• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

X Nuzlocke Team Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordfish

Flying Fury
I am at the 7th gym, and after my Exeggutor died, I needed to fill the spot in my team with someone who preferably effective against psychic.
This is my current team, who i would prefer not to change(but i am open to moveset changes!):

Clawitzer @Nothing Lv.42
Mild
Mega Launcher
-Surf
-Water Pulse
-Smack Down
-Swords Dance
Smack Down+ Swords Dance are just filler until i get enough heart scales to get him some actually good moves. Plan on having him with a variety of types for different situations.

Gyarados @King's Rock Lv.47
Bashful
Intimidate
-Aqua Tail
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Rage
-Dragon Dance
Physical sweeper, hasn't seen much use lately because Aqua Tail misses so much for me, but as soon as I get Waterfall, he will be ready to go. Ice Fang for Dragon/Ice types, Dragon Rage mainly so I can weaken wild Pokemon reliably, and Dragon Dance for setting up on a tough opponent.

Snorlax @Silk Scarf Lv.48
Quirky
Immunity
-Strength
-Power-Up Punch
-Belly Drum
-Rest
This guy is my special wall, taking almost any special attack with ease. Hits pretty hard with Strength + Silk Scarf + STAB too. Strength over other moves mainly for utility in the field, and he hits hard enough anyway. Most of his other moves are just for setting up, power-Up Punch for attack boost, Belly Drum for a risky but powerful set-up, and Rest is really just filler until a better move.

Slurpuff @Nothing Lv.50
Naughty
Sweet Veil
-Play Rough
-Energy Ball
-Facade
-Wish
Slurpuff here was kinda weak up until I got Play Rough. Just destroys anything he finds that isn't a Steel or Poison type. Wish is for a way to heal, or to heal mid-battle on himself or another Pokemon.

Charizard @Charizardite X Lv.51
Naughty
Blaze
-Fire Fang
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Roost
Charizard got SO overleveled in Ramos's gym. Fire Fang and Fly for STAB, Dragon Claw for the occasions that I do mega-evolve, and Roost for a reliable source of recovery.

My options are:

Gourgeist @Nothing Lv.40
Rash
Pickup
-Shadow Sneak
-Bullet Seed
-Trick-or-Treat
-Leech Seed
Not really sure about this one, didn't do too well in training, although I would like to use him to replace my grass type while simultaneously being effective against Olympia's psychics. But hey, its there.

Gengar @Nothing Lv.40
Bashful
Levitate
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Dazzling Gleam
-Substitute
Originally was going for Gengar, except I forgot he was poison type. He had really crap except fro Shadow Ball, so I taught him some special TMs. He would probably be the strongest except he could die really easy, and I don't want to train him up just for him to die in Olympia's gym.

Vivillion @Nothing Lv.40
Lax
Compound Eyes
-Bug Buzz
-Psybeam
-Draining Kiss
-Roost
One of my first captures, swapped out for Exeggutor when I got her, but then after her death, I was not sure if I should use her again or not. Bug Buzz would be pretty strong against Olympia though, and she does have Roost, so I am slighlty leaning toward her.

I can't decide between them, and some help deciding would be appreciated. Keep in mind that this is a nuzlocke though, so i can't just go and catch a Pokemon to use.

Last edited:

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I took a short look and think that vivillon could use Hurricane. With compoundeyes it has a 91 accuracy and it has a 30% chance of confusion, which is nice. It could easily use it over draining kiss or psybeam.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Ok, first tip is, you can get the Gengarite by this point from a person in Laverre City, so do it. Mega Gengar has terrifying base stats, including some extra bulk, speed and SpAtk. With those stats at that level, Mega Gengar will probably have little to no trouble with the gym.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
You definitely don't need two water types, especially since that will benefit you in no way against the remaining gyms. I would replace either of them (I would swap out Gyarados, but that's just me) for either Gengar (since you can, as noted, get the Gengarite) or Vivillion, or go with both since you would then have two slots available. But either way, drop one of the water types.

Status
Not open for further replies.