• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

x. Pop-Pop 2.0!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Kimberly left because she was unhappy with her spot in PCD, which was a dancer. Jess left because the label and management mistrearted her when she broke her rib and it was her final straw, Ash left because she wanted to pursue acting. Nicole had nothing to do with them leaving. They all left either because the management wasn't working or they wanted to do this on their own. If you actually watch their interviews ( video ones not any written ones ) , they never slash Nicole, Kim herself has stated there was never harshness towards Nicole and she sees her as a sister.

I think people are just wanting Ke$ha to fail when she really isn't. It's been what 5 monthes since she debuted? She already has 2 singles reach the 10 ten, one reaching it without even being a single. Her album went number one the first week. She has already achieved many things. It hasn't even been one year for Ke$ha yet and people are slashing her?

Draken

Overcome by Alexandra Burke, Is gonna be released on April 19th in United States.

I think people are just wanting Ke$ha to fail when she really isn't. It's been what 5 monthes since she debuted? She already has 2 singles reach the 10 ten, one reaching it without even being a single. Her album went number one the first week. She has already achieved many things. It hasn't even been one year for Ke$ha yet and people are slashing her?

She's exactly like 3OH!3; Hella popular for a while, but quickly fades away.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
Natalie from Girlicious was arrested for cocain possession....oops!

So Telephone is coming out tomorrow? I am just reporting the news, I am beyond tired of hearing about this video.

I'm really digging "Lose Control" featuring JoJo from Timbaland's Shock Value 2.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
Sorry, should have remembered that trashy threesome only achieved mild success in Canada, for the rest of the world, it isn't really news.

HoennMaster

So Telephone is finally premiering tonight. It better be damn good for all of this waiting. Also, numerous sites have said that it has been confirmed that Alejandro is the third single from The Fame Monster. I'm excited for that. It will be fun to hear it on the radio and I can't wait for a video.

Kimberly left because she was unhappy with her spot in PCD, which was a dancer. Jess left because the label and management mistrearted her when she broke her rib and it was her final straw, Ash left because she wanted to pursue acting. Nicole had nothing to do with them leaving. They all left either because the management wasn't working or they wanted to do this on their own. If you actually watch their interviews ( video ones not any written ones ) , they never slash Nicole, Kim herself has stated there was never harshness towards Nicole and she sees her as a sister.

That's not 100% true. Jessica and Kimberly have both done magazine interviews where they don't trash Nicole, but they say she isn't their friend and she's not the best person to work with. I've read both.

That honestly doesn't mean she has the staying power. A number one album these days really isn't that hard, especially with albums sales dwindling. Plus, look at other artist who are super successful, sometime they just begin to bomb come second album.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Ok..........so Telephone is by far one of the strangest videos I have ever seen. It was crazy. It was pretty good. I don't really like the fact that it really doesn't have anything to do with the song itself, but I am glad that Beyonce plays a big part instead of just her two lyrics.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Sure it's a bit early to say that she won't last, but if you haven't noticed by now the internet is 99% negativity. Though facts are facts: her album was released at the beginning of January and debuted at #1, yet to this day has not yet been certified Gold [500,000 copies]. That's what people are referring to; she had great success to start, but after someone becomes successful there is always the question of their staying power. "TiK ToK" was a huge hit [spending 8 weeks at #1 on the Hot 100 thanks to massive radio play and over 3 million downloads] and "Blah Blah Blah" peaked at #7 when her album was released and is now climbing back up the charts now that it is officially a single [I think it's at #11 now, or something close to that].
No one knows what the future holds for Ke$ha, but so far it seems she's more one of those artists that has comercially successful singles, but not the record sales to make her a justified star [similar to Flo Rida].

Speaking of Ke$ha, her video for "Blah Blah Blah" was decent. Better than the one for "TiK ToK" at least. ESPECIALLY in the make-up department. God, compared to "Blah Blah Blah" she looks like trash in "TiK ToK"! Though it does lose points for taking place in a bowling alley in some scenes. I believe that a music video should NEVER take place in a bowling alley unless the song actually has something to do with bowling [and if that's the case there is something to be said about the song]. I was mainly looking forward to this video for the appearence of Sean Foreman of 3OH!3 [aka the one with short blonde hair]...God he's sex on legs!

Overcome by Alexandra Burke, Is gonna be released on April 19th in United States.
Which makes me very nervous as there's still no North American release date for "Bad Boys". How can she sell albums here if no one outside Europe knows who she is? Then again, Taio Cruz has a #1 single under his belt stateside already and "Break Your Heart" was only released a couple of weeks ago.

On the topic of popular songs right now, Rihanna's "Rude Boy" is tearing up the charts! It's quickly making it's way up the radio chart, is currently at #2 on the iTunes 100 chart, and has peaked at #4 on the Hot 100. I really do not understand why Rihanna released "Russian Roulette" as the lead single from 'Rated R' when "Rude Boy" is clearly so much better. I have a feeling that if "Rude Boy" was the lead single there would have been a lot more interest in her latest album.

Okay, and now onto my review for Lady GaGa's "Telephone" music video.
I'd like to start off saying that it had me LOLing twice within the first minute; both the 'prison for bitches' label and the "I told you she didn't have a dick" line got to me. I love how GaGa can take a comment that would be very hurtful to most and make it a punch-line in her video. One thing I noticed that I'm sure wasn't unintentional is the scenes in prison were very tough and real, not to mention the lighting was quite dull. Where-as the second half of the video was very cartoony, vibrant and colorful. I really loved the scenes between GaGa and Beyonce, the banter they had was so cute. Though it was also super cheesy, which I'm guessing was intentional with Beyonce scarfing a pastry and GaGa looking straight in the camera after delivering a line like "once you kill a cow you gotta make a burger". Not to mention the whole 'Lets make a Sandwich' segment, which bordered on just plain random. I do absolutely LOVE the blue telephone head piece GaGa wore during that scene, though. And did anyone else notice that when she goes to serve them her boots appear to be made out of paper mache? I really enjoyed Beyonce getting the GaGa treatment in this video, her donning outfits and pieces she never would in her own. It was something I really hoped would happen as in Beyonce's "Video Phone" video, GaGa was very toned down and Beyonce-like. It was only fair that GaGa would get to do the same for her own video.

The only thing I didn't really like about this video is that it didn't really have a point, so it came off as kind of self-indulgent. Sure GaGa likes to put on spectacles in her videos, but they usually have a plot or message to take away from all the craziness. But with "Telephone" there wasn't really a plot at all, just a random series of events that are some-what tied to the plot of the "Paparazzi" video. I also didn't like the fact that the song was interupted every 25 seconds for a 2+ minute acting scene. I get that it's supposed to be a short film of sorts, but GaGa seemed to have forgotten completely that this is actually a music video. How are they supposed to play this on music channels? At least with "Paparazzi" the acting scenes were at the beginning and end so they could edit them down a bit.

Overall, I do think it was worth the hype. It is very visually appealing, even GaGa haters have to give it that.

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
.Bambi. I agree with your comments for the most part. It didn't connect to the song or tell a story coherrently (Bad Romance was more successful in bringing a story to a video so to speak) but the homor and over-the-topness of the video was actually quite charming. I'm not sure what they'll do with editing, or if they'll even edit it at all but at the same time, most music channels don't want to use up a whole airtime block for a single music video.

I'm sure somehing will be worked out. Am I the only one wishing caution tape will somehow hit the runway? XD

MrFuji

I think Blah Blah Blah is possibly the worst song I've ever heard. Really. I can't find anything good with it. Annoying voice, unoriginal. It's not even catchy.

HoennMaster

LOL, well sadly we didn't get to chose a title. Anyway, I'm surprised no one has commented on Telephone yet. After re-watching it, it lacks one thing: Gaga. For me Beyonce is the star of the video. Her parts are so funny, especially the "You've been a bad girl Gaga".

Wow I really did liked the music video even if it didn't have to do with the song. This video was really funny. And the outfits were really strange... And I love what people said in the background when Gaga was at the Prison for *****es and "Paper Gangsta" was playing outside.. And I really love Beyonce in this video. The diner has to be my favorite part. Hmm... I was wondering at the end if there going to be a next part to this video just liked Paparazzi. (And it said To Be Continued but there probably won't be a next part)

Last edited:

HoennMaster

I knew it, she had to show it to end the rumors. Again, love Beyonce's first appearance and the fact that she's around the whole time. Love the American Flag dresses dance in the diner.

I still don't get why they killed everyone though. I don't see how this is really a sequel to Paparazzi other then Gaga being in prison.

Moving on, I saw this picture in People magazine and was so happy. Britney looks great, she looks happy, and she's dressed normal. It makes me happy to see the progress she has made and I can't wait to see what she has in store.

[IMG200]http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20100228/293.spears.cm.22810.jpg[/IMG200]

Last edited:

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
I'm not sure what they'll do with editing, or if they'll even edit it at all but at the same time, most music channels don't want to use up a whole airtime block for a single music video.
I remember seeing "Paparazzi" on MuchMusic and it was heavily edited to make it shorter. So I can imagine "Telephone" will be hacked to pieces.

I don't get it, why the **** is the thread title not "Pop Music"
It looks like some flaming homosexual threw it up
Yup.

I still don't get why they killed everyone though. I don't see how this is really a sequel to Paparazzi other then Gaga being in prison.
Well there's also the fact that GaGa killed her boyfriend in the "Paparazzi" video. Beyonce bails GaGa out of jail so she can help her kill her own boyfriend because, you know, she has the experience. Also Beyonce's outfit in the diner scene is kind of an homage to the poisoning scene in "Paparazzi", as she's wearing all yellow and dons the mouse-trap sunglasses after her boyfriend is killed. And GaGa's mugshot from the "Paparazzi" video is used during the news flash.

"Telephone" hasn't even been out [officially] for 24 hours yet and it already has over 4 million views of YouTube. GaGa is unstoppable!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.