• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

x. Pop-Pop 2.0!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoennMaster

I guess "The Fame Monster" will also be available in a single disc meaning you don't have to re-buy The Fame. You can just buy the new songs.

gtab x3

I don't really like the song but I liked this video. It really had nothing to do with the song. And the parts when she is in the bathtub her eyes are huge! lol but I still liked the video..

Totally notcied that, it was soo freaky.

My opinion is that the video was too boring, i think she was trying too hard.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Visually, the video rocks.

Concept wise, boring and not her best video.
I know this is your own opinion, but I cannot grasp how you think "Bad Romance" has a boring concept.
From what I can gather from watching it myself, as well as tidbits GaGa has said about it, basically she has been captured by this bathhouse which specializes in human trafficing and they try to brainwash her [which she fights, as seen in the video]. The reason for this is they want to prostitute her to the highest bidder of the mafia-esque group that her and the dancers perform for. She would basically be a sex slave for this person [the guy with the golden chin thing] who she is most likely not attracted to and morally repulsed by, hence, a bad romance. But GaGa's not going to take it, so she burns the SOB to a crisp. Ahh, revenge.
I fail to see how that's a boring concept at all. And how some of her other videos are better when videos like "Just Dance" and "Beautiful, Dirty, Rich" are not as visually or conceptually brilliant. "Just Dance" is about a house party...that's it! I'm not attacking you or anything, just using you as a platform to address everyone who doesn't like the video.

So yes, if you couldn't guess, I do indeed like the video for "Bad Romance". I think it's genius. Though I have to agree with others about the large pupil thing. Large pupils are just plain creepy, and I really don't see why they were needed. I love her little black outfit with the crown to the side, she looks so fierce in it! The one thing I'm wondering is if the polar bear skin coat she wears in the video is real or not. If it is, not cool, as how could you stand up for gay rights and not preventing animal cruelty? I know GaGa is all about fashion, but I hope that hasn't blinded her, especially since PETA will be all over her ass!

I guess "The Fame Monster" will also be available in a single disc meaning you don't have to re-buy The Fame. You can just buy the new songs.
Yeah, I heard that. And I don't really get it. Sure, it's better for people who already own 'The Fame', but if there's going to be an option to buy the whole album or just the new songs, why even re-release 'The Fame'? Why not just market 'Monster' as an EP?

And while we're on the topic of GaGa, I honestly don't really like "Telephone". Granted I've only heard it once, and there's a 98% chance it will grow on me, but right now it's just kind of average. I love that Beyonce is in it, but it's too cluttered, there's too much going on all at once. And where on "Bad Romance" you could really hear GaGa's vocals, they get lost in all the noise on "Telephone". So far I like "Alejandro" a lot better.

Anyone seen the news about the controversy with Britney Spears in Australia? I find it so funny that this is the first time Britney has ever toured there and now there's this big uproar that Britney herself has been very vocal about making her upset. Australia better watch it or Brit-Brit may think twice before touring there again! And the whole controversy is so stupid. Please spare me the handful of YouTube clips where she's actually singing live, like "Everytime" on the Onyx Hotel Tour. The point of the matter is, no matter what she does choose to sing live, Britney lipsyncs on her tours. Period. And anyone with a brain should not be surprised by that. Besides, fans don't come for the singing, they come for the spectacle of it all.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Concept might have been the wrong word to describe the video overall, but the concept itself isn't all that clear.

And apparently a lot of the bad press was just rumors spread by a reported, although plenty of other reports took her to the cleaners and defended Britney.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Getting The Fame Monster split was a fight with Gaga's label, they wanted it as a rerelease, she wanted it as an EP, she finally kinda won, that's why the marketing has been so confusing

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
Telephone follows several pop/electro traditions but the dynamic of Lady GaGa and Beyonce is great. The lyrics are nothing new but they both put emotion into them anyway. The beat is crazy and the telephone noises are a sort of novelty. These two artists aren't trying to change pop was we know it, they just wanted to work together and have fun, and the result is excellent.

FusionSonicX

It's Lil' Kim, ho!
Telephone follows several pop/electro traditions but the dynamic of Lady GaGa and Beyonce is great. The lyrics are nothing new but they both put emotion into them anyway. The beat is crazy and the telephone noises are a sort of novelty. These two artists aren't trying to change pop was we know it, they just wanted to work together and have fun, and the result is excellent.

Yes, yes and yes.

oh, yeah, before I forget, Rated R sucks

I concur. I think she's trying way too hard to be "bad ***" and "gangsta." Doesn't really work. I do love Fire Bomb though!

Chris-kun

i still believe
I canceled my preorder, I really didn't like Rated R :( It's a shame, because Te Amo and Russian Roulette were AWESOME.

Telephone is so amazing, I didn't think Beyonce and Gaga would sound so good together, but they really do <3

HoennMaster

I guess I might just have to buy Russian Roulette then. That's the only song I've heard so far that I've really liked. Geesh, Chris Brown knocked the good old pop out of her.....

I just listened to The Fame Monster today. Very good album. I was worried Gaga wouldn't be able to make another album as good as The Fame, but she proved me wrong.

Aww, isn't this a cute picture of Britney and her kids?

http://theblemish.com/2009/11/britney-spears-looks-good/britney-spears-bikini-australia-03/

Last edited:
I guess I might just have to buy Russian Roulette then. That's the only song I've heard so far that I've really liked. Geesh, Chris Brown knocked the good old pop out of her.....

I just listened to The Fame Monster today. Very good album. I was worried Gaga wouldn't be able to make another album as good as The Fame, but she proved me wrong.

Aww, isn't this a cute picture of Britney and her kids?

http://theblemish.com/2009/11/britney-spears-looks-good/britney-spears-bikini-australia-03/

Wow that is a great pic of Brit and her kids :)
and I agree with you Chris Rated R is really crummy..

Status
Not open for further replies.