• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

x. Pop-Pop 2.0!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris-kun

i still believe
There ARE no more singles from The Fame Monster, it was confirmed by Kirill like months ago :l

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
There ARE no more singles from The Fame Monster, it was confirmed by Kirill like months ago :l

What a relief to be honest. If she's working on new material she should take a break for that or her tour. I'm glad the label made this decision considering the Fame Monster only has 8 tracks I'm pretty sure. I also wasn't a fan of the "Alejandro" video, I felt it was too long, too complex and just didn't work with the song even though she did explain the concept in an interview.

Rumors were also swirling that Britney Spears would release new material in upcoming weeks but I guess those were denied by her camp. I was hoping for an MTV VMA comeback, but ever since 2008 (1 year since the infamous performance), the desire for a "redo" will always be in my head.

Not so much "pop" perse but I've been listening to Kelis' "Fleshtone" and Sean Kingston's new single, "Letting Go".

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Dance In The Dark is playing on the radio in Australia, and it's from The Fame Monster album. Even if this song never makes it to the U.S. or abroad, it's still technically a single from The Fame Monster. To me, as long as they play on the radio, they're singles.

Rumors were also swirling that Britney Spears would release new material in upcoming weeks but I guess those were denied by her camp. I was hoping for an MTV VMA comeback, but ever since 2008 (1 year since the infamous performance), the desire for a "redo" will always be in my head.

Too bad! I was really looking forward to news of some new songs from her, I really love her. I almost feel as if she's been shunned lately, she's never in the spotlight anymore. I hope she's still relevant :S

Last edited:

HoennMaster

Has anyone heard Taylor Swift's new single Mine? It's actually really good. Far better then anything on Fearless and it actually sounds like a country song. I know actually have some faith about her album.

Anyway, I'm liking Ke$ha's new song so much, I might just buy the whole album instead of downloading the individual songs from Amazon when they're released as singles. Take It Off has some groovy lyrics and the sounds pretty good too. I still don't like her as a person but as a singer, she's doing better than I expected. Does anyone recommend Animal? Are the rest of her songs really worth it?

I feel the same, although her as a singer I don't even like that much. I would say listen to Animal on Youtube first. There are some really good songs and then horrible ones.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Dance In The Dark is playing on the radio in Australia, and it's from The Fame Monster album. Even if this song never makes it to the U.S. or abroad, it's still technically a single from The Fame Monster. To me, as long as they play on the radio, they're singles.

Some radio stations have taken to playing it and Speechless of their own volition. It's not a single, it's just something from the album that's getting airplay. They won't get videos, they won't be singles.

Re: Brit: Aaww how long is she gonna work on her 7th album, they've been talking about it for months now :(

Lorde

Has anyone heard Taylor Swift's new single Mine? It's actually really good. Far better then anything on Fearless and it actually sounds like a country song. I know actually have some faith about her album.

I feel the same, although her as a singer I don't even like that much. I would say listen to Animal on Youtube first. There are some really good songs and then horrible ones.

Yeah I've heard it, it's that leaked song right? I liked it, but I don't appreciate it as much as some of her other songs. I like her style of music since it can go both ways at times and Mine is pretty good but I think Love Story is my favorite.

And I'll take a listen to all of Ke$ha's other songs, it's just that I have to listen to something at least 10 times before I get it and I was wondering if her songs do better with age :p

Chelc

I like Mine, it is a slightly more mature version of Love Story, and I think it's a step in the right direction for her, because so many people complained about Fearless being too immature (even though she wrote most of it when she was 16-18). However, I really wish she'd release something that doesn't have to do with love/relationships... I know they do well, but she has other good songs like A Place In This World, The Best Day, Change, etc... I hope she has songs like that and not a bunch of Love Story-type songs on this new album.

I love Animal tbh. There is not a single song I dislike on that album. Each song is catchy and fun, even the slower ones. I discovered some old demos and Ke$ha can actually sing (while not the greatest), which really surprised me lol.

I heard Speechless is Gaga's next/last single for the US, while DITD is for Australia. I don't know if it's true, so don't take it as a fact lol, I mean, about Speechless. Also, is The Remix album worth buying?

Who Owns My Heart is Miley's new single for the UK.

Katy has another song available from her new album called Not Like The Movies. It's a ballad, and I really like it. Also, here's the album sampler for Teenage Dream. And, the video for Teenage Dream is coming soon.

Take this Britney news with a grain of salt...

Rumor has it the announcement of Britney's new album is August 27th.

The single comes out on September 7th and is titled:

It's A Secret

Album release scheduled for November 2nd.

This doesn't come from BH itself, I heard it came from GimmeBritney.com, who knew about The Singles Collection before anyone else even though Britney's team denied it, I think. They also have a countdown on their site, so...hopefully, this is true. I'm gonna be checking GimmeBritney everyday, LOL.

The trailer for Christina's movie, Burlesque, is finally out.

Also, be sure to vote for Gaga, Beyonce, Katy, Ke$ha, Taylor, and our other girls so they can win VMAs! :D There is a lack of Britney, Rihanna, Miley, and Christina though (I thought all of them would have at least one nomination for something)...oh well. Any other information about the VMAs is located there as well.

Last edited:

gliscor

*BAD ROMANCE*
ok so i heard this about madonna
Arthur Fogel, Live Nation's Touring Director who's been responsible for Madonna's tours in the past decade, has been interviewed by Italian newspaper La Stampa. He talked mainly about the crisis in the music industry and specifically for live acts. While many acts are suffering and revenues are decreasing, he praises Madonna and Lady Gaga for their success. He also reports to the newspaper that Madonna will return with a new album in 2012. No other details were given.
i dont know if it is true or not but i am a bit scepticle. and im not to sure on the sorce as it was from a website that leaks things but if you want the link here it is

i am in love with katy perry's album preview it is so good i am sooooo excited for this album

Last edited:

Lorde

I love Animal tbh. There is not a single song I dislike on that album. Each song is catchy and fun, even the slower ones. I discovered some old demos and Ke$ha can actually sing (while not the greatest), which really surprised me lol.

I've read several reviews and most weren't too good. Most people compared her to a karaoke singer to put it mildly. I'm hesitating on getting it until I've heard most of her songs which I'll probably end up doing later tonight lol.

I heard Speechless is Gaga's next/last single for the US, while DITD is for Australia. I don't know if it's true, so don't take it as a fact lol, I mean, about Speechless.

Eww, Speechless is pretty much the most non-popish song on The Fame Monster. Don't know what they're thinking/smoking.

Also, be sure to vote for Gaga, Beyonce, Katy, Ke$ha, Taylor, and our other girls so they can win VMAs! :D There is a lack of Britney, Rihanna, Miley, and Christina though (I thought all of them would have at least one nomination for something)...oh well. Any other information about the VMAs is located there as well.

I'll be sure to check it out, though if I'm being honest with myself, I'll probably be very prejudice and just vote for Lady GaGa and Ke$ha and ignore the other girls.

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I like Mine, it is a slightly more mature version of Love Story, and I think it's a step in the right direction for her, because so many people complained about Fearless being too immature (even though she wrote most of it when she was 16-18). However, I really wish she'd release something that doesn't have to do with love/relationships... I know they do well, but she has other good songs like A Place In This World, The Best Day, Change, etc... I hope she has songs like that and not a bunch of Love Story-type songs on this new album.

Her newest album might not have to do much with love. I read on Yahoo news that she said each of her news songs are a confession to someone. I doubt all 14 tracks will be about love.

HoennMaster

Yeah, she need to move away from love already. That's one reason why I got tired of Fearless so quickly.

This doesn't come from BH itself, I heard it came from GimmeBritney.com, who knew about The Singles Collection before anyone else even though Britney's team denied it, I think. They also have a countdown on their site, so...hopefully, this is true. I'm gonna be checking GimmeBritney everyday, LOL.

I hope it ends up true. I need new Britney soon.

I'm surprised they didn't nominate Britney for anything. If U Seek Amy and Radar could have been there. I love her, but they gave Gaga Video of the Year with two nominations.

ChloboShoka

Writer
My favorite song from Britney is Sugarfall, E-Mail my heart, Womanizer and every time. =3 These four are my favorites because I love beat and vocals and Britney pulled it off really well. E-mail My Heart is really cute and sweet. Womanizer because it's catchy, fun and has a good message to it, and every time because I think it's a very special song.

I'm looking forward to Seal's new album, Commitment. It's out next month. Kiss From A Rose is my favorite song ever and his other albums are really good. It's a shame he didn't release togetherland, the previews sounded amazing. But I'm glad he's got some new material; his voice is really good.

The trailer for Christina's movie, Burlesque, is finally out.
I'm definitively going to see the movie when it comes out. The trailer looks pretty fun.

Last edited:

Chelc

The 4th KIRA: Lol I don't blame you, I REALLY want Bad Romance to win video of the year. I really, really hope she gets a VMA for it, she deserves it. Maybe I'm biased, but whatever, Bad Romance is the best video on that nomination list, and of the year, for me.

Also, Perez Hilton confirmed Speechless isn't a single, it's just that some radio stations are playing it. I'm kind of glad, tbh. Also, wth @ Eh Eh being a single in Canada...? Weird...

Anyways, before I get to Britney, this was posted on Gaga Boards regarding her third album:

[I can't post this pic because it's huge.]

"I know someone who works at Interscope Records in Santa Monica and she got hold of this. She tells me its true so I wanted to share it with gaga fans on this forum. She tells me that Interscope send confirmation of recorded music to artists who are creating new records and then the artist's manager has to scan it and type the names of songs/known writers and producers. I can't believe she got hold of this! She tells me she has only heard "Far From Me", "You & I" and "Hooker" and the demos, and that Far From Me is a really epic song about a break up and sounds like Poker Face on steroids, You & I is a great ballad about love and Hooker is a really sexy dance track and also really addictive and dark. The two demos were recorded in Australia and Ink is about tattoos or something and I don't know about the other."
- mothersecrets from gagaboards

No one knows if this is legit, but if true...I can't wait. :)

Info on new Britney song:

[Another slightly big pic.]

Supposedly, this song was recorded in 2001, so it might not even be new...nobody knows now, lol. :rolleyes: Britney news can be so confusing. :( I'll try to keep you guys posted.

Another Katy Perry song from Teenage Dream is on iTunes called Circle The Drain. It may be about her ex, Travie McCoy, the guy who sings that Billionaire song. It's somewhere on YouTube if you guys want to listen to it. I think the video for Teenage Dream came out today, too, but I haven't seen it yet.

HoennMaster

I'm not sure if you guys knew, but the Britney Spears Glee episode is confirmed! (A while ago anyway lol)

According to Rolling Stone, Baby One More Time, Oops! I Did It Again, Stronger, and Toxic have all been confirmed for the episode and I'm A Slave 4 U is a possibility.

Lorde

Anyways, before I get to Britney, this was posted on Gaga Boards regarding her third album:

No one knows if this is legit, but if true...I can't wait. :)

Looks interesting, if it's real then it's not as many songs as I would have liked. "Born This Way" sounds like a tribute to the gay community, I'm interested to see how it'll be received if it's really real and I hope it is :)

Another Katy Perry song from Teenage Dream is on iTunes called Circle The Drain. It may be about her ex, Travie McCoy, the guy who sings that Billionaire song. It's somewhere on YouTube if you guys want to listen to it. I think the video for Teenage Dream came out today, too, but I haven't seen it yet.

I'll be sure to listen to it sometime, I don't usually listen to her work just because it often annoys me for some reason but I might as well have a listen before I judge lol. And speaking of McCoy, I like his Billionaire song, it gets stuck in your head.

HoennMaster

YAY! So if you didn't read my last post (two above this one), read it.

Ok, so today the creator of Glee confirmed that Britney will be appearing in her tribute episode!

Lorde

YAY! So if you didn't read my last post (two above this one), read it.

Ok, so today the creator of Glee confirmed that Britney will be appearing in her tribute episode!

She's actually going to appear on TV? That's a change, well I'm interested in seeing what role she's going to play in her own tribute episode, hopefully she'll lend a hand and actually sing a song and not just appear for 10 seconds near the end of the episode. Baby One More Time, Oops! I Did It Again, and I'm A Slave 4 U are my favorite songs by Britney so I hope she's involved with at least one on the show lol. Oh this is an interesting time to be alive :)

I bought Animal after listening to the songs. I like Tik Tok and like 2 others but the rest I don't really appreciate. I'll give them another try later but right now I've got Take It Off stuck in my head @_@

HoennMaster

Well, apparently the episode is about going to the dentist and while there the characters have hallucinations and Britney appears in those hallucinations.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Britney's tweeted
What's uuupppp tweethearts? Spending the day in the studio recording.
She also said she's going to meet Lady Gaga. :)

Sugababes have announced they're starting to record their 8th album and planning to release it in 2011. I think it's nice they have all the drama behind them now. I hope they don't keep pushing the album release like they did with Sweet 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.