• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

x. Pop-Pop 2.0!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
I kind of agree. I mean the ackward costume changes and the weird concept kind of turn me off. GaGa actually doesn't look bad in the face department (the close up shots in 'Bad Romance' weren't flattering) and beyonce is doing her usual. I like the idea of these two working together I just didn't get the concept or lack thereof.

J-boogie200

Corrected your error there

Since when can an opinion be right or wrong. One word: Never

I'm so over this let's say anything critical about Beyonce, Kanye, or Rihanna, but glorify Britney and Gaga all day long.

People are entitled to an opinion, and it's understandable that Gaga and Britney are very popular on here, but it's like only a few acknowledge Beyonce's talent, who to me, is better then Britney.

Beyonce > Britney

Janet Jackson > Lady Gaga

Leona Lewis > Taylor Swift

Kanye> Justin Timberlake

gtab x3

i like the chorus of the songand nothing else everything else was pretty bad.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Since when can an opinion be right or wrong. One word: Never

I'm so over this let's say anything critical about Beyonce, Kanye, or Rihanna, but glorify Britney and Gaga all day long.

People are entitled to an opinion, and it's understandable that Gaga and Britney are very popular on here, but it's like only a few acknowledge Beyonce's talent, who to me, is better then Britney.

Beyonce > Britney

Janet Jackson > Lady Gaga

Leona Lewis > Taylor Swift

Kanye> Justin Timberlake

So instead let's be critical about Gaga and Britney and glorify Beyonce?

I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that. When someone makes good music, regardless of who they are, they get glorified. Beyonce has had Single Ladies, and Sweet Dreams that have been excellent. Video Phone is NOT. In my opinion, which, as you said, can never be wrong. Also, NO ONE can deny that Rihanna's album is REALLY bad, and a complete step backward from GGGB.

rickyriffle

Trick Room Expert
So instead let's be critical about Gaga and Britney and glorify Beyonce?

I'm sorry, it doesn't work like that. When someone makes good music, regardless of who they are, they get glorified. Beyonce has had Single Ladies, and Sweet Dreams that have been excellent. Video Phone is NOT. In my opinion, which, as you said, can never be wrong. Also, NO ONE can deny that Rihanna's album is REALLY bad, and a complete step backward from GGGB.
Well Rihanna was beaten up and I guess lost it, yeah her new album sounds like **** I will NOT buy it, maybe she'll work on it for next time.

And LAdy Gaga and Beyonce video Phone thingy is the lamest video ever. I didnt like it at all.

FusionSonicX

It's Lil' Kim, ho!
Why does "she got beaten up" always get brought into the conversation? What the hell does that have to do with how music turns out? Britney went to absolute **** but Blackout is and always will be here greatest album. Hell, Chris Brown did the beating and his music is turning out to be ten times better than what Rihanna is putting out.

That's no excuse.

maybe she'll work on it for next time.

Seeing as she co-wrote most of the songs from Rated R and wrote nothing for GGGB, let's hope she doesn't. :)

And lemme just say, I fell out at Leona Lewis > Taylor Swift. I can't stand Taylor, trust me, but Leona? That was hilarious. Kudos to boogie. I honestly didn't even know she had fans.

Edit: I don't know what you're talking about though. Britney and Gaga aren't "glorified all day." People on here said they hated 3 (or it's video) and/or Bad Romance (or it's video).

So... :/

Last edited:

J-boogie200

I actually was a huge Taylor fan, before she became big, after she hit fame, her innocence was shattered to me. A Place in This World, and Teardrops on My Guitar put such a huge smile on my face years ago.

Leona Lewis' Bleeding Love, Better in Time, Run, Happy, Whatever It Takes are all better and what I consider to be classics, compared to Taylor's hits. I used to love Taylor, but ever since the Kanye incident, it's way too much overexposure. If anything Kanye helped her career. She definitely gained more fans in the African American and Latino community, cause no one but myself knew who she was out here in the Bronx. People talk about Miley being bad, but Taylor is just as much to blame if not worse.

I still think Katy Perry owns both Taylor and Miley, and I love Miley. Katy is fun, sexy, a good person, and talented. And she loves Beyonce! <33 She's given her, her props countless times. I just hope she comes out with an album soon, cause her relationship with Russel Brand ain't pushing her to the forefront.

And if I said it once, I said it a thousand times, Britney is awesome, but not the best to me. She's still a household name, yet she still needs to be more....relaxed. After all of her drama, all of her uncalled for pain, she's still worth over 100 million. Which is why when Brit was going through what she was going through, I chose not to feel sorry for her. Why? Shaving your head, attacking a car wit ur umbrella, are you serious!? However, people make mistakes.

Please don't get me wrong, I can name five positive things about Britney and Gaga both.

1. Both are talented, 2. Both are pretty, 3. Both are sexy, 4. Both can perform(even if Brit lipsings, her concerts sell), 5. They mean well

I've listened too, bought, and favorited some of Brit's and Gaga's music.

But my Beyonce obsession comes from strickly her calmness, coolness, and collectiveness. She's sexy, yet classy, and I love that. I know people on here don't hate her, but IMO, she deserves much more credit on this forum, I mean, this chick works her ***** off, not saying Brit and Gaga don't though.

Let's not forget Janet, Madonna, or Mariah. They Queens, and Goddesses of Music as well. They're very professional, and learn how to move on.

For Rihanna...GGGB was an Epic Success. You know it, I know it, we all know it. I have to say, that after comparing Rihanna now, to about a year and 1/4 back when Take a Bow had leaked, and I fell in love with it. Words cannot explain how much I want Rihanna to dominate the charts again. I really feel that the whole Chris Brown thing brought her not only pain, but stolen energy. I want to hear Rihanna be sexy and bubbly, Disturbia worked, and while I do like Russian Roulette, it's not something I'll be looking for AMV or Disney Music Videos to the song on Youtube made for.

Demi Lavato is my girl, I really miss when she first came out though, you know when Camp Rock first hit, the songs were so.....full of rock, joy, you name it. I feel real nostalgic when it comes to music because when a certain song came out things were so much more serene, or fulled with passion.

Like Demi's This is Me, Beyonce's Crazy in Love, Britney's Someday, even Miley's One in a Million, and If We Were a Movie.

P.S. I still am a Taylor Fan, but I will actually start to listen to her more, when her next album comes out.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Once again, we realize your prefer color over white, but really, stop trying to cram it down our throats.

Gaga and Britney have huge fanbases and they have new music out right now. Beyonce does not. She only has new videos, and her talent has nothing to do with us saying her video is boring or crap. Beyonce is amazing, and your must have missed where we said we loved her and Gaga's collaborations.

As for Rihanna, you can't change the fact that we feel that her new material is not good. Besides Russian Roulette, all the songs we have heard are not good. We also said we loved her previous albums.

J-boogie200

^ Once again you have a point, I actually do not mean to offend anyone, since I've been on this forum for almost 2 years, I don't want to give a bad rep. I actually have a lot of artists who are white on my ipod and computer more than any other race, cause I'm a big rock and pop fan.

I love Phil Collins, Idina Menzel, Kristen Chenoweth, Justin Beiber, Carrie Underwood, Nickelback, Madonna, Miley Cyrus, Hilary Duff.

I try to look past color, but unfortunately some in the music industry don't. Like when Janet's superbowl incident happend, I felt like the public not only hounded her, but Justin abanded her. To this day I prefer any male artist I like over Justin.

Please, don't perceive me as a rascist or biased towards blacks only because I listen to more Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus based songs then a lot of today's rap.

I just am very political about music, and am very opinionated. I just have other artists who I favor, and music that I like better.

Please don't get the idea, any of you, that I am trying to make you feel bad for liking someone you like, or that I'm trying to cause trouble, because I do love this forum and this thread. I know that those artists I listed in my last post all are full of color, but they really touched me, in ways Brit and Gaga haven't. I still think Brit and Gaga are good artists.

P.S. Whitney Houston rocks, and Fantasia is still out there, coming out with the remake of the Color Purple.

KetchupO

tωisted
LMFAO @Boogie calling Beyonce "classy".

Have you seen Video Phone?
Desperate slut comes to mind.
That girl doesn't have an original thought in her head, all she does is rip other artists off.

Sure Britney sings about threesomes & boys & girls begging to "IfUSeekAmy", but at least she knows when to tone it down. She doesn't need to be over the top. She pulls it off with edge & class, no matter how sexual or suggestive the lyrical content or choreography may be.

Beyonce on the other hand... :\

Yeah. I went there. :)

J-boogie200

LMFAO @Boogie calling Beyonce "classy".

Have you seen Video Phone?
Desperate slut comes to mind.
That girl doesn't have an original thought in her head, all she does is rip other artists off.

Sure Britney sings about threesomes & boys & girls begging to "IfUSeekAmy", but at least she knows when to tone it down. She doesn't need to be over the top. She pulls it off with edge & class, no matter how sexual or suggestive the lyrical content or choreography may be.

Beyonce on the other hand... :\

Yeah. I went there. :)

Too bad u got lost on your way there.

Beyonce loves God, and has never shown her private parts of her body before. Beyonce is a legend and icon, do you even know where she got her start.

Beyonce brings sexiness and classiness, Beyonce even stated she rather sing slow and meaningful songs than fast ones. I will never be ashamed for loving and supporting Beyonce, Janet, Idina Menzel, or even Raven Symone.

Now, if you really, really want to go there, compare Jay-z and K-Fed.

Yeah, I went there. :D

KetchupO

tωisted
Too bad u got lost on your way there.

Beyonce loves God, and has never shown her private parts of her body before. Beyonce is a legend and icon, do you even know where she got her start.

Beyonce brings sexiness and classiness, Beyonce even stated she rather sing slow and meaningful songs than fast ones. I will never be ashamed for loving and supporting Beyonce, Janet, Idina Menzel, or even Raven Symone.

Now, if you really, really want to go there, compare Jay-z and K-Fed.

Yeah, I went there. :D
LMFAO you obviously have some racial conflict going on in your head.

Jay-Z is a well known & admitted free-mason. He's part of the Illuminati.
He's basically a Satanist, hun.

& LOL, Beyonce is nothing but a swagger-jacker.
She isn't the star if Video Phone, Ciara & Riri are.

KetchupO

tωisted
Your source for this fascinating data?

Oh well. I hate Jay-Z anyway.

Do some research, it's all over the internet, I cbb at the moment, lol.

His lyrics & his performances & his Rockafella "all seeing eye" hand signal. etc.

Beyonce loves God

And?

See, I'm going to completely avoid this conversation by stating that I'm almost finished with my Depeche Mode collection, finally, and am now currently only missing A Broken Frame and Ultra, having purchased Sounds of the Universe (after I came to terms with the fact that it is more enjoyable than Frame) and Songs of Faith and Devotion (why didn't I have this already, anyway?) just earlier this month. Nothing else new in this genre obtained lately, though. And, well, I have Ultra on my Christmas list. Obtaining Frame will probably have to wait, though, as I don't have any money for a while.

J-boogie200

Do some research, it's all over the internet, I cbb at the moment, lol.

His lyrics & his performances & his Rockafella "all seeing eye" hand signal. etc.

lmao, u r funny Beyonce is a Queen and u can't convince me otherwise, this Illuminate crap is corrupting your minds, if you watched Beyonce's life story, she always wishes good for people. She loves God, and just recently, like a week after the VMAs she sung to a little girl dying of cancer.

I now dare you to call Beyonce heartless. She started with Destiny's Child you know, Single Ladies didn't make Beyonce, Beyonce made Single Ladies.

Don't get it twisted.

Hey, does anyone like Selena Gomez's album. I love Falling Down, but haven't heard anything else.

To Mariya Shidou: What on Earth are you talking about, the topics your discussing are jibberish to me.

Last edited:
To Mariya Shidou: What on Earth are you talking about, the topics your discussing are jibberish to me.

It's very simple: I am questioning you as to what one's religion has to do with anything, meanwhile stating that I've obtained two more Depeche Mode albums for my collection. You know, hoping to spark non-argumentative discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.