• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

x. Pop-Pop 2.0!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoennMaster

She's trying to hard in my eyes. I miss the simple days of 2006 and 2007.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
I love breakin dishes too, it was tough without dying your hair black/nasty brown, wearing army gear or black eyeliner all the time. I still like some oof her music though, I cant lie.

I'm obsessed with Empire State of Mind 2, Like the Sea and Try sleeping with a broken heart by Alicia Keys, if you're in a crummy mood, just listen to her.

KetchupO

tωisted
Alicia's music bores me to death.

Her new album is full of soppy ballads, but not even the good kind. The kind that all sound the same & just make you wanna skip them. I dunno, I just couldn't get into it :\

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
I've never really been a fan after Rhianna idk why I never got into her music. As for Alicia, the only song I liked on her album was Put It In a Love Song with Bey.

I'm excited for Ke$has debut album to drop Jan 5th!!

I wish people would stop comparing Britney Spears and GaGa. Or even saying things like: "OMGG they should do a song together!!!". No they shouldn't.

First of all Britney is just a poster child. She doesn't write her own songs.

I would hope GaGa would never taint her name by coupling with Britney.

KetchupO

tωisted
I'm excited for Ke$has debut album to drop Jan 5th!!
I love Ke$ha <3

I wish people would stop comparing Britney Spears and GaGa. Or even saying things like: "OMGG they should do a song together!!!". No they shouldn't.

"I'm So Curious"
"Oops!... I Did It Again"
"Dear Diary"
"Lonely"
"Anticipating"
"Cinderella"
"Let Me Be"
"That's Where You Take Me"
"Before the Goodbye"
"Intimidated"
"Me Against the Music"
"Showdown"
"Early Mornin'"
"Touch of My Hand"
"The Hook Up"
"Shadow"
"Brave New Girl"
"Everytime"
"Don't Hang Up"
"(I've Just Begun) Having My Fun"
"Chaotic"
"Someday (I Will Understand)"
"Mona Lisa"
"And Then We Kiss"
"Follow Me"
"Freakshow"
"Ooh Ooh Baby"
"Everybody"
"Let Go"
"Rebellion"
"Mmm Papi"
"Mannequin"
"My Baby"
"Rock Me In"
"Look Who's Talking"
"When I Say So"
"She'll Never Be Me"
"Guilty"
"Sippin' On"
"Kiss You All Over"
"Pull Out"
"Hooked On"
"State of Grace"
"To Love Let Go"
"Girls & Boys"
"Baby Boy"
"Over To You Now"
"Outta This World"

Were written or co-written by Britney Spears.

That's more than Mariah, More than Rihanna, more than Celine Dion.
And these are just the songs we know of, there's plenty more in her catalogue.

B!tch, you just go owned. You don't mess with an icon. Go home.

Last edited:

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
You know its not Lady Gaga that I don't like its her fans. I like Lady Gaga and think shes an amazing performer, but why use her to bash another artist. Thats just pointless and stupid.

On another note. Ke$ha just reached number one with her single Tik Tok! 2010 is gonna be a great year for her :)

KetchupO

tωisted
Why not just discuss it here shining-Celebi?

1) Well Britney has released more albums and songs than GaGa, so obviously she's going to have written more songs than those people mentioned. In proportion, GaGa still writes more songs than her.
And what is your point?

Not writing your own material doesn't make you any less of an artist. That's why the industry has WRITERS & PRODUCERS.

An artists job is to add life & give meaning to the lyrics & deliver them in an entertaining manner.

Brit's a dancer, that is an art. You're a Gaga fan. You should be able to appreciate different types of art, no?

2) Britney lip-synchs on live. GaGa has true talent and doesn't. LIKE SHES SUPPOSED TO.

Gaga's never on pitch anyway. Lol.
& actually we've seen multiple examples of where Brit's mic is on & she's singing to a backing track.

Again, what's your point? She's a STUDIO artist.
You don't get a recording contract, you don't come in second on star search at age ten, & you don't get a career which lasts over a decade, without talent.

3) GaGa doesn't need any publicity stunts like Britney has made ( psycho-phase, kissing Madonna, etc.)
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

She's a walking freak. Yeah, she's built her whole career on her wackiness. It's a publicity stunt.

& Brit was ill you sick idiot. It wasn't a "publicity stunt". Why would anyone go so far as to lose their children for "publicity"? She's said countless times she wants the media to leave her alone.

Oh & how many times has Gaga posed nude?
& how do you explain these disgusting images?

http://www.hollywoodsleazy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/lady-gaga-bisexual-3.jpg
http://horiwood.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/biladygaga1.jpg

LOL. Go home.

4) GaGa knows what it means to be an ARTIST.
Again, your point?

You can't compare a pop icon to a new comer.

Don't mess with the Monster.
I wouldn't even know how much more messed her face could get :s

Chris-kun

i still believe

The original plan for Telephone and Quicksand would like to have a word with you

And what is your point?

Not writing your own material doesn't make you any less of an artist. That's why the industry has WRITERS & PRODUCERS.

An artists job is to add life & give meaning to the lyrics & deliver them in an entertaining manner.

Brit's a dancer, that is an art. You're a Gaga fan. You should be able to appreciate different types of art, no?

Give meaning to the lyrics by writing them. For some reason it feels like if Britney has always lacked passion for what she does.

It sad to see a celebrity hailed as an icon when he/she/it has "writers & producers".

Gaga's never on pitch anyway. Lol.
& actually we've seen multiple examples of where Brit's mic is on & she's singing to a backing track.

Again, what's your point? She's a STUDIO artist.
You don't get a recording contract, you don't come in second on star search at age ten, & you don't get a career which lasts over a decade, without talent.

Studio artist? Denial much?
Face it you pay Britney to lip-synch during her concerts, and she probably doesn't give 2 sh*ts about you or the rest of her fans. TCA 09 speech anyone?

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

She's a walking freak. Yeah, she's built her whole career on her wackiness. It's a publicity stunt.

Yes she is a freak, thats why the media sets out to find her, not the other way around.

& Brit was ill you sick idiot. It wasn't a "publicity stunt". Why would anyone go so far as to lose their children for "publicity"? She's said countless times she wants the media to leave her alone.

Perfect marketing ploy/source of revenue.

Pretend to be psycho and then get payed big when magazines interview you on your "amazing recovery".
Pfft.

Don't act like if Britney is soooo chaste. Crotch shot anyone?

And whats wrong with what Gaga is doing in those pics? She's just enjoying herself, and apparently having fun.
She's real like that. :p

Again, your point?

You can't compare a pop icon to a new comer.

GaGa will be the new Fame Monster given her success in a little amount of time.

HoennMaster

t sad to see a celebrity hailed as an icon when he/she/it has "writers & producers".

Many artists are this way. Not to mention every single artist out there has producers, Britney is no different. And she hasn't written plenty of her own songs. Besides, writing your own songs doesn't have anything to do with becoming a pop icon. It's how you present your music. Britney is a natural born performer. Her concerts are amazing.

she probably doesn't give 2 sh*ts about you or the rest of her fans. TCA 09 speech anyone?

You mean the speech where she thanked her fans, was speechless when people started cheering for her, and the one that she shook hands with a few people on her way to get the award? Yeah, clearly doesn't care. Not to mention she dedicated her VMAs to her fans.

GaGa will be the new Fame Monster given her success in a little amount of time.

I love Gaga, but sadly The Fame Monster is not doing much for her. True it had a higher debut then the The Fame, but it quickly fell down the charts and it couldn't even beat Adam Lambert despite her success being better.

That doesn't matter anyway, Gaga is already a pop icon.

Chris-kun

i still believe
The Fame Monster suffered because it had a flawed marketing strategy. Even after it was split, it was STILL marketed as a rerelease in some places, and since the double disc version counted as a sale of The Fame, NOT The Fame Monster, it destroyed what hope it had

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
Even with poor marketing, Fame Monster is doing well from a singles point of view, Bad Romance was number one on Itunes for quite some time. The album has recieved mostly postive reviews from critics and I have a feeling its just a filler album and her next, more loaded album, will be released in a few years time.

And can we not say how good another artist is by cutting down another. Both GaGa and Britney are doing exceptional well in the industry so there's no need to argue their affect on mainstream media. Lady Gaga is one of the most celebrated, unique artists in recent years and Britney has established, and reclaimed, her pop music status.

So I may be the worst person ever but I actually like "Crawl" by Chris Brown. I do think he should have waited years before surfacing in the music industry (releasing an album the 10 months after you assulted your girlfriend, really?) but there is no denying hes talented. I wouldn't buy or even download the album because I don't think it should have been released so soon but the song is actually well delivered and written.

I live in Canada so I am not sure if anyone else can relate, but what is with the wave of popularity of Justin Bieber? Opinions lol?

Charmbracelet

Looking In
I love Pop!

I'm loving these albums at the moment, everyone should check them out, especially fans of Pop:

Lady GaGa- "The Fame" (she also re-released it with 8 new tracks, the re-release is called "The Fame Monster", check it out because the 8 new tracks are even better than the original songs)

Mariah Carey- "Memoirs of an imperfect angel" (New album featuring her single Obsessed, there are some real jems on here, fantastic voice and lyrics).

Rihanna - "Rated R" (amazing album, very edgy but still quite pop, a very personal album. I love it)

Taylor Swift- "Fearless" (I'm suprised how good it is! im not into country music, but its far more pop than country)

Beyonce- "I Am....Sasha Fierce" (Fantastic voice! I love her, this album is half RnB and half Pop, either way it is GREAT)

Michael Jackson- "The Essentials" (He was an amazing artist, this is his greatest hits, some brilliant songs, I love almost all the songs, the uptempos are such fun pop songs, and the slow songs are so beautiful)

Last edited:

Charmbracelet

Looking In
I would love Britney and GaGa to duet, they both make GREAT pop music, GaGa said something once which I absolutely agree with, she said "Pop music will never be low-brow". Gaga has never represented herself other than a pop artist, same with Britney. A song together would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.