• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

x. Pop-Pop 2.0!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
HoennMaster, I loved the long hair in Rihanna's video too. She's kept this ugly hair style long enough, switch it up! I like Rated R, critics liked the album, it was just a change not everyone could handle. I saw her on Ellen and despite this tough as nails persona, she's still a sweet girl.

See I find it annoying the whole "I have a crush on Beyonce" thing. I feel like he has a rolladex of about 5 answers he brings to most media outlets. I like the kid and I bet as he grows up he'll be able to speak with more depth. Guess I can't blame him, he's a 15 year old guy. He better watch his ego though.

I don't think anyone knows anything about Brit's next album other than the fact that the first single is alledgedly produced by David Guetta. I want Britney to keep the brown hair, if the albums anything like producers are saying its forming out do be, I want her to kill it...and take creative charge.

HoennMaster

According to one article, don't now how reliable it is, Britney wants a n upbeat album, but one that has emotional and meaning full lyrics. I really hope she puts a lot of work into this album. She did with In The Zone and that album is great.

Also, I guess Lady Gaga is going to be working with Britney for Brit's album. I hope that is true!

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
I get the feeling Britney's Next Album won't be out till June-October, May at the earliest.
It depends, if they want a Summer Release like the rumours are saying then she should have it out soon but Jive love releasing her Album's at the end of the Year so it could go either way.

Also I have decided Namie Amuro is my Second Favourite Singer, coming just after Britney, she's just so cool and her song's are amazing, Past<Future is a Great Album^^
BoA come's in third^^

Last edited:

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
I also think it will be later on. I don't even remember hearing about Brit being in the studio. She went to the Grammys, had a court heiring and has been spending time with her children. Hopefully we hear something new by late March. I want a single soon though but she should take the time with the album. If she plays her cards right, she could have a single/album "of the summer".

I'm skeptical about the whole GaGa collab. I don't know if I could see it working but Britney needs to start working with other artists. Her past what, 8 singles, havent been collaborative efforts.

HoennMaster

Well the media doesn't give a damn about her career sadly. I'd like her to work with other artists, but I wouldn't say she needs to, most of her songs are great with or without anyone. Actually, she hasn't a collaboration since Me Against the Music, so that makes her past 14 singles without a collaboration.

koolhk

A fresh new start^_^
Well the media doesn't give a damn about her career sadly. I'd like her to work with other artists, but I wouldn't say she needs to, most of her songs are great with or without anyone. Actually, she hasn't a collaboration since Me Against the Music, so that makes her past 14 singles without a collaboration.

I also think it will be later on. I don't even remember hearing about Brit being in the studio. She went to the Grammys, had a court heiring and has been spending time with her children. Hopefully we hear something new by late March. I want a single soon though but she should take the time with the album. If she plays her cards right, she could have a single/album "of the summer".

I'm skeptical about the whole GaGa collab. I don't know if I could see it working but Britney needs to start working with other artists. Her past what, 8 singles, havent been collaborative efforts.

a. The Funny thing is, alot of fan's believe Madonna ruined that song^^

b. She was in the Studio during her trip to Miami last Month and it is believed when she was in the Studio with Max Martin last July that she was recording more then "3" (she spent 3 Days straight or so recording, I doubt that was all for "3" especially considering she Record's fast),
Danja also said he would be recording with her soon and Darkchild apparantly went in the Studio with her in January^^

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Lady Gaga's next single
GaGa's next single is rumored to be "Alejandro", as she is apparently casting for the music video. What region the song is released as a single in, however, we do not know.

Speaking of GaGa, even more information about the "Telephone" music video has been released! Semi Precious Weapons are going to make a cameo, and apparently they die in it! The lead singer of SPW said that "It's very Tarantino-inspired, sort of like violent melodrama glamour". GaGa also compared it to her epic "Bad Romance" video, saying "I feel so bad for the ‘Bad Romance’ video ’cause the ‘Telephone’ video’s so much better. What I like about it is it’s a real true pop event". I don't know about you, but I thought the music video for "Bad Romance" was pretty freaking good, so if "Telephone" is to top that...man, I CANNOT wait for this video!

Also, GaGa's debut album 'The Fame' has become the highest selling digital album by a solo artist ever in the US, selling 605,000+ digital copies alone. AND it's on it's way to being certified triple platinum. Congrats!

Actually, only two out of ALL her singles ever released have had a featured artist on them: "Me Against The Music" and "Boys". And even then, "Boys" originally didn't have Pharrell in it, but was remixed as the 'Co-Ed Mix' for the single version. Now there's nothing wrong with that, infact, some artists are a little too collab-happy [I'm looking at you, Beyonce]. But it's always nice to see Britney working with other artists and trying new things/sounds.

And finally, the music video for Leona Lewis' lastest single "I Got You" has been released! Click here to view it on her official YouTube page.

J-boogie200

I heard Janet is coming out with an album, and does anyone like PCD's song Hush, Hush?

It's awesome, I've been sleeping on it. I'm telling you, if Nicole wasn't there, there would be no PCD.

All the girls are awesome though.

Does anyone know when Hilary Duff's next album is?

Also, Selena Gomez's Naturally is awesome. I've loved Falling Down and Tell Me Something I don't know as well.

Demi can sing, better than act.

Selena can act better than sing.

Miley, is the best at balancing them out, however.

Also, did anyone watch the semi-musical Starstruck, or listen to the album on Disney?

Not bad!

Why does everyone hate on Lady GaGa??????

She's no John Lennon, but no body complained when David Bowie, or Bjork were doing the EXACT same thing.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Gaga and Brit actually collabing was confirmed to be a rumor, however, I wouldn't doubt Gaga writing for Britney, after all, she did Quicksand

Also I have decided Namie Amuro is my Second Favourite Singer, coming just after Britney, she's just so cool and her song's are amazing, Past<Future is a Great Album^^
BoA come's in third^^

It's too bad IDENTITY was HORRIBLE or BoA would still be one of my favorites :(

Why does everyone hate on Lady GaGa??????

She's no John Lennon, but no body complained when David Bowie, or Bjork were doing the EXACT same thing.

Because it's gotten old and stale, and people treat her like she's an original. At least, that's part of it for me. See, stupidity loves company. I'll also say that I find the subject matter of her lyrics banal.

P.S. I'd love to quote Alice Cooper about Marilyn Manson and apply it to her, but God knows that that's old and stale and probably equally banal.

HoennMaster

Speaking of Gaga. Has anyone looked at the new photos of the Telephone video....crazy.

Oh and has anyone seen the new pics and video of Britney's 2010 Candie's ads? She looks amazingly hot. What I loved was that she really is opening up and becoming more like the pre-breakdown Britney. She's laughing, having fun, and saying more then 3 words. A good sign!

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
Yup, she looks great, now let's here some new music to go along with the campaign. It sort of worked with Radar, which was a little like an extended Candies commercial.

I don't think Gaga has become stale. She's good at staying fresh in everyones mind. A lot of people complain that she went too "out there" after Just Dance and PokerFace. I think those songs were just what she needed to achieve mainstream success and then she was free to do whatever she wanted after.

People compare Tik Tok to Just Dance but Ke$ha won't achieve the same success, number one singles don't solidify you as an artist, artistry solidifies you as an artist.

It's less her that's gotten old and stale so much as the whole... extravagant outfits and ludicrous stage show masque. I admit it can be reasonably cool, but somehow Gaga never makes it work (probably because the blatant sex appeal kills it before I can try to care). I'm not a fan of her music at all (take note that most of the pop music I listen to is fairly old), which probably also has an effect on it.

number one singles don't solidify you as an artist, artistry solidifies you as an artist.

I can agree with this, but while artistry solidifies you as an artist, it doesn't solidify you as a popular artist, otherwise wouldn't Sparks (the Mael Brothers' band) be one of the biggest acts ever? (Certainly they were influential and occasionally had modest hits, but they remain a relative obscurity. To me, those who are "solidified as artists" are known reasonably widely by people who aren't artists themselves and/or who dig for obscurities for shits and giggles.)

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
Mariya Shidou, I am a GaGa fan yet I agree with you to a degree. The outfits can be too much and in a way, the sex appeal may be distracting. I guess, to be successful in mainstream you need that element.

I don't think I like the direction for Telephone. I mean, the song is so light and the video is looking like overkill to me. A sequal to Paparrazi? Hopefully it turns out okay, I wasn't even a fan of Bad Romance as a video, it was praised but the imagery was a tad tiresome to me.

Mariya Shidou, I am a GaGa fan yet I agree with you to a degree. The outfits can be too much and in a way, the sex appeal may be distracting. I guess, to be successful in mainstream you need that element.

I feel that this shouldn't be how it is, despite it being true. However, I'm sure I've made that obvious before. I far prefer artists who can readily be remembered for their art more than controversial, outrage-inducing (to the general public...) performance.

And if I've said anything to offend anyone lately (I'm sure I have...), sorry. I'm just not a fan of Lady Gaga overall. She's never "stuck" with me.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Alot of people are saying Ke$ha will crash and burn soon , and her fame will end. The problem is I think Ke$ha is gonna have a hard time getting her other songs out there since Tik Tok is just gaining and gaining. Her new single Blah Blah Blah already got success before a single. I'm waiting for her music video to come out though.

Status
Not open for further replies.