Be within reason. Be logical.
Post here for any questions and inquiries.

The actual RPG has now officially started. Direct yourself to the RPG. X-Men: the Extermination of Humanity

Last edited:

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Why do we have to have heath points, shops and such as if it was a video game like X-Men Legends? Might be better to do without them I think. This is an RPG on a message board. I don't mind. I'm just curious as to why you did it this way and not like other RPGs I've been in. I thought we'd just post and you'd throw events at us like this:

You send some sentinels in and we try to kill them but we take care of that, personal issues and character development.

Like so:

Mateo
------------

I'm stranded here in this universe. I dunno what's going on but all I want more than anything is to just go home to Aquita. God. Aquita. My pregnant wife must be worried sick about me. And I know first hand what worry, anxiety, fear etc does to a pregnant Aquan.

*flaps wings and looks for help and sees Archangel*

What the?! Another guy with wings? Who's this blondie?

It just made things realistic you know instead of worry about energy points and the like. The X-Men in the comics don't worry about stuff like that and that's what I thought it'd be. Like the comic. Not like a video game. Is this only for battles? I can see it being just for training sessions where people lose/gain points but not in a firefight.

Oh and what role will the seasoned trio have? Quetzal, Chronos and Whisperwing are already heroes in their reality. All those three want is to get home. I can assure you Mateo won't be one for sitting down in class. He was already traned by an Xaiver-like guy named Stan Whitefox.

LX

Last edited:

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
In answer for Ledian's questions, okay, I'll do it the original way. See, to make a good RPG, you have to suggest an idea and then your participators then modify it and suggest their ideas. That is why I just threw a random idea at you guys, this helps improve this RPG and make it more interesting. So there! I'll do it your way Ledian, and I made up the TECHS thing after quite a few guys said they wanted more skills. You do have to attend class, it in't compulsory but I suggest you do as you can learn TECHs and more... But you don't have to though. Believe me, those classes are there for a reason. So I'll change the battle system and ommit the shops but you will DEFINATELY have to go to the special locations as part of the plot, such as Group A and B will have to go to Latveria and battle Dr Doom. It's part of the plot. The Special Locations aren't shops, you don't buy things but you may be given some useful things and neccessary things (such as a card key to the secret headquaters of the Brotherhood). Some required TECHs, others such as card keys are self-explainitory. I omitted the whole food, inventory and shops thing and editted the battle system.

Power Shot

Reignited with Ego!
Heh heh, I think Chronos would take a swing at Professor X if he tried to put the metalhead in a class.

Slight note, Chronos will arrive in the same way as Quetzal and Whisperwing, but he won't be coming to the Acadamy in the same way. It will involve random violence, and possibly a fight with Wolverine.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Professor X will suggest it not dictate it ^^; That's not Xavier's style. As I said though, you cangain TECHS through classes but you don't have to attend the classes.

Power Shot

Reignited with Ego!
Slight note, I will not be on for a few days owing to a trip I am taking. I am leaving Ledian and Nylf to intro our characters, but I will do Chronos arriving at the Acadamy.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
Let's hope we start tomorrow, then or tonight. MW, why don't you start this tonight and we can get started? Oh and Mateo's not going to be happy about this situation. He wants to get home. Probably moreso than Whirlwing and Chronos.

LX

Psychic

Really and truly
Yea, I really want to start soon. I rarely ever use dark loner characters, and I'm just itching to make SwiftShadow all emo and stuff.

Sayashu isn't gonna want to attend the classes, but I think she could benefit from taking the classes on Espionage, seeing as that's her greatest strength, really.

This might sound odd, but I'm kind of worried about power-playing. Some characters have a lot of extra powers, and advantages over the other characters. I don't know how good anyone is and how well you guys will keep your power levels down so you don't seem better than anyone else (eyes shift to the Shiny Flygon who can randomly transform into a Shiny Rayquaza). It's really ridiculously easy to power-play in this sort of RP. I know it isn't my RP, so I guess I just have to trust masterwannabe's decisions.

I look forward to RPing with you all,
~Psychic

Last edited:

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Cool. Then it's agreed to start tonight? Okay. We'll start from two hours from this post. I'll keep this Thread open as it will be neccessary later on. Post here for any questions. I agree with you Psychic. I knew Power-Playing will be easy in this RPG so I WILL be keeping a close eye and I may have to rewrite your post if you power-play. I remind you again, I hate God-modding and Powerplaying. You may use SOME bunnying but you can ONLY use No Out of Character Bunnying. Nothing else. So don't suddenly make somebody's character go cheerful if there have gone through severe emotional stress. ^^; I remind you I personally HATE bunnying in any form but this type of bunnying is neccessary to keep this RPG running smoothly and to keep the pace going. It will be appreciated NOT to use bunnying at all. If you want to bunny, make logical, make descriptive and be simple. Do not use this as an opportunity to put other characters into dialogues they do not wish to be involved in. For dialogue, discuss what your character is going to talk about via the PM system. This RPG is about to start. Please direct yourself to the RPG

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
Sounds good. ^_^ Nice explanations of how things work! Thanks. I'll go and post now.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Because my examination period is coming up VERY soon, I wouldn't be able to post for a long time. I'm thinking of appointing a Co-Owner so they could take care of this RPG while in my absence. I need someone who is diligent, posts regularly, able to do what is needed, a good RPG-er and has a good understanding of the Marvel Universe. Is anyone up fot it. I need a Co-owner really soon because of my exams...

Power Shot

Reignited with Ego!
And the Award for the Most Obvious Statement in this Thread goes to...

*opens ballot*

ME, because I think Ledian_X should be the Co-Owner. Enough said on the matter.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Let's see what the others have to say.

S

Shadowcat

I say Ledian_X. He's generally really smart and such.

Oh, and, are we allowed to have relationships? XD. That would rock.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Yes but discuss stuff like that via PM. You don't want to spoil what will happen to other RPG-ers. ;)

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
I'd be honored but I was hoping you could do the seminar. If you'd like I could do a Prof X style seminar flanked by the X-Men. The seminar would also be broadcasted to the Baxter Building and to Avengers Tower. Mateo and the others'd be there in the back.

That way, we can sort of get things on the road. So, yea. I know a lot about the MU. So does Power Shot (since I told him a lot of it) and Nylf.

But, let's see what the others decide.

LX